Bikes and Stripping.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2014 5:49 PM

Well my freaking crank spindle stripped out. AND my bolts broke. So i need new cranks. And honestly, out of all my problems with bikes, things STRIPPING OUT is the main problem. I have had axles mess up, stems, and all other things. Does anyone else struggle with stripping out threads?

I am gonna get new cranks. If Dolphin texts me, i can get his Subrosa Bitchin' Cranks (any info on these is appreciated, i have checked a few reviews and they seem great).

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/12/2014 5:52 PM

Text Walker. He called me and said you may be able to borrow bolts or something. Just text him.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

6/12/2014 5:52 PM

There Awesome Cranks Super Strong. Hmuch He Charging

|

BmxSavage

Refs:Mike-E -Profile minis, 7ka , and seatpost

Instagram:Issabikelife
YouTube:Bmxcheerios

6/12/2014 5:59 PM

I used to have a problem with my stuff stripping. Now I'm good though. the only thing sort of stripped are my crank bolts and they're really not that bad. I may replace them once I get the extra money though!

Chaz used to strip EVERYTHING! Lol remember that?

|

YouTube

6/12/2014 6:04 PM

Usually you will only strip something if the tool isn't the right size or you aren't putting the wrench or allen key all the way in snug.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

6/12/2014 6:05 PM

Step 1. Use the right size tool
Step 2. Use the right sized bolt/nut
Step 3. Use grease
Step 4. If it doesn't feel like it will thread in anymore, QUIT FUCKING TIGHTENING IT.

Use your head and shit wont strip.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/12/2014 6:16 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Step 3. Use grease
Step 4. If it doesn't feel like it ...more

Alright, i wanna be 100% clear here. I DO ALWAYS USE THE RIGHT TOOL
I USE THE RIGHT SIZED EVERYTHING
I USE A LOT OF GREASE
it honestly just happens and i havent got a clue why. Ask Stocksy, he knows i always use the right tools, etc. I just have some awful luck.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/12/2014 6:21 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I USE A LOT OF GREASE
it ...more

Threads dont strip themselves. You did something wrong.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/12/2014 6:37 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Step 3. Use grease

MaximusBikes wrote:

I USE A LOT OF GREASE
it ...more

In Max's defense, I have never seen him use the wrong too. I have seem him do some pretty crazy things but he always uses the right tool. And we once used Vick's Vapor rub when he forgot his petroleum jelly! XD

|

YouTube

6/12/2014 7:18 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Step 3. Use grease

MaximusBikes wrote:

I USE A LOT OF GREASE
it ...more

Stocksy wrote:

In Max's defense, I have never seen him use the wrong too. I have seem him do some pretty crazy things but he always uses the ...more

Its just petroleum jelly with a scent in it that makes your sinuses open up. haha now when we tighten your spokes i can breath well.

|

6/12/2014 7:28 PM

Came to thread with high expectations, was very disappointed, 0/10 thread

|

6/12/2014 7:28 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Its just petroleum jelly with a scent in it that makes your sinuses open up. haha now when we tighten your spokes i can breath ...more

True. Speaking of that, we should get to that. They aren't bad at the moment but I want to tend to them before they are bad because I don't have a spoke wrench.

|

YouTube

6/12/2014 7:35 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Came to thread with high expectations, was very disappointed, 0/10 thread

Vital doesnt allow the good kind of stripping haha go to bone deth's website lol

|

6/12/2014 7:36 PM

Stocksy wrote:

In Max's defense, I have never seen him use the wrong too. I have seem him do some pretty crazy things but he always uses the ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Its just petroleum jelly with a scent in it that makes your sinuses open up. haha now when we tighten your spokes i can breath ...more

Stocksy wrote:

True. Speaking of that, we should get to that. They aren't bad at the moment but I want to tend to them before they are bad ...more

Come to Bethany dude and i'll gladly tighten your spokes haha

|

6/13/2014 8:43 AM

I used to, I learned not everything needs to be cranked so hard it basically welds it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/16/2014 9:23 AM

Use locktite

|

wallride a bus everyday