Oh and ive havent been biking for that long

|

Refs on TCUB: Aetsh, i <3bike
Refs on Vital: abod, 605, Blake el gingero, BobPA
All refs are buying

6/5/2008 3:09 PM

google it

|

PAIN is just a weakness leaving the body..

6/5/2008 3:10 PM

True i will do that

|

All refs are buying

6/5/2008 3:13 PM

dont true your own wheel or try too if you dont know how

ive had to re true my friends wheels cause they saw how to do it on the internet

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

6/5/2008 3:15 PM

ya thats true
take it to a shop.

|

PAIN is just a weakness leaving the body..

6/5/2008 3:17 PM

2funny4u wrote:

ive had to re true my friends wheels cause they saw how to do it on the internet

So go to the shop and ask them to teach me?

|

All refs are buying

6/5/2008 3:23 PM

lol npo, its usually onl like 20 or 15 to get a wheel trued! ull need over 100 dollars in aequipment to do it, stand and wrenches etc.....

its cheaper to have them do it for the 20

|

ride often ride always

6/5/2008 3:28 PM

2funny4u wrote:

xTheLivingShadow wrote:

So go to the shop and ask them to teach me?

no take it to a shop and have them do it!

|

6/5/2008 3:37 PM

Mirraco_94 wrote:

lol npo, its usually onl like 20 or 15 to get a wheel trued! ull need over 100 dollars in aequipment to do it, stand and wrenches etc.....

wtf i trued a wheel with brakes and a spoke tightening tool it's easy as shit

|

crabs are the magical kingdom of the future

6/5/2008 3:48 PM

lol ok, ik but some people are dumbasses and tighten to much, lol my friend snapped 3 spokes, what a douiche!

|

ride often ride always

6/5/2008 4:07 PM

A spoke wrench is around $5.... read up on how to true wheels online, and when you try it yourself, take it slow. Make small adjustments until you get a feel for exactly what you are doing.
19 and 22 are the diameters of the crank's spindle. Profiles are 19mm, Primos are 22mm.
If you mean how do you know how tall your bars are, flip your bike upside down and measure from the floor to where the stem clamps to the bar. That will get you pretty close. I think it's supposed to be measured from the center of the clamping area to the center of the grip area.

|

6/5/2008 4:26 PM

sittingduck wrote:

A spoke wrench is around $5.... read up on how to true wheels online, and when you try it yourself, take it slow. Make small adjustments until you get a feel for exactly what you are doing.
19 and 22 are the diameters of the crank's spindle. Profiles are 19mm, Primos are 22mm.
If you mean how do you know how tall your bars are, flip your bike upside down and measure from the floor to where the stem clamps to the bar. That will get you pretty close. I think it's supposed to be measured from the center of the clamping area to the center of the grip area.

Now the cranks does that depend on the frame or Spindle?

|

All refs are buying

6/5/2008 4:36 PM

sittingduck wrote:

xTheLivingShadow wrote:

spindle, any cranks can fit on any frame, the bb is all that matter

|

6/5/2008 4:39 PM

sittingduck wrote:

xTheLivingShadow wrote:

2funny4u wrote:

spindle, any cranks can fit on any frame, the bb is all that matter

Thank you

|

All refs are buying

6/5/2008 4:41 PM

Mirraco_94 wrote:

no i made a truing stand for like 20 bucks i just bought some sopper pipes and joints and it just a lot of saudering and measuring

|

6/5/2008 5:06 PM

to ture a wheel if u dont have brakes flip the bike over and tape a straw or something to the frame pretty close to your rim and spin the wheel check where it hits the straw (on both sides) and then adjust it from there with a spoke wrench

thats how i do it but it takes me a really long time because im never sure if the straw is the same on both sides or not so i just take it really slow while i true it to make sure its right

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

6/5/2008 5:36 PM

1- the 19 or 22 has to do with the spindle, which you need to know when your replacing your bottom bracket stuff that way all you shit fits.

2- it's what's comfortable if that's what you mean... you need to be specific when you ask questions they can be one of a few things. what height you need, or the height of the bar itself etc etc

3 - if your wheel has a wobble on one spot on one side of your wheel you need to adjust the opposite side of the wobble. and never turn your spoke wrench more than a quarter of a turn at time... (you can pop your tire if you get to hasty and all that nonsense or you can just throw your wheel completely out of true.)

|