Birthday time! What to buy?!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2013 7:54 PM

Well my birthday is this coming monday, right after Father's day, i argue mine is more important to my parents because without me being born, he wouldnt be a father. haha But that never ends well because in the end that becomes more important for some reason and my day goes unnoticed except during the dinner itself. Unimportant, but i should have around 200 to drop on some new shit. I actually changed some stuff up and everything is solid now, but i wanna amp up my ride to have a trustworthy, quality bike, here is my current set up:
Frame: Federal Renegade (slammed)
Bars: Cult Butter
Stem: Ezra Gauntlet
Forks: Amber Hexum (definitely gonna swap em for something else)
Front Wheel: Some Alienation Rim and sealed hub
Rear wheel: Another Alienation Rim, Still have no idea what hub, but it"s nice
Tires: Tan Wall Mike Aitkens 2.25
Cranks: Ezra Geist
Pedals: Eclat Plazas
Chain: KMC with KHE half link
Sprocket: Ezra Equis
Seat: Karl Poynter
Seatclamp: Demolition
Grips: Dugan Grips

I want new forks because that is the main thing that isnt of very good quality, I want some Odyssey's My buddy got some R25s in chrome and they are amazing! so i may get some odyssey forks Maybe Directors even though i find them to be weird, whatcha think? And i want some new tires, Maybe some Demolitions, or Animals, help? haha most of the ezra stuff that i still have is good now, that wheel hated me and im glad it is gone haha, Alright so back to my point, Around 200$ for forks and tires, what do you recommend i guess? or anything else if there is still cash to spare?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/13/2013 8:02 PM

Fuck it. If it works keep riding it, the. Save that cash and replace it as you go.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/13/2013 8:05 PM

future FBM wrote:

Fuck it. If it works keep riding it, the. Save that cash and replace it as you go.

Haha i get what you mean, i just want to have it all set up so that i wont have to worry about shit breaking, i already broke the model up of those forks, so i definitely want those upgraded.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/14/2013 2:06 AM

ride what you got till it breaks brah

if it aint broke, dont fix it... itll help you out alot in the end to follow that

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

6/14/2013 2:58 AM

Get odyssey forks

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/14/2013 4:45 AM

odyssey r25s and fit fafs. something i would like to get if i could sell my stuff

|

6/14/2013 4:47 AM

Get odyssey f25 front brakes fork.

Buy beer, it's great.

|

fack off

6/14/2013 6:33 AM

Buy stuff when it breaks.

|

6/14/2013 7:08 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

ride what you got till it breaks brah

if it aint broke, dont fix it... itll help you out alot in the end to follow that

this, plus you might later decide you don't like the forks you buy. you could end up braking ur wheel and not being able to fix it cause you bought new forks

|

6/14/2013 7:17 AM

Buy new stuff when it breaks. Don't replace it if it isn't broke.

Lol just kidding I'd be such a fucking hypocrite to say that. Get what you want/need the most. I would go for the forks or something.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/14/2013 11:40 AM

Four wrote:

Lol just kidding I'd be such a fucking hypocrite to say that. Get what you want/need the most. I would go for the forks or something.

Yeah haha i just like my ride to be in top condition all the time, that way im not worried itll break in the middle of a session. haha i wanna get odyssey forks probably! idk which yet.

|

6/14/2013 11:41 AM

KaneF15 wrote:

Buy stuff when it breaks.

i dont like waiting for stuff to break because then im not gonna be able to ride haha and if i got the cash then why not do a little upgrading? haha

|

6/14/2013 11:42 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Get odyssey f25 front brakes fork.

Buy beer, it's great.

nah i dont drink, im not old enough, and i honestly thought about it. haha i saw they had em in black and the front breaks would be a fun time haha

|

6/14/2013 4:59 PM

Dude really save your money til shit breaks. I know you want your bike dialed and I'm hypocritic as fuck for saying this. but after dropping over 300 into replacing perfectly good stock forks and cranks. i cracked my frame, stem and bars and had to run them like that for a few months

|

6/14/2013 5:05 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

Dude really save your money til shit breaks. I know you want your bike dialed and I'm hypocritic as fuck for saying this. but after dropping over 300 into replacing perfectly good stock forks and cranks. i cracked my frame, stem and bars and had to run them like that for a few months

well if i had a bike that id be worried about that happening i would save it. haha trust me, i broke one pair of these forks and i learned smiths in a good way and it is inevitable. I have to atleast get forks. Not because i want them, but for security basically.

|

6/14/2013 5:12 PM

get the united dineros there super solid

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

6/14/2013 5:14 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

I thought about it, but are you 1000% sure they could handle some big drops and gaps? haha i love to just straight up drop everything. I have my days where all i wanna do is climb on a roof and drop off the end, what do you ride?

|

6/14/2013 5:31 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

well if i had a bike that id be worried about that happening i would save it. haha trust me, i broke one pair of these forks and i learned smiths in a good way and it is inevitable. I have to atleast get forks. Not because i want them, but for security basically.

