Bloody Barspins

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2018 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2018 8:39 AM

Give me hope. I've been trying barspins for a couple of months now. My back foot ALWAYS comes off but today I managed to keep it on until after I threw the bars which is progress. I chuck them properly, no x-up or busdrivers and catch them every time with the bike under me.

How long did it take you guys to get that last little bit? They feel so comfortable now one footed but I think I might have got into a bad habit.

|

8/11/2018 8:40 AM

Im more of tailwhip than a bar spin guy...

So i havent even got close to getting bars...

Maybe one day... but tailwhips are for me..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/11/2018 8:43 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Im more of tailwhip than a bar spin guy...

So i havent even got close to getting bars...

Maybe one day... but tailwhips are ...more

That's awesome, tailwhips are alien to me. I tried them a couple of times in the past and I kind of wrote them off. One day! Barspins feel quite natural to me, just the muscle memory and commitment to keep that foot on.

|

8/11/2018 11:18 AM

Pinch your cranks. I ride a super low plastic seat and still can bar. I keep one hand on but learned just throwing them. I also bar with the wrong hand so theres some motivation.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/11/2018 12:45 PM

Raise your seat and dont think about your body position in the air . It figure itself out when you toss em . The only really challenge I have is throwing them opposite , so my "regular" ones have a pretty poor spin and catch

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/12/2018 2:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2018 2:38 AM

I took this video a couple of weeks ago, nice to see improvement. I wasn't keeping my back foot on at all in this.

Barspin attempt #2,691.

A post shared by Joel Stephenson (@bordersbmx) on

|

8/12/2018 6:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2019 8:45 AM

Sick dude! I gave you a follow too, mines @jake_peterson_z71

|

8/13/2018 5:55 AM

I learned barspins no footed then learned them normal after

|

8/13/2018 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 7:53 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Sick dude! I gave you a follow too, mines @jake_peterson_z71

Cheers, gave you a follow back!

No handed sounds awful haha, today I tried keeping my back foot on and taking my front foot off to try and break the habit, I think it helped and my weight was much more over the bars but I still just freeze up and don't chuck em when I commit to keeping my feet on.

|

8/13/2018 12:36 PM

Four wrote:

Pinch your cranks. I ride a super low plastic seat and still can bar. I keep one hand on but learned just throwing them. I ...more

^^^ THIS ^^^

If you are OK with it, raise your seat a little to give you a little more to "grab" with your legs. Might help since it seems like you are basically letting the bike fall away from you as your front foot continues it's normal rotation of the pedals

|

3/24/2019 8:20 PM

The secret to barspins is you have to see boobs irl first and shotgun your first beer. Its a mans trick

|

13 years old

3/24/2019 8:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2019 8:29 PM

^^^Holy crap y'all had me laughing out loud so hardlaughinglaughinglaughing

Y'all are seriously awesome though, that means alot to me that you seem to care enough to remember this stuff about melaughing

I'm hoping now that the weather is getting nicer I'll be going out and riding some more. Just the winters here are depressing as hell, just cold and rainy...

|

3/25/2019 1:06 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Y'all are seriously awesome though, that means alot to me that you seem ...more

Mate you live in Texas, try living in England during winter

|

3/25/2019 3:34 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

RumHam wrote:

I feel like I drink 5x more in winter, just because there is fuck all else to do when the ground never dries.

|

Hmmm

3/25/2019 3:39 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

RumHam wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

I feel like I drink 5x more in winter, just because there is fuck all else to do when the ground never dries.

That moment some time in February when the local skatepark finally is dry enough to at least ride along the sides after its winter hibernation.

|

3/25/2019 4:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2019 4:01 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

RumHam wrote:

I mean true, I do agree y'all might get it a little worse. But I'm in southern Texas, in Northern and Western Texas it's not as bad in the winters rain wise. But we'll get days, and days, and days of rain. And the dirt we have is a nasty muddy clay that never fuckin drieslaughing So it gets pretty bad here toolaughing

I'm just glad there's no ice or snow to where they would have to salt the roads. That would really suck.

|

3/25/2019 5:28 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

RumHam wrote:

"Let's try to out-depress someone about where they live because it is worse here"

I live in Minnesota. We got between 3-5 feet of snow this winter (sorry, 1-1.5 meters for you folks who use Metric). I went 3 solid months with nothing more than looking at any bikes.

It was at one point -32F with a wind chill (that means it feels like) of -65. AKA frostbite in like 3-5 minutes. Winds were 40-50MPH those days.

Then two days later it was 40F.

Legit furnaces were freezing up because they could not handle it.

This summer, like every summer, we will likely clear 100F multiple times, with humidity rivaling that of the East coast.

#MNweatherisbonkers

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/25/2019 5:37 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

"Let's try to out-depress someone about where they live because it is worse here"

I live in Minnesota. We got between 3-5 ...more

That sounds nuts manblink

Here in Texas during the summer, it'll be a good constant 100°+ everydaylaughing

|

3/25/2019 8:22 AM

This is how you barspin. Give er a go.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/25/2019 8:23 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

That sounds nuts manblink

Here in Texas during the summer, it'll be a good constant 100+ everydaylaughing

Yea, I really don't know why I still live here.

The air cooks me and hurts my face within a few months of eachother.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura