Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2019 11:48 AM

Hi! First time posting here. So my frame, bars, stem and forks specs are:
frame: 21.25" tt, headtube angle - 75.5°, bb height - 11.7";
bars: 9.75" rise;
stem: 48mm reach, 36mm rise;
forks: 26mm offset.

When I had 9" bars with the same frame, stem and forks it was actually pretty easy to lift up rear-end and get into the balance point (I can't nose manual tho but with 9" bars I was able to nose 2-3m and feel the balace point) and it was easy to push down the bars and jump over them. Now with 9.75" it's more comfortable for me to ride but the nose manuals are now 'impossible'. When I try to lift up the rear-end it almost instantly falls back (can't even get to the balance point) & pushing bars down and jumping over them is like impossible as well; looks like they are very close to the ground and my body is in that position where I physically can't push them down below me (safely)... It's pretty hard to explain xd. So what should I do? Get forks with smaller offset or stem with reach 50-52mm or something else? smile

|

4/7/2019 12:14 PM

Keep trying... You have to change the muscle memory to the new setup.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/7/2019 5:13 PM

Your setup is already gucci for nose manuals (not that I can do them anything longer than 2 parking spots), the bigger bars should give you even more leverage. Practice boyo

|

4/8/2019 2:29 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Keep trying... You have to change the muscle memory to the new setup.

Thanks for the reply! Actually it really could be the muscle memory thing :o (didnt even think about that smile ) and i wish it is :D. Gonna try more then ^^. Thanks again!

|

4/8/2019 2:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2019 2:45 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Your setup is already gucci for nose manuals (not that I can do them anything longer than 2 parking spots), the bigger bars should give you even more leverage. Practice boyo

Thanks for replying! I thought the same about more leverage that bigger bars should give, that's why Im concerned! But as @p1p1092 said, it might be muscle memory so imma practise more as You said as well and maybe later inform yall =).

|

4/8/2019 2:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2019 2:46 AM

Btw, would stem with 50-52mm reach make any difference over stem with 48mm reach? Just curious.

|

4/9/2019 8:26 AM

vladdyboy wrote:

Btw, would stem with 50-52mm reach make any difference over stem with 48mm reach? Just curious.

It does. But dont stress it too much. Start learning on the one you have and when you get better at them, try a different stem to see what you like.
Because no matter what anyone reccommends, you may actually prefer the opposite and unless you try it, you'll never really know.

|

4/9/2019 10:16 AM

Don't get caught up with numbers. While geometry is indeed important, it's not the determining factor for doing tricks.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/9/2019 12:34 PM

Front brakes help

|

It’s all bmx

4/9/2019 8:34 PM

What ‘readybmxer’ said is very true. Geometry is for comfort, not necessarily to do one trick or another. My bikes geo is pretty outdated, but it doesnt hold me back from anything. Buying parts to “make things easier” quickly turns into a black hole and empty wallet. Technique > All

|