Bike Size

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2017 6:35 AM

I'm 6 foot 6 inch tall and just recently bought a 20.75" TT what rise bars should I get for the most comfortable ride?

|

9/20/2017 6:46 AM

whatever feels best to you. If you are actually riding street, etc... I would recommend as tall a bar/neck combo as you can find as you will need to easier pulling force afforded by a taller setup (because of your height & angle of "attack" on the bars). That's my experience, anyway, being 6' 1"

|

9/20/2017 6:47 AM

I'll mainly be riding street I was thinking of getting 10" rise if I can find some

|

9/20/2017 7:34 AM

I like a taller bar. I've ridden lower rise bars and a front load stem & found the "pull" was lacking (I feel it was because it put too much of my weight over the bars to begin with.... think trying to bunny hop on a road bike). It also stands to reason that the taller you are, the bigger your bike would be (bar height, frame size, etc...).

Do you know anyone or a bike shop where you could maybe try a few different height bars? I would think a park would have someone you could talk to.

|

9/20/2017 7:41 AM

I'm sure I can find somewhere around here that would have some to rest out. I went with the 20.75" because it was too good of a deal to pass up $400 Fly bike for $20 and nothing wrong with it just a few scrapes

|

9/20/2017 10:14 AM

A longer frame would be much more beneficial. If you think about your body position whilst doing tricks, due to the top tube length, all your weight will be over the back wheel, making balancing hard. Taller bars make it easier to lift the front end. Which means balancing will be even harder. I'd imagine you'll loop out before being able to do a decent sized hop.

|