Blank Grizzy V2 Frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/31/2018 8:43 PM

Hey guys, so this year I’m trying to really customize and get my bike totally dialed so I won’t have any issues with parts anymore. Obviously I’m on a budget, and I started with a Sunday primer and replaced almost everything on it. Wondering if you guys would trust the Grizzly V2 frame by blank. It’s full chrome, so it can’t be that shitty. Thanks for any advice!

|

1/31/2018 10:03 PM

I'm surprised at it's quality! Looks like a great buy in my eyes. I mean, 2.4" tire capable, removable & included brake hardware, full chromoly, seems to meet the standards in today's world for a decent amount of money.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/1/2018 4:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2018 5:38 AM

Look thru the BMX for sale area if you are looking at this frame. I believe Hatebreeder had one for sale in like new condition a while back & may still have it available. As for the frame itself, I've never seen one in person but they seem legit. Hatebreeder seems to either have everything or HAD everything & could, at least, tell you what he thinks/thought of it.

|

2/1/2018 6:04 AM

On paper that is a KILLER deal. Like I am tempted even though I have literally zero need.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/19/2018 3:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2018 4:11 AM

They look pretty damn nice! Paint and welds look pretty good. Full Heat Treated 4130 Chromoly throughout... Looks like a clear winner for $150! Just saw the details on their website:
http://blankbikes.co.uk/category/parts/frames/

GRIZZLY V2 FRAME
This all New Blank Grizzly V2 Frame has been designed to be stronger, stiffer, and more responsive than its predecessor. Tweaked to perfection, the top tube diameter has been increased from 31mm to 33mm, the seat stay from 1.0T to 1.1T wall tubing, and the chain stay from 1.1T to 1.2T. This Grizzly V2 Frame provides a noticeably stiffer ride.

Features:

Material: 100% Heat Treated 4130 CrMo
Heat treated bottom bracket, head tube, and drop outs
Tapered rear seat and chain stays
Integral seat clamp
Internal 45-45 Headtube
Mid Bottom Bracket
2.4″ fat tyre friendly
6mm rear drop outs
71° Seat tube, 75° Head tube, 43mm BB Drop
Removable brake hardware (supplied)

|

2/20/2018 2:53 PM

Advertising the bb drop is just confusing. What does that equal? 1.693 inch drop? That seems low?

|