Bmx

Related:
Create New Tag

2/11/2020 6:31 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Technically yes. Plastic and polymer are still synonymous though (science says so). Polymers are macro molecules full of many repeating subunits which 95% consists of plastics including rubber.

Spongeworthy wrote:

And? I never said plastics aren’t polymers. And just because plastics and polymers are synonymous, that doesn’t mean all polymers are plastics. Hoovers and vacuum cleaners are synonymous in the UK, but not all vacuum cleaners are hoovers. Biro’s and ball point pen’s are synonymous, but not all ball point pens are Biro’s. Plastics have plasticity, rubbers have elasticity. Some polymers share the characteristics (polyurethane for example), but not all polymers are plastics. I think you get this now, but just aren’t willing to admit it.

HavokDJ wrote:

Yes I understand, what I’m saying is that so much of polymers consist of plastics that it basically is the same thing. I’m referring to it like this for communications sake so it doesn’t branch into off-topic. (Not that this matters honestly it’s become a joke thread)

Nup, you’re not getting away with it that easily. You argued pretty adamantly that all polymers (especially rubbers) are plastics. You even “bud”ed Htown, which is very dismissive. I don’t want to hear this “basically the same” shit now. That was not your argument. You were very specific. All polymers aren’t plastics. Rubber is not a plastic. Say it.

|

2/11/2020 8:13 AM

jbales wrote:

No u.

Yup.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/11/2020 8:24 AM

For the sake of levity.... I think some of the tires I have on my bikes say "Nylon", LOL.

[img]https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/0/optimized/11558350_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=1230&hei=1500&fit=fit,1&$filterxlrg$[/img]

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus.

2/11/2020 10:56 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Yup.

Yup.

|

2/11/2020 12:24 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

And? I never said plastics aren’t polymers. And just because plastics and polymers are synonymous, that doesn’t mean all polymers are plastics. Hoovers and vacuum cleaners are synonymous in the UK, but not all vacuum cleaners are hoovers. Biro’s and ball point pen’s are synonymous, but not all ball point pens are Biro’s. Plastics have plasticity, rubbers have elasticity. Some polymers share the characteristics (polyurethane for example), but not all polymers are plastics. I think you get this now, but just aren’t willing to admit it.

HavokDJ wrote:

Yes I understand, what I’m saying is that so much of polymers consist of plastics that it basically is the same thing. I’m referring to it like this for communications sake so it doesn’t branch into off-topic. (Not that this matters honestly it’s become a joke thread)

Spongeworthy wrote:

Nup, you’re not getting away with it that easily. You argued pretty adamantly that all polymers (especially rubbers) are plastics. You even “bud”ed Htown, which is very dismissive. I don’t want to hear this “basically the same” shit now. That was not your argument. You were very specific. All polymers aren’t plastics. Rubber is not a plastic. Say it.

Rubber is a plastic in both language description and scientific description.
I actually machine this crap, rubber is a plasticy material. Elastomers (I.E. Rubber) are even described as "any elastically deformable, rubbery PLASTIC material" I was gonna let you win but it seems you want to turn it into a debate anyways. Yes sugar is a type of polymer, yes DNA is a type of polymer, they're also known as biopolymers which, yes are repeating macromolecules like polymers, but they don't have polymer-like properties other than the fact they are repeating macromolecules. Can you make a chassis for a lightswitch out of sugar or DNA? No, you can't. What about proteins? Isn't that a powder? Didn't you say it was a polymer? Sure as hell doesn't sound like a polymer considering it doesn't exhibit any traits that actual polymers portray? Yes, from the beginning I was already on the "basically the same" shit, but then you had to turn it into a big debate. I want to see you put tires in a vat of acetone and see what happens, then put legos in it and see what happens, then I want you to bathe in it and see what happens. Did the rubber and legos melt? How about you? Did you melt? You were made out of "Polymers" apparently, why didn't you melt? Maybe it's because since biopolymers aren't real polymers and they don't connect on a molecular level? Nah who am I kidding, everything must be made of plastic right?
|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 12:28 PM

I like turtles.

|

MVGA

2/11/2020 12:38 PM

bloghogs wrote:

I like turtles.

I wonder if turtles will melt in acetone?

|

2/11/2020 12:44 PM

bloghogs wrote:

I like turtles.

Undesemin wrote:

I wonder if turtles will melt in acetone?

I heard about some dude throwing a turtle in acetone and the turtle started flying!

