Bike was stolen...

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2013 9:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2013 10:43 AM

It was stolen today Friday, April 19th, 2013 at the Big Lots at Fairhaven and Grand/Glassell, Santa Ana, California around 5:10pm. I'm trying to give out as much information as possible in case anything helps. UPDATE: I actually found the guy on Craigslist and I tried meeting up with him and calling the cops, but he got spooked and bailed on me last minute saying "Oh, someone just checked it out and bought it.". Sounds, like bullshit to me, but anyways if you live in the Santa Ana/Orange County, CA area than lookout for it. I tried meeting up with him at 17th Street and Bristol, right by Santa Ana Community College, which is only a few miles from where my bike was stolen so I'm pretty sure he lives in that area. Also, I filed a police report and they are working on the case, but I'm just trying to spread the word as much as possible.

This is what the bike looks like now, this image was taken from the Craigslist post. He took off the stickers and the pegs. DO NOT try to contact him.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

REACH ME

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/dylan.thompson.71
INSTAGRAM: @cellblockd
TEXT/CALL: 714-315-6427

cult bad boy frame
cult bars
s&m challenger stem
odi grips/bar ends
cult dehart tires, tan walls
raw/chrome hubs, primo n4 front, proper back
demolition zero rims
kink sexton seat
four pegs
shadow chain
fit bike co cranks
raw seatpost
cult pedals
fit sprocket

|

4/21/2013 9:56 AM

Damn man, shit sucks, you have one hell of a dialed setup there.
Hope you get it back!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/21/2013 9:57 AM

youll find it. people around that area are dumb . i had like 3 friends whoa bikes were all stolen at a school and they went to tustin and they saw the kids eating at starbucks with their bikes outside. and another time a kid who stole a bike rode the bike to school. ans ANOTHER time . he stole it ans put some paets on his bike and posted it on fb

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/21/2013 10:25 AM

dream wrote:

youll find it. people around that area are dumb . i had like 3 friends whoa bikes were all stolen at a school and they went to tustin and they saw the kids eating at starbucks with their bikes outside. and another time a kid who stole a bike rode the bike to school. ans ANOTHER time . he stole it ans put some paets on his bike and posted it on fb

jeez pepole are dumb lol i have a piece of paper inside of my toptube near my head tube with my name on it and a bunch of info about me so if any 1 steals it and cops come and want proof that its mine we will pull the forks off .

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/21/2013 10:30 AM

WallmartBMX wrote:

jeez pepole are dumb lol i have a piece of paper inside of my toptube near my head tube with my name on it and a bunch of info about me so if any 1 steals it and cops come and want proof that its mine we will pull the forks off .

that's a pretty badass idea haha, i have a shit ton of pictures, and video footage of me on the bike, and it clearly shows all the stickers and everything (which were made by me lol, so he can't explain that one), i just hope thats enough proof cause i dont have the serial number or anything...but im definitlely going to do that when i get my bike back, and write down the serial of course

|

4/21/2013 10:36 AM

dream wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

My friend had a paper in his seat tube with info and stuff.

|

4/21/2013 11:31 AM

andyferly wrote:

i might do this, thats a good idea imo

|

Bruh

4/21/2013 11:34 AM

That is actually a great Idea, im gunna do that with my new bike!

|

4/21/2013 11:41 AM

I actually wanna try putting a GPS tracker into a frame, not sure if it's possible.
The issues I see with it are reception, dimension of the tracker and if the thing breaks while riding.

|

4/21/2013 11:57 AM

andyferly wrote:

I actually wanna try putting a GPS tracker into a frame, not sure if it's possible.
The issues I see with it are reception, dimension of the tracker and if the thing breaks while riding.

yeah thats what i want to do put that would cost alot of $$$

|

Save a tree

4/21/2013 11:59 AM

andyferly wrote:

i wouldnt do it in the seat tube because any 1 can figure out how tho undo a allen bolt to pull a seat off. but not alot of pepole can remove a pair of forks

|

Save a tree

4/21/2013 12:02 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

andyferly wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

i wouldnt do it in the seat tube because any 1 can figure out how tho undo a allen bolt to pull a seat off. but not alot of pepole can remove a pair of forks

If you really want to fuck with them, you could put the GPS device in the downtube whole that you can access removing the BB.
The thing has to be super tiny and somehow attached to the bike, I would hate something rattle around in the tubing.

|

4/21/2013 12:16 PM

Shit, if you see him go and knock him out for your bike back and one for good measure

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/21/2013 2:26 PM

andyferly wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

andyferly wrote:

If you really want to fuck with them, you could put the GPS device in the downtube whole that you can access removing the BB.
The thing has to be super tiny and somehow attached to the bike, I would hate something rattle around in the tubing.

u could tape it down thats what i did with the paper

|

Save a tree

4/21/2013 2:35 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

andyferly wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

I have a feeling you would need shit tons of duct tape to fix it on properly.
But yeah, does anyone know any GPS tracker that work with iPhones or macs?

|

4/22/2013 6:07 AM

andyferly wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

andyferly wrote:

I have a feeling you would need shit tons of duct tape to fix it on properly.
But yeah, does anyone know any GPS tracker that work with iPhones or macs?

This is a Bike GPS Tracker.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/22/2013 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2013 11:02 AM

wow that thing looks awesome, i was hoping it would be under a $100 though, but i guess thats actually a good investment

|

4/22/2013 3:20 PM

sucks bro. im so paranoid I never ride my bike anywhere if I have to leave it unattended or locked out in public

|

4/22/2013 9:06 PM

dream wrote:

I have 2 stories similar to that.

2 bikes got stolen from my school, mine and 3 others were on the same rack. Guess we got lucky. Not even a week later, I'm riding around with one of the kids whose bike got stolen on a spare bike and we see this kid we never saw around before on a bike and it was spray painted. We think "Yeah this kid has one of the bikes definitely." I'm also thinking "Great, I'm gonna have to help fight this idiot." we went up to him and I said that's my friends shit. He's like uhh and goes "no it's not" my friend's like "The fuck it's not, NO ONE in this town has that wheel set besides me and all the other parts are mine too, look I'll name them all." and he did, and the kid's just like "oh uh.. my b dawg here." I was hoping the kid would get punched in the face at least, but my friend was naive and just took it. No harm, no foul I guess.

Fucking like 2 days later I'm out again with my friend who just got his bike back and we see the same kid again on a bike, go up to him. OH LOOK, IT'S THE OTHER BIKE THAT GOT STOLEN. I'm thinking "Pleaseeee hit this kid in the fucking face!" but he goes "nahh man I got this from Mike in Westminster" my friend buys it and I'm like "For fucks sake.." but we got that bike back.

Also another time one of my other friend's bike got stolen and the next day, this idiot comes out riding half the parts. I rode with that friend ALL the time so I knew EXACTLY what his hub sounded like. Only kid with a Shadow Rant v2 in town at the time besides me, which is how I noticed all the parts. I fucked that kid over so bad by saying like "hey man if you get me the rest of the parts and tell me who has the rest, I'll make sure no charges are pressed." he agreed and we got all the shit back besides the compression cap.

a week or so later, the one kid messaged me on myspace asking why he got juvenile detention papers in the mail for it. he was so confused and wondered why cause he thought no charges were being pressed. I replied "Lolololol yeah I lied. Sucks to be you." some kids are seriously dumb as shit.

Sorry to type out a book, just sharing my experiences and maybe give you some hope, OP, that you'll get it back! Hopefully you do anyway! Just check local & surrounding area cragislists often

|

4/22/2013 9:08 PM

thats hilarious^,

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm