Bike trouble

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2013 3:49 PM

ok well im about to flip out.. i put a new chain on cuz my chain was making a noise and i was worried it might snap... well i went ahead and got it on and took two pedals and it snapped... i replaced the link took EXACTLY two more pedals and it snapped again. my alignment is fine and as close as it can go to being aligned... i took my hub apart and its fine.. i took my cranks apart and its fine.. i have no clue what else it could be because i even tried the original chain and it still makes the noise.. it almost like its off line and as u pedal around it trys to ride itself off of it but instead of just popping off it snaps... idk what to do

Symptoms: noise
chain snaps after 2 pedals
as you pedal around while not standing on it it experiences tension in the same two spots.
and if the chains loose it will pop off of the driver but not all the way off the whole chain just kind of "jumps"

sorry for the wierd explanation...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/28/2013 5:14 PM

Bent sprocket?
Not actually aligned chainwheel?
Bent frame?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/28/2013 6:41 PM

sprocket is straight and in line and frame is straight... idk what to do.. i guess im gonna put the chain back on and try again. i might also just need a new chain since ive broken and re broken and fiddled with this one so much...

|

Deviant BMX store

8/28/2013 6:45 PM

Loosen your chain a bit and see.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/28/2013 6:49 PM

i tried that... didnt help at all sad

|

Deviant BMX store

8/28/2013 9:32 PM

have you tried putting back on your old chain and trying it out the new one you bought might be faulty did you buy it used?

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/28/2013 10:58 PM

check for broken teeth on your sprocket/driver

|

8/29/2013 10:31 AM

did you check the link pins to make sure they are not binded somewhere? Sometimes you have to wiggle (side to side) the newly seated pins on a single link to make sure they're seated properly & not creating a link that doesn't want to conform to the curvature of the driver/sprocket

|

United0Cult0

8/29/2013 2:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I have a feeling you're not doing using the chainbreaker the proper way.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

8/29/2013 2:38 PM

Sprocket is bent or has a defect , or take apart your drivetrain and build it back properly

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/29/2013 7:32 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

andyferly wrote:

I have a feeling you're not doing using the chainbreaker the proper way.

explain how to use it properly.. it pretty much self explanatory... unless the pin got bent a little

|

Deviant BMX store

8/29/2013 7:34 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

explain how to use it properly.. it pretty much self explanatory... unless the pin got bent a little

did your chain break at the link you broke it at to cut the chain to size?

cause if it did, you might have done something wrong, like the pin in the chain might have been pushed too far to one side.

Also is it a full or half link?

|

8/29/2013 8:16 PM

full link i dont think it did.. i cant really tell which one i had cut... im thinking i might just take it in for a tune up or something.... i hate messing with the chain since if it snaps u smack ur knee and that hurts like hell and there is no way to test it without fully comitting... but first ill get a new chain and cut it and then mark it with sharpie or something so i can see where it snaps... i had to cut and redo this chain so many times because of lengths and switching links and stuff out.. i had measured it wrong and cut it too short at first.. so that might be why

|

Deviant BMX store

8/29/2013 8:22 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Yeah, it is self-explanatory... but, with that said:

at least make sure that the holes that the newly pressed pins are pushing through are flush with the rest of the link metal faceplate. A common thing to see is the pin didn't drive in to the backside link plate perfectly, so it pushes the the link plate slightly out from the rest of the link directly around the chain pin. It'll appear like a reverse divot. There should be zero curve to link plate directly around the hole that the pin seats in to.

Your chain break will be driving on the outside of the chain, check for the curved plate (around the hole) on the side of the chain that faces wheel.

|

United0Cult0

8/29/2013 8:24 PM

what kind of chain is it?

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149