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 1:30 PM

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/11/2020 1:38 PM

i put my hands in acetone every day for work.

it's crazy what it melts and what it won't melt.

for instance. it will melt many plastics. but won't melt sugar. water melts sugar though. so sometimes I have to use water first. melt the sugar. then use acetone after that.

it doesn't melt all plastics* though. how do I know? i use it EVERY DAY.

* not an expert on what a plastic is. I just know that in the real world. in every day places that all of us occupy, acetone doesn't melt everything.

I have about 20 gallons of acetone right now. maybe i'll see what it does to some old tires I have. kinda feel like it won't do anything... other than clean the surface dirt off of it.

|

2/11/2020 1:46 PM

pnj wrote:

i put my hands in acetone every day for work.

it's crazy what it melts and what it won't melt.

for instance. it will melt many plastics. but won't melt sugar. water melts sugar though. so sometimes I have to use water first. melt the sugar. then use acetone after that.

it doesn't melt all plastics* though. how do I know? i use it EVERY DAY.

* not an expert on what a plastic is. I just know that in the real world. in every day places that all of us occupy, acetone doesn't melt everything.

I have about 20 gallons of acetone right now. maybe i'll see what it does to some old tires I have. kinda feel like it won't do anything... other than clean the surface dirt off of it.

I've melted tires because I've fallen for this "trick" before. Maybe modern BMX tires are made of some kind of magic rubber than doesn't melt in acetone. But apparently Dyno D-Hoops melt in acetone, because when I cleaned them with nail polish remover the tread was practically gone within 30 minutes, it nearly ate through to the steel bead, so unless they don't now then I'm gonna say they probably still do.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2020 2:33 PM

Thanks. The link you provided with your claim that “Rubber is a plastic in both language description and scientific description” uses the word plastic once, and not to describe rubber as a plastic. The link describes rubber as a polymer.

You’re right, probably can’t make a light switch chassis out of sugar or dna, because it’s a different kind of polymer than plastic. All polymers aren’t plastic.

You weren’t on the “basically the same thing” shit from the beginning. You were on the “ Rubber is a type of plastic,..” and the “you’ve got it backwards bud”, “ Anything that is a polymer is a plastic and vice versa,...” shit. That was before I posted anything about it. Remind me again who turned it into a debate?

|

2/11/2020 2:26 PM

Plastic straws are far more valuable than sea turtles , don’t give in to the leftist sissy snowflakes , fuck paper straws

|

2/11/2020 2:32 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Pretty much.

|

2/11/2020 2:33 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Thanks. The link you provided with your claim that “Rubber is a plastic in both language description and scientific description” uses the word plastic once, and not to describe rubber as a plastic. The link describes rubber as a polymer.

You’re right, probably can’t make a light switch chassis out of sugar or dna, because it’s a different kind of polymer than plastic. All polymers aren’t plastic.

You weren’t on the “basically the same thing” shit from the beginning. You were on the “ Rubber is a type of plastic,..” and the “you’ve got it backwards bud”, “ Anything that is a polymer is a plastic and vice versa,...” shit. That was before I posted anything about it. Remind me again who turned it into a debate?

It's in the caption for it when you search it up. I ain't doing this debate anymore man, actually read the order of posts and you'll see that you kinda started our debate. Bud isn't even a dismissive term, I call just about anyone bud. You've got an ego problem and I ain't feeding into it you troll. Again, biopolymers aren't the same thing as polymers.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 2:38 PM

First one to drink 8 oz of acetone wins

|

2/11/2020 2:42 PM

Undesemin wrote:

First one to drink 8 oz of acetone wins

Too bad it doesn't melt your insides or I'd doubletap it.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2020 2:52 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Thanks. The link you provided with your claim that “Rubber is a plastic in both language description and scientific description” uses the word plastic once, and not to describe rubber as a plastic. The link describes rubber as a polymer.

You’re right, probably can’t make a light switch chassis out of sugar or dna, because it’s a different kind of polymer than plastic. All polymers aren’t plastic.

You weren’t on the “basically the same thing” shit from the beginning. You were on the “ Rubber is a type of plastic,..” and the “you’ve got it backwards bud”, “ Anything that is a polymer is a plastic and vice versa,...” shit. That was before I posted anything about it. Remind me again who turned it into a debate?

HavokDJ wrote:

It's in the caption for it when you search it up. I ain't doing this debate anymore man, actually read the order of posts and you'll see that you kinda started our debate. Bud isn't even a dismissive term, I call just about anyone bud. You've got an ego problem and I ain't feeding into it you troll. Again, biopolymers aren't the same thing as polymers.

This sounds like an admission of defeat. My giant ego has been sated. To victor go the spoils!

|

2/11/2020 2:53 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Thanks. The link you provided with your claim that “Rubber is a plastic in both language description and scientific description” uses the word plastic once, and not to describe rubber as a plastic. The link describes rubber as a polymer.

You’re right, probably can’t make a light switch chassis out of sugar or dna, because it’s a different kind of polymer than plastic. All polymers aren’t plastic.

You weren’t on the “basically the same thing” shit from the beginning. You were on the “ Rubber is a type of plastic,..” and the “you’ve got it backwards bud”, “ Anything that is a polymer is a plastic and vice versa,...” shit. That was before I posted anything about it. Remind me again who turned it into a debate?

HavokDJ wrote:

It's in the caption for it when you search it up. I ain't doing this debate anymore man, actually read the order of posts and you'll see that you kinda started our debate. Bud isn't even a dismissive term, I call just about anyone bud. You've got an ego problem and I ain't feeding into it you troll. Again, biopolymers aren't the same thing as polymers.

Spongeworthy wrote:

This sounds like an admission of defeat. My giant ego has been sated. To victor go the spoils!

No it's because this debate is pointless and it ruined a good joke thread that I didn't realize was a joke at first lol.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 2:54 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Plastic straws are far more valuable than sea turtles , don’t give in to the leftist sissy snowflakes , fuck paper straws

I dunno man...

sucking from a straw is a lot like sucking....something long and hard. paper or plastic.

I drink from the bottle.

|

2/11/2020 2:55 PM


|

2/11/2020 2:57 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

I'm not even gonna lie I'm not even mad anymore, this shit is flat out hilarious.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 3:00 PM

Undesemin wrote:

First one to drink 8 oz of acetone wins

someone do the math on how much acetone is absorbed into the skin.

I'm probably close to this if not well past it.

every.day. my hands go into acetone and i don't wear gloves. MSDS sheet says it's okay but i have to think some is being absorbed?

8 ounces is only a cup...

|

2/11/2020 3:04 PM

pnj wrote:

someone do the math on how much acetone is absorbed into the skin.

I'm probably close to this if not well past it.

every.day. my hands go into acetone and i don't wear gloves. MSDS sheet says it's okay but i have to think some is being absorbed?

8 ounces is only a cup...

I'll get back to you in a little and let you know what happens. I wonder if it'll make me fly like the turtles. I'm just one curious little boy

|

2/11/2020 3:07 PM

Undesemin wrote:

First one to drink 8 oz of acetone wins

pnj wrote:

someone do the math on how much acetone is absorbed into the skin.

I'm probably close to this if not well past it.

every.day. my hands go into acetone and i don't wear gloves. MSDS sheet says it's okay but i have to think some is being absorbed?

8 ounces is only a cup...

Honestly considering your body produces a small amount of acetone it's likely not TOO harmful through the skin, though I doubt it's nearly 8 ounces worth. As long as you aren't licking it off your fingers like it's barbecue I'd say you should be fine.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 3:10 PM

pnj wrote:

someone do the math on how much acetone is absorbed into the skin.

I'm probably close to this if not well past it.

every.day. my hands go into acetone and i don't wear gloves. MSDS sheet says it's okay but i have to think some is being absorbed?

8 ounces is only a cup...

Yeah, jokes aside, since it evaporates so quickly I doubt a significant amount is being absorbed through your skin.

|

2/11/2020 3:16 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

I'm not even gonna lie I'm not even mad anymore, this shit is flat out hilarious.

That’s the spirit! Life’s too short to stay mad about losing an argument.

|

2/11/2020 3:18 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

I'm not even gonna lie I'm not even mad anymore, this shit is flat out hilarious.

Spongeworthy wrote:

That’s the spirit! Life’s too short to stay mad about losing an argument.

There is no way in hell you are not trolling at this point.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

2/11/2020 3:21 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

There is no way in hell you are not trolling at this point.

Nah, just proud of you for keeping your chin up.

|

2/11/2020 9:51 PM

so just for fun I put a rubber patch in a cup of acetone. The kind of patch that has the plastic pieces on both sides.

after four hours all that happened was one of the pieces of plastic had fell off. The rubber nor the plastic was melted or appeared damaged in any way.

|