Bmx History.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2010 4:30 PM

Yes another semi-rant. My beef if kids not that are hating on other riders. Get real. You think you're cool for hating on another rider because of the way he/she dressed? Or what they ride? What parts they run? Why would you want to hate another person who loves the same sport as you? Most of you kids need to go make the purchase of Joe Kid on a Stingray and some older bmx videos and learn what riding is all about. Going out with a bunch of friends and riding together and being happy for each other landing something new.

Nowadays, bmx isn't about fun to a majority. I know when I ride with people younger than myself, everything turns into a competition trying to one-up each other. On the other hand, when I ride with older people (25+) You get that real rider feel, like getting stoked that someone just landed something etc,

I'm not calling this for everyone, because this doesn't apply to some people. I'm basically speaking what I feel, totally biased opinion.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/17/2010 4:31 PM

quoted for truth.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/17/2010 4:32 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

quoted for truth.

Double qouted for the truth of every bmx rider needing to buy/watch Joe Kid

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/17/2010 4:33 PM

i agree like i know what you mean by when you ride with younger riders like when i ride with kids my age we are always trying to one up each other but when i ride with my cousins hwo are 20 plus its always chill and fun

|

VITALS OFFICAL FAT ASS ]
RIP WILL,ERIC,BRIAN,JIMMY

2/17/2010 4:43 PM

12345, although i've been lucky. the few times i rode with younger riders, they were hella chill and all about having fun.

|

why the fuck you got a hub guard and aint got no fucking pegs?!

Vital's Oprah.

MOTW 3/15/10 - 3/21/10

http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/Oprahs-Sunday-Wave-v1,826431

psn-id: daveydeez

2/17/2010 4:51 PM

too bad absolutely no one rides around me, only 2 of my friends, except actually 1 because the other one doesnt "ride" he just comes with us. and i also hang with my friend that skates but he's mad chill.

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,

2/17/2010 5:33 PM

i feel you i saw joe kid on a sting ray i loved it

|

I ride street. tongue

get amaon gift cards or money sent to your paypal for free! http://www.rebelbucks.com/?ref=yaya2893-0

2/17/2010 5:36 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

too bad absolutely no one rides around me, only 2 of my friends, except actually 1 because the other one doesnt "ride" he just comes with us. and i also hang with my friend that skates but he's mad chill.

haha my friend does the same he doesnt ride he just watches

|

2/17/2010 5:37 PM

i agree, kids at the park always get cocky and say im better than you, lets play bike, all that competitive shit....

|

2/17/2010 6:04 PM

i love playing bike haha but i dont ride with anyone i have no riding friends haha

|

2/17/2010 6:15 PM

wesleytramel wrote:

i love playing bike haha but i dont ride with anyone i have no riding friends haha

ill be your riding friend. all you have to do is come to charlotte.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/17/2010 6:16 PM

wesleytramel wrote:

i love playing bike haha but i dont ride with anyone i have no riding friends haha

ill play bike with you buddy!!

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

2/17/2010 6:19 PM

i think one uping is good if its done at a healthy level. lol compition is always good for progresson. now what some of these kid do it is not good. they are way to competive and end up pushing out others from the same sport

|

2/17/2010 6:20 PM

In the crew of around 10 riders that I usually ride with, only me and one other kid actually get stoked for other guys landing tricks. I have to, cause that's the majority of the sport for me. If I was riding with other people and everything was a competition and there was no chill feel, I'd quit like *snap*. That's why I quit baseball. I don't like competition. I like fun times with good people, no matter what kind of bike they ride and how they ride it.

I like bro hugs and big smiles.

True story Ressler. Please come down to CT. We need more like you.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

2/17/2010 6:21 PM

tibug wrote:

In the crew of around 10 riders that I usually ride with, only me and one other kid actually get stoked for other guys landing tricks. I have to, cause that's the majority of the sport for me. If I was riding with other people and everything was a competition and there was no chill feel, I'd quit like *snap*. That's why I quit baseball. I don't like competition. I like fun times with good people, no matter what kind of bike they ride and how they ride it.

I like bro hugs and big smiles.

True story Ressler. Please come down to CT. We need more like you.

youre so lucky you got 10 guys to ride with. but i like you. i get stoked when someone lands a trick, be it a crazy rick or just a simple one

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

2/17/2010 6:22 PM

i agree. i dog on my friends just for fun. they all know we just mess around. The oldest video ive seen is barcelona (the fit team goes to barcelona). I love riding with older people fer sure. they help me out more

=]

+1 for matt smile

|

█▄█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀ █▀
█▀█ █▄█ █▀▀ █▄█ █▀ █▀

ref-spikez5

2/17/2010 6:31 PM

i hate going to different skateparks and kids are cocky i love to ride and have fun all the tricks ive learned i have done on my own pace having fun that how me and my riding group are we just have fun and ride and get stoked for people whenthey land sick shit

|

2/17/2010 6:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2010 6:37 PM

|

2/17/2010 6:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2010 6:37 PM

|

2/17/2010 6:34 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

too bad absolutely no one rides around me, only 2 of my friends, except actually 1 because the other one doesnt "ride" he just comes with us. and i also hang with my friend that skates but he's mad chill.

SEANimal757 wrote:

haha my friend does the same he doesnt ride he just watches

haha my friend is like the complete opposite of a "bmxer" lol he wears all abercrombie and northface stuff, he gets all his stuff spoon-fed to him from his parents, but im like bestfriends with him, he is hilarious. but he cant do anything just jhop or stallion whatever u wanna call it and sometimes grinds on his front peg lmao. he thinks im like god at bmx cuz i can actually do tricks hahaha

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,

2/17/2010 6:53 PM

they just dont like having fun with it, its all about get sponsored now, become the next 15 or 16 year old prodigy

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

2/17/2010 7:40 PM

Effting wrote:

they just dont like having fun with it, its all about get sponsored now, become the next 15 or 16 year old prodigy

seriously

|

people who get up early in the morning cause war, death, and famine.

trading refs:live free live to ride, agfracing,ridebmx456,ryanxanimalbmx,wallywangois2hip, harry95, Josh08

2/17/2010 7:46 PM

that joe kid movie is sick, i watched it like 2 weeks ago, but riding is about having fun with your friends and learning new stuff

|

Burn Lexington
Scarlett O'Hara

BIKE CHECK!
SECOND BIKE CHECK!
REFs....
blake el gingero, bsticks, bmx24, irideafly(x2), bigbarsbeard, hcpmicheal(x2), carjakester, 3514eclat, iridebikes07, throwafit, lee_rager, bwenger, aw1234512, kwescottbmx, ecuadevil, ScramHype, dakiddjai93, Spikes5(x3), ultrablade, BEASTASSDICK(x2)

2/17/2010 7:50 PM

Yesterday I basically lost two of my best friends because kids get but hurt when another kid lands a trick.

fuck this sport sometimes I am a n00b rider like what 11 months now and most people I ride with even if I land bars or whips or 5's or anything I think is cool they are like that's gay or don't give a fuck yet if a kid lands his first 180 I will be SINCERELY freaking the fuck out.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

2/17/2010 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2010 7:54 PM

funtington wrote:

Yesterday I basically lost two of my best friends because kids get but hurt when another kid lands a trick.

fuck this sport sometimes I am a n00b rider like what 11 months now and most people I ride with even if I land bars or whips or 5's or anything I think is cool they are like that's gay or don't give a fuck yet if a kid lands his first 180 I will be SINCERELY freaking the fuck out.

wow fuck all that

if my nigga throws bars,5s or whips in front of me ill give him his props they deserve
no reason to lose friends over a trick just cause they cant do it when i used to skate my friend johnny could 3flip like nothing and i could barely kickflip still friends with him to this day

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
REFs: Vanny, brenden1207, Spikez5

2/17/2010 7:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 1:04 AM

funtington wrote:

Yesterday I basically lost two of my best friends because kids get but hurt when another kid lands a trick.

fuck this sport sometimes I am a n00b rider like what 11 months now and most people I ride with even if I land bars or whips or 5's or anything I think is cool they are like that's gay or don't give a fuck yet if a kid lands his first 180 I will be SINCERELY freaking the fuck out.

Dennis916 wrote:

wow fuck all that

if my nigga throws bars,5s or whips in front of me ill give him his props they deserve
no reason to lose friends over a trick just cause they cant do it when i used to skate my friend johnny could 3flip like nothing and i could barely kickflip still friends with him to this day

I can get leg over on hop whips and landed my first couple whips out of banks and bowls this weekend, the kids (2 and 3 best friend) were not there to see me land it so they are like"fuck that you did not land that" I just kept my mouth shut then we are riding and I landed one pretty much wellllll 1 pedal out of a bank but hey rode awa...any whoo before that friend number 3 was trying to hustle this kid into buying his old frame for 150 bucks its like a shitttttty as 19.6 toptube so I told the kid not to so they were pissed.....


**none of that makes sense the point is know your friends well**



shout out to my number one niggga STREETSKEET.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

2/17/2010 7:59 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

youre so lucky you got 10 guys to ride with. but i like you. i get stoked when someone lands a trick, be it a crazy rick or just a simple one

Yea, well 10 max. Usually I'm riding with 1 or 2 other people, but out of the 10 that frequently ride, very few actually care about anything but who can half cab highest, who can flat 3 smoothest, who can ice longest.

Yea man, I get stoked no matter what level the guy is. Whether it's the kids first clean 180, or some ridiculously pro guy doing a massive gap barspin.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

2/17/2010 7:59 PM

funtington wrote:

Yesterday I basically lost two of my best friends because kids get but hurt when another kid lands a trick.

fuck this sport sometimes I am a n00b rider like what 11 months now and most people I ride with even if I land bars or whips or 5's or anything I think is cool they are like that's gay or don't give a fuck yet if a kid lands his first 180 I will be SINCERELY freaking the fuck out.

Dennis916 wrote:

wow fuck all that

if my nigga throws bars,5s or whips in front of me ill give him his props they deserve
no reason to lose friends over a trick just cause they cant do it when i used to skate my friend johnny could 3flip like nothing and i could barely kickflip still friends with him to this day

funtington wrote:

I can get leg over on hop whips and landed my first couple whips out of banks and bowls this weekend, the kids (2 and 3 best friend) were not there to see me land it so they are like"fuck that you did not land that" I just kept my mouth shut then we are riding and I landed one pretty much wellllll 1 pedal out of a bank but hey rode awa...any whoo before that friend number 3 was trying to hustle this kid into buying his old frame for 150 bucks its like a shitttttty as 19.6 toptube so I told the kid not to so they were pissed.....


**none of that makes sense the point is know your friends well**



shout out to my number one niggga STREETSKEET.

hahaha it doesnt really make any sense at all but i get your point
because some of your friends can just be straight asshats when you really need them.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
REFs: Vanny, brenden1207, Spikez5

2/17/2010 8:01 PM

funtington wrote:

I can get leg over on hop whips and landed my first couple whips out of banks and bowls this weekend, the kids (2 and 3 best friend) were not there to see me land it so they are like"fuck that you did not land that" I just kept my mouth shut then we are riding and I landed one pretty much wellllll 1 pedal out of a bank but hey rode awa...any whoo before that friend number 3 was trying to hustle this kid into buying his old frame for 150 bucks its like a shitttttty as 19.6 toptube so I told the kid not to so they were pissed.....


**none of that makes sense the point is know your friends well**



shout out to my number one niggga STREETSKEET.

It makes sense. I understand what you're saying. It's best to say fuck everyone else that only cares 'bout the tricks. Ride with chill, nice, smiling people or ride alone.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

2/17/2010 8:02 PM

Dennis916 wrote:

wow fuck all that

if my nigga throws bars,5s or whips in front of me ill give him his props they deserve
no reason to lose friends over a trick just cause they cant do it when i used to skate my friend johnny could 3flip like nothing and i could barely kickflip still friends with him to this day

funtington wrote:

I can get leg over on hop whips and landed my first couple whips out of banks and bowls this weekend, the kids (2 and 3 best friend) were not there to see me land it so they are like"fuck that you did not land that" I just kept my mouth shut then we are riding and I landed one pretty much wellllll 1 pedal out of a bank but hey rode awa...any whoo before that friend number 3 was trying to hustle this kid into buying his old frame for 150 bucks its like a shitttttty as 19.6 toptube so I told the kid not to so they were pissed.....


**none of that makes sense the point is know your friends well**



shout out to my number one niggga STREETSKEET.

Dennis916 wrote:

hahaha it doesnt really make any sense at all but i get your point
because some of your friends can just be straight asshats when you really need them.

people that really know me well no that I would never double cross my friends and also know my money is my friends money my house is my friends house my girls are my friends girls. Sorry this sounds emotional and shit but I treated both those kids fucking well and got shit on in return.

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "