Bike Thrower

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2021 10:55 AM

Are you a Bike Thrower when stuff doesn't go your way or nah?

|

Husky Nation Member

3/5/2021 11:04 AM

Used to be. I used to stress a lot, especially if something on my bike didn't work properly. Last time I threw my bike was years ago though. I had a shitty alienation rim that just wouldn't hold tyres on properly and kept getting blow outs. I replaced a tube after it blew out, got to a spot and it blew out again so I threw and dragged my bike the whole way home.

|

3/5/2021 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2021 11:11 AM

Nah but if the bike wants to fly away from me or fall off something I won’t try very hard to save it

|

3/5/2021 11:34 AM

cky199 wrote:

Nah but if the bike wants to fly away from me or fall off something I won’t try very hard to save it

Bikes are so suicidal sometimes.

|

3/5/2021 11:35 AM

I've never thrown my bike out of anger. Imagine being a grown man and having such poor control over your emotions that you would throw a tantrum like a toddler. I'm embarrassed for people like that.

|

3/5/2021 11:35 AM

When I was 17 for sure was a thrower. Now at 32 I appreciate my stuff much more so not so much.

|

3/5/2021 11:38 AM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

I've never thrown my bike out of anger. Imagine being a grown man and having such poor control over your emotions that you would throw a tantrum like a toddler. I'm embarrassed for people like that.

Yeah, imagine being passionate, and having emotions......

|

3/5/2021 11:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2021 11:41 AM

I used to be , now instead of sending my bike flying I send the nearest scooter kid who isn’t watching where he’s going flying

|

3/5/2021 11:48 AM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

I've never thrown my bike out of anger. Imagine being a grown man and having such poor control over your emotions that you would throw a tantrum like a toddler. I'm embarrassed for people like that.

Pretty much came here to say this. Any time I see someone throw their bike I immediately think they're a child.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/5/2021 11:48 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I used to be , now instead of sending my bike flying I send the nearest scooter kid who isn’t watching where he’s going flying

Similar but different, I take the same kid's scooter and throw it up into the nearest power lines..

|

3/5/2021 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2021 11:58 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Yeah, imagine being passionate, and having emotions......

....and the maturity of a 2 year old. Great combo. Lol, do you hit women when dates don't go your way either?

|

3/5/2021 11:56 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Pretty much came here to say this. Any time I see someone throw their bike I immediately think they're a child.

I won't even ride with people like that. That's a person that doesn't have their shit together.

|

3/5/2021 12:02 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

I've never thrown my bike out of anger. Imagine being a grown man and having such poor control over your emotions that you would throw a tantrum like a toddler. I'm embarrassed for people like that.

.pegless. wrote:

Yeah, imagine being passionate, and having emotions......

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

....and the maturity of a 2 year old. Great combo. Lol, do you hit women when dates don't go your way either?

Funnily enough, being in touch and open about my emotions usually means dates do go my way.

This attitude towards "real men" not showing emotions is the reason so many men take their own lives. I hope you're proud.

But I'd like to point out that throwing my bike hasn't happened for years, and certainly wasn't a regular occurrence

|

3/5/2021 12:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I used to be , now instead of sending my bike flying I send the nearest scooter kid who isn’t watching where he’s going flying

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Similar but different, I take the same kid's scooter and throw it up into the nearest power lines..

I don’t actually throw children , even though it’s a nice idea , kind of like midget tossing

I would never intentionally do this to a small child who didn’t know any better but it usually happens at least once a season where I go to a park and there’s some little ignorant prick at least 12 or older on a scooter who’s parents never taught the kid discipline and respect and he’s got an attitude problem talking shit to people , I always tell those kids politely hey man don’t follow behind me. But because those kids tend to be little assholes they think fuck this guy I’m going to do exactly what he just politely advised me not to and follow right behind him , then I proceed to air a quarter straight up as high as I can and come straight back into the quarter and I’ve definitely mowed down a handful of little bastards as they don’t know quarterpipes are designed for airing and not fly outs , happens usually at least once a season on a road trip , they learn park etiquette and to respect older peoples advice real quick when they get flattened or landed on

It is scary as hell when there’s some super young kid who doesn’t know any better gets in the way , then I always hit the eject button and toss the bike elsewhere and take as much impact myself in the slam to try to minimize all possible damage to the poor kid , but there is allot of disrespectful little pricks on scooters I don’t mind teaching park etiquette too the hard way

|

3/5/2021 12:31 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I used to be , now instead of sending my bike flying I send the nearest scooter kid who isn’t watching where he’s going flying

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Similar but different, I take the same kid's scooter and throw it up into the nearest power lines..

eskimojay wrote:

I don’t actually throw children , even though it’s a nice idea , kind of like midget tossing

I would never intentionally do this to a small child who didn’t know any better but it usually happens at least once a season where I go to a park and there’s some little ignorant prick at least 12 or older on a scooter who’s parents never taught the kid discipline and respect and he’s got an attitude problem talking shit to people , I always tell those kids politely hey man don’t follow behind me. But because those kids tend to be little assholes they think fuck this guy I’m going to do exactly what he just politely advised me not to and follow right behind him , then I proceed to air a quarter straight up as high as I can and come straight back into the quarter and I’ve definitely mowed down a handful of little bastards as they don’t know quarterpipes are designed for airing and not fly outs , happens usually at least once a season on a road trip , they learn park etiquette and to respect older peoples advice real quick when they get flattened or landed on

It is scary as hell when there’s some super young kid who doesn’t know any better gets in the way , then I always hit the eject button and toss the bike elsewhere and take as much impact myself in the slam to try to minimize all possible damage to the poor kid , but there is allot of disrespectful little pricks on scooters I don’t mind teaching park etiquette too the hard way

Has to be done at times. I have no problem snaking people like this.
Dont hang your scooter over the edge of the coping while im in the bowl or i will plan my whole run around tire tapping it out.

|

Husky Nation Member

3/5/2021 1:09 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Yeah, imagine being passionate, and having emotions......

