Bloody black

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2017 8:16 AM

Does anybody know how Colony does their frames and some parts in the bloody black color? My last frame was bloody and it was my all time favorite looking frame so I'd like to see if I can get my current painted that way.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/1/2017 11:06 AM

I don't know what it looks like but I'm guessing it's red, with trans black, or black with trans red.

|

4/1/2017 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2017 11:10 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Does anybody know how Colony does their frames and some parts in the bloody black color? My last frame was bloody and it was ...more

From looking at it in a picture it "looks" like its maybe been a silver base coat with the black slashes ontop then finished with many layers of a candy apple red metallic clearcoat

Photo

|

4/1/2017 4:48 PM

Yeah Im not sure how they do it but it's sick.

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/1/2017 9:21 PM

that would also be sick on a base black bike as small parts...like total black frame, fork and bars, with a stem, sprocket and seat clamp in tha tcolor....also black rims with red nipples....hmmm

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/2/2017 4:04 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

that would also be sick on a base black bike as small parts...like total black frame, fork and bars, with a stem, sprocket and ...more

Yeah that would look so good. Now im on a mission to figure out how to get it done for a frame haha

|

Smoke Drink Die

4/2/2017 7:21 AM

Research companies doing powder coating in your area, I'm waiting to get my frame back from there as we speak.. they've mixed up some candy blue with ruby flake in, looked amazing on photo so am praying it looks the nuts.

|

4/2/2017 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2017 1:44 PM

I am an Autobody painter and although this might not be the method they used you can probably achieve similar results, you can buy liquid masking agent or use masking tape cut into tears , shapes etc Start with a CLEAN (use simple green to degrease and prep your metal) raw frame and mask off the pieces you want to be silver with a brush or tape in random spots, Once all your flakes are masked off spray it with sand-able black primer, about 3 coats should do, let dry and remove your masking agent or tape pieces and coat with about 1-2 layers of crimson sprayed from very far back to achieve a transparent layer ,add layers until you achieve the colour you want, let dry for about 24 and add about 6 to 8 layers of diamond hard clear coat. Boom! Or get a shop to mix you some trans red(clear coat with red pigment) and just spray that over the black and let that dry for about 48 and cure for 3 days, meaning don't get wet , store in dry garage for about a week and a half as the bike will be off gassing from the paint and will probably kill you if you keep it indoors during the curing period. You could also try find a shop that can mix in huge flakes for you into the black and coat with the trans red. Lots of methods out there...Painting is all about negative layers and 90% prep and you are always working in reverse of what your eyes see. They also might hit that thing with oil of some sort and then paint over the oil spots but cleaning for the next layer might be tricky...

Cheers!

|

4/3/2017 4:05 AM

Damn thanks dude!

|

Smoke Drink Die