Yeah that makes sense, the bike looks sick too. And if you don't really like the forks it makes sense. I like my fit blade 2s and macneil xlt forks so if you wanted good tough forks that you can throw around and not worry about breaking id go with either of them.

|

6/14/2013 6:31 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

Yeah that makes sense, the bike looks sick too. And if you don't really like the forks it makes sense. I like my fit blade 2s and macneil xlt forks so if you wanted good tough forks that you can throw around and not worry about breaking id go with either of them.

Thanks man! I knew the Blades were good, but i always wondered about the macneils!

|

6/14/2013 7:23 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Thanks man! I knew the Blades were good, but i always wondered about the macneils!

Yeah dude the macneils are nice. theyre a bit lighter than the fits, and the dropouts are really thick which is nice if you bend dropouts like i do. I sometimes throw my bike and do decently big drops and do things like 3s and grinds down stair sets a lot. And they're still solid after 7 month's

|

6/14/2013 8:48 PM

sunny.noble wrote:

Yeah dude the macneils are nice. theyre a bit lighter than the fits, and the dropouts are really thick which is nice if you bend dropouts like i do. I sometimes throw my bike and do decently big drops and do things like 3s and grinds down stair sets a lot. And they're still solid after 7 month's

Awesome man thanks! and yeah my lexicons pent and cracked and woulda snapped if i didnt act soon haha. I definitely getting those then, probably chrome or something. Are they not on Dans?

|

6/14/2013 9:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 10:02 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

I thought about it, but are you 1000% sure they could handle some big drops and gaps? haha i love to just straight up drop everything. I have my days where all i wanna do is climb on a roof and drop off the end, what do you ride?

yeah and there super clean to i ride park and some street but i have a street style when i ride park but still go big like i will do a big tuck no air then go crank arm a rail hahaha ya and the top cap is really dope you can fit money in it becayse it goes into ur steer tube there super responsive and im really tecky

also getting the dinero frame lol but thoes invest cast drop outs are amazind i cracked my other forks on the drop outs

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

6/14/2013 10:07 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

yeah and there super clean to i ride park and some street but i have a street style when i ride park but still go big like i will do a big tuck no air then go crank arm a rail hahaha ya and the top cap is really dope you can fit money in it becayse it goes into ur steer tube there super responsive and im really tecky

also getting the dinero frame lol but thoes invest cast drop outs are amazind i cracked my other forks on the drop outs

Thanks dude, sounds like me at most skateparks, ill probably get those!! Now its between these anf the Macneils!

|

6/14/2013 10:53 PM

Forks from animal,fbm,kink,s&m,fly,odyssey,fit,primo,Sunday,united,subrosa,shadow,deco are all gonna be good forks you don't need to worry about. Just buy, ride, nd at worst 75% of those companies above will getchya a new pair

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/15/2013 7:22 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Awesome man thanks! and yeah my lexicons pent and cracked and woulda snapped if i didnt act soon haha. I definitely getting those then, probably chrome or something. Are they not on Dans?

I'm not sure dude i looked on google and i didn't see them on dans. they were on this site with free shipping http://www.acebmx.com/forks-bmx-macneil-forks-c-13_349/macneilk-s-forks-p-2423

|

6/15/2013 11:34 AM

sunny.noble wrote:

I'm not sure dude i looked on google and i didn't see them on dans. they were on this site with free shipping http://www.acebmx.com/forks-bmx-macneil-forks-c-13_349/macneilk-s-forks-p-2423

Okay dude thanks! Idk much about that site or its reliability really, i trust dans tho haha. I may just get odyssey's because they seem to really hold up! haha

|

6/15/2013 11:38 AM

Four wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah haha i just like my ride to be in top condition all the time, that way im not worried itll break in the middle of a session. haha i wanna get odyssey forks probably! idk which yet.

Yeah I just like to get new shit most of the time I get bored easy. The odysseys are probably good, I had a pair of Odyssey forks for a few years and they were solid.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/15/2013 12:19 PM

Four wrote:

Yeah I just like to get new shit most of the time I get bored easy. The odysseys are probably good, I had a pair of Odyssey forks for a few years and they were solid.

Yeah basically i just like my ride to be perfect everytime i ride it! haha If i can get mine to the point where all i would even have to even do is maybe pump the tires up every now and then i will be happy! And good quality forks is all i need to get now to get it to that point! haha

|

6/15/2013 12:43 PM

I honestly don't care what other people think. It's my money, i will buy whatever the fudge i want! (No offense guys!) If i see something new that i want, i will say my pennies & buy it.

Frame: Federal Renegade - Nothing wrong with your frame, so unless its cracked or really beat up keep it!
Bars: Cult Butter - Gooood Bars, i was considering them myself, Keep them.
Stem: Ezra Gauntlet - I would look into replacing the stem, Something along the lines of an Odyssey SXTN or Fit High Top
Forks: Amber Hexum - Odyssey R25/R32 Depending on what offset you want OR say F-It & try a new offset.
Front Wheel: Some Alienation Rim and sealed hub - Odyssey A+ Wheel, Stupidly High Quality Complete Wheel.
Rear wheel: Another Alienation Rim, Still have no idea what hub, but it"s nice - Once again get an Odyssey A+ Complete.
Tires: Tan Wall Mike Aitkens 2.25 - I personally hate these tyres haha. But.. There is nothing wrong with them.
Cranks: Ezra Geist - Look into Odyssey Thunderbolts, I have Twombolts & theyre seriously the best cranks ever!
Pedals: Eclat Plazas - GREAT Pedals, I LOVE the extra wide body!
Chain: KMC with KHE half link - Odyssey Bluebird or Eclat Diesel
Sprocket: Ezra Equis - Odyssey MDS or Fit Key Guard (Guard Sprockets are the best!)
Seat: Karl Poynter - I personally love my Eclat OZ Thick seat, Or look into the Odyssey Principal seats (Similar Base)
Seatclamp: Demolition - I would look into getting something with a replaceable bolt. Odyssey Mr Clampy 2 is good.
Grips: Dugan Grips - I Love Odyssey grips, deffo stick with these.

That's my input for you, take my advise if you so choose smile

|

6/15/2013 4:21 PM

Topsey wrote:

I honestly don't care what other people think. It's my money, i will buy whatever the fudge i want! (No offense guys!) If i see something new that i want, i will say my pennies & buy it.

Frame: Federal Renegade - Nothing wrong with your frame, so unless its cracked or really beat up keep it!
Bars: Cult Butter - Gooood Bars, i was considering them myself, Keep them.
Stem: Ezra Gauntlet - I would look into replacing the stem, Something along the lines of an Odyssey SXTN or Fit High Top
Forks: Amber Hexum - Odyssey R25/R32 Depending on what offset you want OR say F-It & try a new offset.
Front Wheel: Some Alienation Rim and sealed hub - Odyssey A+ Wheel, Stupidly High Quality Complete Wheel.
Rear wheel: Another Alienation Rim, Still have no idea what hub, but it"s nice - Once again get an Odyssey A+ Complete.
Tires: Tan Wall Mike Aitkens 2.25 - I personally hate these tyres haha. But.. There is nothing wrong with them.
Cranks: Ezra Geist - Look into Odyssey Thunderbolts, I have Twombolts & theyre seriously the best cranks ever!
Pedals: Eclat Plazas - GREAT Pedals, I LOVE the extra wide body!
Chain: KMC with KHE half link - Odyssey Bluebird or Eclat Diesel
Sprocket: Ezra Equis - Odyssey MDS or Fit Key Guard (Guard Sprockets are the best!)
Seat: Karl Poynter - I personally love my Eclat OZ Thick seat, Or look into the Odyssey Principal seats (Similar Base)
Seatclamp: Demolition - I would look into getting something with a replaceable bolt. Odyssey Mr Clampy 2 is good.
Grips: Dugan Grips - I Love Odyssey grips, deffo stick with these.

That's my input for you, take my advise if you so choose smile

Yeah, i dont have the cash for a new set of wheels although i would definitely love to have them, that stem hasnt ever slipped on me, so no biggie and it's under warranty so its no big deal, although one i had stripped, it is still a great stem. Yeah, my chain is a KMC cool chain, with a KHE half link, so its all good there, I switched it from the 410. I am waiting for the keychain for sure. And my seat is kinda slim and all, but still great for barspins. Im not worried about the sprocket at all because that bitch is thick as crap, but eventually i will give in and get a guarded one. I dont care for those tires much either, other than the GREAT grip the provide, i may get a set of Demolitions. And yeah, i think i will go with a set of odysseys. And this seat clamp snapped one bolt in it but it came out, so i put another in, no need to replace tha, i love its looks. haha And yeah, my frame is fairly new, i got it in October 2012, these bars are VERY good, get yourself a pair, my wrists used to hurt all the time now they never do, and the 10 of backsweep is sweeeeet haha. I will eventually get a new set of wheels although mine are actually high quality and straight as an arrow with nice and tight spokes that havent come loose yet. I am gonna look around and find out what hub it is too. haha Thanks Topsey for the suggestions!

|