Bike storage Poll!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2021 7:27 PM

I wake up in a sweat thinking I left my bike outside my apartment almost every night. I even had a dream someone was stealing my bike outside my apartment and I could only run in slow motion which was weird. I have had my bike stolen a few times now so it’s probably psychiatric instinct... Anyway, poll time!

I leave my bike

View Results

|

My mom thinks I’m special

4/4/2021 8:09 PM

I live in a pretty freakin safe area so in the warmer months when I’m lazy my bike stays in my car, unless I need to work on it

|

4/4/2021 8:10 PM

Thought about the trunk of the car, but the thought of the car being stolen, so no. If I had a garage to park it, yeah sure.

|

REF: HELLOMYNAMEISRAD, CKY99, skribblez32

4/4/2021 8:51 PM

In my car, living room, or garage... Never alone outside...

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

4/4/2021 11:21 PM

In my bedroom or hallway

|

4/4/2021 11:22 PM

Garage

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

4/5/2021 2:42 AM

My BMX currently resides in the kitchen.

The other 15 bikes in the family are liberally sprinkled through the house and sheds.

n+1 is not a finite number...

|

4/5/2021 3:26 AM

My bikes are in the garage

|

It’s all bmx

4/5/2021 4:32 AM

Mine are in the basement.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/5/2021 4:37 AM

If Dave ever invites you to his basement to “check out his bikes”, do NOT follow him down there.

|

4/5/2021 4:40 AM

usually garage, this past winter, in the unfinished side of my basement

|

4/5/2021 9:07 AM

If I leave my bike in my car over night, I use a cable and lock, wrapped around the frame of the car seat. and the bike frame..

and try to throw a blanket or something over it.

inside the house I lock my bikes together with a cable / chain, if I'm going to be going away for some time.

I FUCKING HATE THIEVES.

The few minutes it takes me to lock / unlock is well worth the piece of mind.

|

4/5/2021 12:28 PM

In the garage safe n sound 👌

|

Style matters

4/5/2021 1:49 PM

Spare bedroom.

|

4/5/2021 2:08 PM

I live in a tiny studio with another person, the bike is right behind the front door, it's a pain to get it in and out of that spot because other shit is stacked around it but it's safe and sound.

When my BMX was my main transportation I used to have nightmares about leaving it on the train or on a bus. And here in L.A, your bike can disappear before your eyes if you're not careful.

You got Thugged out street people, Homeless people and crack heads alike riding little kids bmx with Bars chicago'd out, they don't give a shit as long as it gets them where their going or they can sell it for $100.

|

4/5/2021 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2021 8:25 PM

40plusscooterkid wrote:

My BMX currently resides in the kitchen.

The other 15 bikes in the family are liberally sprinkled through the house and ...more

LMAO! In the rare occurrence I’m traveling and leaving my bike at home for more than a week, I think I will start to hide the individual parts scattered around the flat now. Better than chained to the fridge lol

|

My mom thinks I’m special

4/5/2021 11:54 PM

I've had tubes pop from the heat when I've left my bike in the car on a hot summer day. So I really avoid that. If I do leave it in the car for a few hours I cover it with an old blanket.

At home bike is in an old school standalone brick garage with no windows. I'm fairly ok with that. Inside is always safer though. If it was a shared apartment basement garage, no way those things are theft central.

I live in a "bad" part of town near public housing but ironically it's actually ok as theives tend not to shit where they eat and instead go get easy pickings from rich suburbs (where high end mountain and road bike theft is a growth industry)

|

4/6/2021 4:25 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

If Dave ever invites you to his basement to “check out his bikes”, do NOT follow him down there.

I don't invite people over, especially not for that. So you have no worries there.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2021 4:26 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I don't invite people over, especially not for that. So you have no worries there.

Not even Krooked?

|

4/6/2021 10:42 AM

Photo

I keep mine in the toilet. Any one brave enough to go in there and try and take my Kizz after one of my banging shits deserves it.
|

Gravity always wins.

4/6/2021 11:26 AM

I store mine inside the garage but if i'm coming back from riding street I'll just leave the bike in the car for a few days. I have tinted windows which helps deter deadbeats seeing what's inside. Also if they try to break into my car i have a nice alarm.

|

4/6/2021 12:34 PM

My bike lives in the dining room. However, I leave my front wheel in my trunk. I keep meaning to put on my bike rack but I've been lazy.

|

4/6/2021 1:32 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

Not even Krooked?

Not even Krooked.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura