Bike for my HUGE friend

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2017 3:37 PM

My buddy Durham Local is getting back into BMX, in a big way. He's 6'5'' 240lbs. Back in the day he had a Volume Dinosaur 21'' TT. We're currently on the hunt for his new rig.

I think he needs a 21.5 tt. Thoughts? He always wants a longer back end. Price is a problem for him, he's looking to keep it cheap, i.e. under $600. A complete would be ideal, but buying a big frame and building custom is an option.

Anybody have any complete BMX or frame recommendations? I was thinking something along the lines of a Mutiny Vilij...

THANKS!

|

9/3/2017 3:50 PM

Any frame aimed at trails will be good, like the villij, or deathgrip. Other than them I can only think of the more expensive frames off the top of my head. The new credence black magic looks freakin beautiful. And T1 are taking pre orders for this year's Barcode

|

9/3/2017 3:52 PM

Find out whatever Big Boy rides. He's about the same size. I don't think you'll find a 20" complete with a TT longer than 21. Maybe but most of the completes with bigger TT's are 24's or 22's. I saw some 21.5 Frames on Source today. I think one of them even had a 14" ass end. Check the Frames section, then deals. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of 21.5 frames for under 250 Canadian so, what is that, like 50 bucks US dollars? smile

Here's a link. That United frame at the top left is cheap and big:

Source Cheap Frames

|

9/3/2017 4:25 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Find out whatever Big Boy rides. He's about the same size. I don't think you'll find a 20" complete with a TT longer than 21. ...more

doesn't Big Boy ride a Cult of some kind?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/3/2017 4:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 4:37 PM

S and m tallboy..... United caveman...... BSD safari.... The make crew frame....

|