Bike making loud TINK noises depreciation thead!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/22/2014 7:48 PM

Earlier I was trying tailwhips out of a quarter, flyout not air whips, and the one I did I landed really weird cause I went too high by accident, landed and heard a loud TINK.. like the sound that your handlebars make when you land nose heavy and they move. It sounded bad..

Inspected my bike, nothing broken/cracked from what I can see, bars didn't shift, no broken spokes or chain links, headset spins fine, pedals aren't busted and sprocket didn't crumble.. So I have/still have no idea what the fuck that noise was.

Anyone ever have this happen? Post about it here, it's such an uneasy feeling knowing it made that bad a noise but nothing appears to be damaged. Rode it afterwards & it felt fine too so idk haha.

|

3/22/2014 7:51 PM

my bike did that last sunday when i did a half cab and landed nose heavy. it freaked me out but i still have no idea what made that sound and everything was fine when i checked

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

3/22/2014 8:06 PM

Happened with my cranks/ rear wheel once after clipping a jump, have no idea what it was but it stopped so i guess it was nothing serious

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/22/2014 8:11 PM

chain hitting frame?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

3/22/2014 8:16 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

chain hitting frame?

I really doubt it, my chain's not that loose.

Upon further inspection, I found I cracked & almost split the front bumper to my seat in half haha but that's not that big of a part to make that loud a noise. Oh well.

|

3/22/2014 8:44 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

chain hitting frame?

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I really doubt it, my chain's not that loose.

Upon further inspection, I found I cracked & almost split the front bumper to my seat in half haha but that's not that big of a part to make that loud a noise. Oh well.

Spokes dude. Wheel flex, etc. happens no matter what, trust me. I HATE it. Supposedly 48 spoked wheels dont do that. And 5 cross tend not to, but it sure does piss me off. Lol i have strange squeaks when i pedal, bc of my chain. I bought chain lube and it only works for a little bit. I am trying 3 in 1 oil bc that makes it stop usually haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/23/2014 9:06 AM

Spoke flex/loosening probably.

Or your bars creaked a tiny bit.

Check over all welds, check out spoke tension too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/23/2014 9:55 AM

Happened to my front wheel in a pretty big 360.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/23/2014 12:30 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Spoke flex/loosening probably.

Or your bars creaked a tiny bit.

Check over all welds, check out spoke tension too.

Checked over all welds, nearly shit myself a few times cause dirt was lining the welds of my cranks & frame in a few places haha. I'm gonna go with my spokes cause a few of them were fairly loose when I checked it over earlier

|

3/23/2014 4:04 PM

Headset/BB?

|

3/23/2014 6:04 PM

check all frame welds. Thats the sound mine made when i cracked it

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

3/23/2014 6:22 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

check all frame welds. Thats the sound mine made when i cracked it

Already did that, @BNC doubt it was the BB, but I popped open my headset & the bottom bearing was a bit crunchy for only being a few months old.. Don't know if that would have caused it but I threw some fresh grease in there after cleaning it up anyway.

|

3/23/2014 6:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/23/2014 7:00 PM

Have had this happen and so have friends, Headset bearing cracked, or a hub body/ driver bearing.

Just seen the post above.

|

3/23/2014 7:22 PM

i used to have this problem… i just tightened up my headset/fork bolt and the noise went away for ever

|

Some times I wonder...Is Jesus black?

3/24/2014 4:53 AM

Happened yesterday when I carved into a hop 3 too much and over rotate a bit

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/24/2014 6:42 AM

happens to me all the time because I have a broken driver on my hub . its most likely just the hub skipping I think

|

3/24/2014 6:44 AM

Probably something to do with the front spokes

|

3/24/2014 10:47 AM

Check front wheel bearings and spokes. That happened to me as well, but still rides fine.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417