Bike frame geometry help

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2013 6:11 PM

Hello my names cooper I'm new here.

Anyway I have a question on bike frame geometry specifically abut the fit wifi/Sunday broadcaster frame. From what I have read the short rear end makes spinning tricks easier and tthe steep head tube angle makes it more responsive. I also read that since they have short rear ends and steeper head tubes the frame will feel I guess you can say "smaller"? What I mean is that a 21' top tube will feel like a 20.75' tt (that's what I read at least). I like having some room on the frame so if what I read was true a 21.25 will feel like a 21'?? I'm unsure on it so can someone clarify please? It would be appreciated smile

|

11/24/2013 6:18 PM

To me, more responsive frames don't feel "smaller" apart from maybe fly tierras and i think thats due to the offset seat tube. Short Cs= spin faster and pop into manuals easier but its harder to balance and not as stable, steeper ht angle makes nose tricks easier where as 74 ht is better for trails because its more stable. If it feels smaller you're still going to have the room but it responds like a shorter frame would.

|

11/24/2013 6:27 PM

So that short rear end and steeper head tube thing isn't true. Okay so I would be fine riding a 21' (since I normally ride that)? Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it smile

|

11/24/2013 6:28 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

So that short rear end and steeper head tube thing isn't true. Okay so I would be fine riding a 21' (since I normally ride that)? Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it smile

To my experience no, the frame doesn't FEEL any shorter as in leg room, but will respond faster like you were riding a shorter frame. No problem man.

|

11/24/2013 6:38 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

To my experience no, the frame doesn't FEEL any shorter as in leg room, but will respond faster like you were riding a shorter frame. No problem man.

Alright cool smile

|