See this. Dude goes for 800 lbs bench and misses it because the bar was misloaded. He doesn't throw a fit, he takes it for what it is. And no one that throws their bike is doing anything nearly as frustrating as that. It has nothing to do with passion or having emotions, it's about having self control.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/5/2021 2:18 PM

Throw... nah but I may cuss but more than likely will just walk away and try to take a breather. Depends on the surroundings...if they're kids around I try to just not cuss and just take a rest to cool down.

|

REF: HELLOMYNAMEISRAD, CKY99

3/5/2021 2:39 PM

I don't throw it out of anger, but to prevent falls.

|

3/5/2021 2:48 PM

I've always wanted to throw my bike into a tree or onto a tall fence so i have to climb to go get it

|

3/5/2021 2:51 PM

cky199 wrote:

Nah but if the bike wants to fly away from me or fall off something I won’t try very hard to save it

SoCalShreds wrote:

Bikes are so suicidal sometimes.

lol you know what i mean, if im going fast and loop out and the bike wants to fly away im not gonna hang on for dear life, i'd rather let my bike take the hit and land safely on my feet

or if im about to ride into traffic i'll just ghost ride the whip you know better the bike than me and the bike

|

3/5/2021 2:52 PM

I once accidentally threw my bike at you lol

|

3/5/2021 5:08 PM

i used to throw my bike all the time when i tried tricks for ages and didnt land them, but after continuously bending bars from it i've stopped now.

|

3/5/2021 5:15 PM

Bike Thrower sounds like a good band name. Sorta like Bolt Thrower, but more emo.

|

3/5/2021 5:21 PM

Never have been, never will be.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/5/2021 5:23 PM

The only times I have thrown my bike is when I have been hurt, Like needing to go to the hospital hurt. Other times are when a person or I landed a sick trick and I have thrown it out of amazement.

|

3/5/2021 5:23 PM

It’s a scooter kid thing to throw your bike

|

smile

3/5/2021 8:20 PM

I couple times when i was pretty unstable. Once i ghost rode my bike through a floor hole in an old warehouse i was too scared to jump down. Threw the helmet too. It’s all on video, embarrassing, but sometimes people are just going through some shit.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/5/2021 8:20 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

I've never thrown my bike out of anger. Imagine being a grown man and having such poor control over your emotions that you would throw a tantrum like a toddler. I'm embarrassed for people like that.

.pegless. wrote:

Yeah, imagine being passionate, and having emotions......

Serial killers are passionate and emotional. Nothing wrong with either but when they control your behavior to where you're controlled negatively by your feelings or passion is where you draw the line between reasonable and harmful. I feel.yelling at a person makes more.sense because at least they can reason with you. Yelling at inanimate objects does look kind of irrational tho as it never seems to fix the problem.

|

3/5/2021 9:27 PM

The last time (and only time) I threw my bike as an adult was maybe two years ago. I looped out and landed directly on my back with the bike on top of me...so I threw the bike off of me. But I didn’t just throw it off, I tantrumed it off of me. As soon as the bike had left my fingers I felt more embarrassed for tossing it than I did for landing on my ass. It was late at night at a shipping dock, so I was alone, but I felt like a real asshole that I lost my cool.

|

3/5/2021 11:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2021 11:44 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

I've never thrown my bike out of anger. Imagine being a grown man and having such poor control over your emotions that you would throw a tantrum like a toddler. I'm embarrassed for people like that.

.pegless. wrote:

Yeah, imagine being passionate, and having emotions......

Sean_Goff wrote:

Serial killers are passionate and emotional. Nothing wrong with either but when they control your behavior to where you're controlled negatively by your feelings or passion is where you draw the line between reasonable and harmful. I feel.yelling at a person makes more.sense because at least they can reason with you. Yelling at inanimate objects does look kind of irrational tho as it never seems to fix the problem.

Serial killers don't kill people out of anger. They're usually either psychopaths or sociopaths. They're not very in touch with normal human emotions at all. I'd rather yell at or throw an inanimate object than hurt a person.

I'm so glad a lot of you don't and never had to deal with any kind of mental health issue. But do not look down on people because they're dealing with some shit and react differently to you.

Most people use their hobby as a way of letting off steam. There's even places you can pay to smash stuff up to let out your frustrations. So it's a perfectly normal human tendency.

It's not like bike throwers completely smash the shit out of their bike until it's destroyed (usually. But I've seen it happen). They get pissed off, chuck their bike, then get back on it and try again.

|