Bike opinion?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2016 9:53 PM

Found this bike on craigslist. Does this look worth it? I was going to drop 400 on a complete on sale but I think I might want to get this to save money for now and I'll upgrade as I go.

BIKE

|

5/2/2016 10:21 PM

Sounds like a good idea. The frame's not full chromoly, but most of it is. Probably better than a complete for 400 (I'm in the UK though, so haven't got a clue what you can get for $400)

|

5/2/2016 10:26 PM

are you sure that it's not full chromoly?

|

5/2/2016 10:29 PM

it says 5 tube chromo so what wouldn't be chromoly on the frame?

|

5/2/2016 10:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2016 10:41 PM

JamesT wrote:

it says 5 tube chromo so what wouldn't be chromoly on the frame?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a frame has 6 "tubes" that makes a frame a frame. Headtube, toptube, bottom tube, seat tube, and the two in the rear that make up the chainstay. My best guess if the frame isn't FULL chromoly, it's the headtube. Maybe it's Hi-Ten Steel. But I'm not entirely sure.

As for bike options, you'll probably looking at a bit over $400.00 for a good solid complete bike. I'd say the bike you found is not bad of a deal considering the state the bike's in now. Maybe worth looking at a few completes, though. Sometimes spending the extra $50 or $75 bucks is totally worth the improved parts on the bike in terms of a complete bike.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn