Birectional hub

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2011 6:45 PM

i need a new hub and i wanna get a birectional hub so that once i get enough money for lhd cranks later, i can switch my drive train to the left.

what are some good birectional hubs? im leaning toward the eastern birectional becasue its only $85 and i dont have a lot of money right now. of course theres also the g-sport ratchet but its $155. i have the money but im really not trying to spend it all on a hub unless there is no other decent option

|

3/8/2011 6:47 PM

I'd save your cash and get a Ratchet if you NEED something birectional. If you don't, there's always hubs like a Mix that come LHD and are just cheap in general, so you can buy everything LHD at once.

|

3/8/2011 6:49 PM

so if i was to buy everything lhd at once, what would be a good and inexpensive lhd hub?

|

3/8/2011 6:50 PM

erik29 wrote:

so if i was to buy everything lhd at once, what would be a good and inexpensive lhd hub?

the bidirectional

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/8/2011 6:52 PM

erik29 wrote:

I'd definitely get a Mix, never heard any huge complaints about it besides how it looks. Ratchet definitely isn't bad either though. I was just never too fond of Eastern cassettes is all.

|

3/8/2011 6:54 PM

erik29 wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

I'd definitely get a Mix, never heard any huge complaints about it besides how it looks. Ratchet definitely isn't bad either though. I was just never too fond of Eastern cassettes is all.

its actually a pretty good hub, i know multiple people who have had one for a long time and my friend javier's finally called it quits after 4 years.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/8/2011 6:55 PM

Eclat

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/8/2011 6:57 PM

erik29 wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

its actually a pretty good hub, i know multiple people who have had one for a long time and my friend javier's finally called it quits after 4 years.

hmmm thats good to know. it seems like they gave it a small revamp recently also. the price went up $10 too i think. and the mix is pretty ugly, but if it does the job well then who cares haha

|

3/8/2011 6:58 PM

i have a birectional. they're nice. i would just go with a mix or a ratchet, leaning toward a ratchet cuz they're indestructible.

|

I ride Eastern!
Eastern-Shadow-Cult-Kink-Odyssey-Primo-Snafu-Tioga-Kmc-Nitrous-Hoffmann-Fsa-Stolen
^ My bike's brands!
Grant Giesey: Eastern Tramp Frame, Gyro, Occasionally 4 pegs, 20.5lbs without pegs
refs: Bstick X2, ScramHype, future FBM, BEATASSDICKwink

3/8/2011 7:00 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Eclat

this.

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

3/8/2011 7:01 PM

the eastern bi-rectional is kinda not that bad i had mine for about 2 years and no problems except i had to get the one of the driver barrens replaced after like a year and a half and thats about it and i do some crazy stuff and ride everywere sometimes 20 miles aday or about 30 who knows and i still have it on my bike

|

PSN - XsiLaRatE
Bike Check smile

3/8/2011 7:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2011 7:02 PM

Easternbiker93 wrote:

Eclat

such a good hub, 170+ makes it too spensive for this little guy.

|

Bike check?

3/8/2011 7:02 PM

erik29 wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

Huh. Isn't it semi-sealed or something like that though? Not trying to bash on it or anything...

|

3/8/2011 7:03 PM

Kenealy wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Huh. Isn't it semi-sealed or something like that though? Not trying to bash on it or anything...

you're thinking of the stolen hubs

|

Bike check?

3/8/2011 7:05 PM

Kenealy wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

I remember mine that came on my Eastern Element claimed to be a birectional but the driver bearings were unsealed.

@Cupovjoe: I have the Teck, other than the birectional there aren't any differences? I'm not sure.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/8/2011 7:11 PM

if it matters, I take 0 phone calls or e-mails about problems with these hubs

|

twitter

PROBZ

3/8/2011 7:25 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

lol wut.

|

3/8/2011 7:27 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

erik29 wrote:

lol wut.

He works at Eastern.

|

3/8/2011 7:27 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

erik29 wrote:

lol wut.

he works in the eastern warranty dep.

|

Bike check?

3/8/2011 8:00 PM

BJ Tomczik wrote:

erik29 wrote:

lol wut.

cupovjoe wrote:

he works in the eastern warranty dep.

good to know. i'll take that into account

|

3/8/2011 8:02 PM

Buy once and never again: Ratchet.

|

3/8/2011 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2011 8:03 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

Kenealy wrote:

Easternbiker93 wrote:

I remember mine that came on my Eastern Element claimed to be a birectional but the driver bearings were unsealed.

@Cupovjoe: I have the Teck, other than the birectional there aren't any differences? I'm not sure.

teck you flip the outer ring, bidirectional you flip just the pawls.

|

Bike check?

3/8/2011 8:42 PM

the birectional is good for the money. I have it and dont' have any problems except for it skipping once or twice a day but I think you can fix that. If you can though by all means get the ratchet.

|

3/8/2011 9:11 PM

if you cant come up with anymore money then get the eastern its acutally a pretty good hub for the price

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/8/2011 9:21 PM

Get the Eastern, it's great for the price. I've had mine for over a year and no problems at all. Actually the only probably I have is people giving me shit because I have a Eastern hub, but fuck em lol.

|

3/8/2011 9:25 PM

I am currently replacing my eastern birectional hub after having it for under a year
Get a good hub and invest in something good don't get it bc it's cheap

My bearings ground to dust btw they are gone

|

sunday fo life fooools!!!!
aint nuthin better!
i am lovin the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/8/2011 9:29 PM

Ratchet
Or the mix

Get a WTP switch that's what I'm getting it's birectional too!!

|

sunday fo life fooools!!!!
aint nuthin better!
i am lovin the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/8/2011 10:25 PM

if your hub skips open it up and do something about it, it doesn't matter what brand of hub you have

|

twitter

PROBZ

3/8/2011 10:35 PM

streetrida'23 wrote:

Ratchet
Or the mix

Get a WTP switch that's what I'm getting it's birectional too!!

i was just looking at the wtp switch too. where can i get em tho? cant find em on dans

|

3/9/2011 12:54 PM

Kenealy wrote:

Easternbiker93 wrote:

cupovjoe wrote:

teck you flip the outer ring, bidirectional you flip just the pawls.

So is the Teck actually switchable?
I thought just the pulse was.

|