Blitz Wheels

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2011 5:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2011 5:25 PM

I'm looking to buy some new wheels. would like something good and on the cheaper side. would the Blitz wheels or the stolen revolver wheels be good?

|

--------------- -------------- ------------- ------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

1/27/2011 5:30 AM

there cheap, meaning you get what you pay for. i think nitrous double shots are the best cheap rims you can get.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/27/2011 6:00 AM

For the front, it would be just fine. As for the back, save up some extra and invest in a better wheel.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/27/2011 8:42 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

there cheap, meaning you get what you pay for. i think nitrous double shots are the best cheap rims you can get.

dont waste your money the double shots come out of true after about 10 minutes of riding

the blitz wheels look good go for it

|

i was kwbike.co
i run brakes. wanna fight about it?
shithawks are the future

1/27/2011 8:57 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

there cheap, meaning you get what you pay for. i think nitrous double shots are the best cheap rims you can get.

cornholio wrote:

dont waste your money the double shots come out of true after about 10 minutes of riding

the blitz wheels look good go for it

Tell that to the people I know with them, and they are just fine, no bends after 6 months plus.

I handled a set of Blitz wheels at work last night. As to quality, I wouldn't run them personally, they seemed a tad chinsy on the hub flange area, and I don't know how those rims hold up. They would work, but as to how long, I am not sure. The kid is getting different rims put on those hubs though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2011 9:03 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Tell that to the people I know with them, and they are just fine, no bends after 6 months plus.

I handled a set of Blitz wheels at work last night. As to quality, I wouldn't run them personally, they seemed a tad chinsy on the hub flange area, and I don't know how those rims hold up. They would work, but as to how long, I am not sure. The kid is getting different rims put on those hubs though.

i know a guy clayton lockridge, dude barely ever rides but hes had his double shots trued atleast 6 times since he bought them a year ago. the spokes get really loose and the rim gets "floppy".

|

i was kwbike.co
i run brakes. wanna fight about it?
shithawks are the future

1/27/2011 10:09 AM

Would the stolen roulet rims be any good?

|

--------------- -------------- ------------- ------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

1/27/2011 10:11 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

there cheap, meaning you get what you pay for. i think nitrous double shots are the best cheap rims you can get.

cornholio wrote:

dont waste your money the double shots come out of true after about 10 minutes of riding

the blitz wheels look good go for it

that happens to all wheels unless they have pre stressed spokes. most bike shops actually give a free wheel tru after they build a wheel.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

1/27/2011 5:23 PM

Would the Stolen Revolver rims be good?

|

--------------- -------------- ------------- ------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

1/27/2011 5:39 PM

Are you looking for front, back, or both? What is your price range?

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/27/2011 5:49 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

Are you looking for front, back, or both? What is your price range?

Both or just back at least, around 180 for both or 100 for back

|

--------------- -------------- ------------- ------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

1/27/2011 5:52 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

Are you looking for front, back, or both? What is your price range?

AEM1235 wrote:

Both or just back at least, around 180 for both or 100 for back

Well, it's going to be really hard to get a decent wheelset with that little of money.

A really nice back wheel is going to cost about $180-$200.

You can kind of "skimp" on the front.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/27/2011 5:52 PM

Just spend $180 on the reaf wheel and save for a front.

|

I already know I'm a Newfag

1/27/2011 5:53 PM

well what would be a good back rim then?

|

--------------- -------------- ------------- ------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

1/27/2011 5:54 PM

Black Mike wrote:

Just spend $180 on the reaf wheel and save for a front.

Do this and get:
-Primo Mix Cassette $119.99
-Odyssey Hazard Lite Rim $59.99
-Sapim 14G Spokes (x36) $12.60

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/27/2011 5:55 PM

alright i just have to save a little more

|

--------------- -------------- ------------- ------------ ----------- ---------- --------- -------- ------- ------ ----- ---- --- -- -

1/27/2011 6:18 PM

i'd say, the cheepest good wheel set you could get is nitrous rims and eastern pro front bi-rectional rear hubs built up by dans (about 30 for spokes for both wheels)

i have
(front) dk alpha front hub and alienation deviant rim
(rear) eastern birectional and nitrous ring rim
i got like 15 or 20% off and the hubs were on sale

a month later there still running great

|

1/27/2011 8:53 PM

cornholio wrote:

dont waste your money the double shots come out of true after about 10 minutes of riding

the blitz wheels look good go for it

dave lawrence wrote:

Tell that to the people I know with them, and they are just fine, no bends after 6 months plus.

I handled a set of Blitz wheels at work last night. As to quality, I wouldn't run them personally, they seemed a tad chinsy on the hub flange area, and I don't know how those rims hold up. They would work, but as to how long, I am not sure. The kid is getting different rims put on those hubs though.

cornholio wrote:

i know a guy clayton lockridge, dude barely ever rides but hes had his double shots trued atleast 6 times since he bought them a year ago. the spokes get really loose and the rim gets "floppy".

My buddy Joe Magnuson has been running a front double shot for about a year now and has not had to true it yet. My thought for your buddy is that he lands sideways all the time or something. A wheel should NEVER take like 10 mins to get super loose or come out of true, even when new. I have a hard time believing that it happened like that.

Also, if he lets his spokes get to the point of being "Floppy", he is waiting too long. Did he try talking to Eastern about it? My guess is no. There may have been an issue with a small amount or something.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/27/2011 9:00 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

there cheap, meaning you get what you pay for. i think nitrous double shots are the best cheap rims you can get.

cornholio wrote:

dont waste your money the double shots come out of true after about 10 minutes of riding

the blitz wheels look good go for it

my first back wheel was a double shot it was ok for bout a week and then the threads inside the hub actually wore down to the point where my pawls BARELY were grabbing, bad decision lol

|

...The ONLY thing skateboards are good for, is filming BMX edits...

1/27/2011 9:03 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Tell that to the people I know with them, and they are just fine, no bends after 6 months plus.

I handled a set of Blitz wheels at work last night. As to quality, I wouldn't run them personally, they seemed a tad chinsy on the hub flange area, and I don't know how those rims hold up. They would work, but as to how long, I am not sure. The kid is getting different rims put on those hubs though.

cornholio wrote:

i know a guy clayton lockridge, dude barely ever rides but hes had his double shots trued atleast 6 times since he bought them a year ago. the spokes get really loose and the rim gets "floppy".

dave lawrence wrote:

My buddy Joe Magnuson has been running a front double shot for about a year now and has not had to true it yet. My thought for your buddy is that he lands sideways all the time or something. A wheel should NEVER take like 10 mins to get super loose or come out of true, even when new. I have a hard time believing that it happened like that.

Also, if he lets his spokes get to the point of being "Floppy", he is waiting too long. Did he try talking to Eastern about it? My guess is no. There may have been an issue with a small amount or something.

or it could have been his nipples were just not the right size and it striped out the spokes which made em loose? my opinion.. lol

|

...The ONLY thing skateboards are good for, is filming BMX edits...

1/27/2011 9:54 PM

|

"Booshy wrote: Oh I forgot about this guy, somehow.. Matt Hoffman! Would love to meet/ ride with him. Or ride him."

bmx_is_rad wrote: Please tap as hard as you like