Bmx Hub Question

Related:
Create New Tag

11/24/2016 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2016 3:24 PM

I've got a bit of a strange bicycle. Bought locally recently, and the company is no longer available through any local bike shops.

It's not a bmx bike but it uses a cassette hub freewheel.
Photo

The don't sell this hub anymore but they do sell something similar

Photo

I've got the pawled version of the driver that allows coasting [EDIT]

Looks like this:

Photo

And i'm looking for the fixed driver to match this hub.

Does anyone know if this is a proprietary system for this company? Or can I purchase a fixed driver somewhere that is compatible?

Thanks...

|

11/24/2016 3:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2016 3:10 PM

That's a cassette driver, not a freewheel.

Freewheels and cassettes are 2 different things. Cassette hubs use a driver (as pictured in both of the pictures above). Whereas a freewheel screws onto a thread on the hub, and has its own ratchet system. Freewheels aren't available in less than 13t

|

11/24/2016 3:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/24/2016 3:25 PM

Sorry what i meant by freewheel (i understand it isn't one, my mistake) Is that the driver has pawls and allows coasting. I'm looking for the equivalent driver but without pawls. The bike can be ordered this way (fixed gear) but I was wondering if there was a standard driver I could buy.

Photo

|

11/25/2016 10:29 AM

Have you tried emailing the company?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/25/2016 11:09 AM

So you want it fixed gear? If so, you'll need a new hub

|

11/28/2016 2:04 PM

Why do you want to do that anyway? But you need a new hub if thatsbyour plan

|

11/28/2016 2:10 PM

I'm 100% sure I don't need a new hub. Thanks anyway though. I'm just going to keep pestering the company.

Quote:

"The Bombtrack Owl hubs is a further development of the original Bombtrack fixed hub released some years ago. The hub was designed from the ground up to be the ultimate in fixed freestyle featuring our patented and well proven fixed driver system. The hub comes with 9t and 10t cog options and finally avoids all problems with threaded cog hubs. Also available are matching hub guards machined from 7075 aluminium.

Also available is the OWL cassette driver, which is compatible with the Divide and Dash complete bikes, and allows them to be converted from fixed function into a cassette hub."

|

11/28/2016 2:20 PM

I really doubt your going to find what your looking for but good luck

|

11/28/2016 2:45 PM

Judging from the shape of the ratchet ring, maybe you switch 2 of the pawls to face the opposite direction? Or replace the driver entirely with a different driver that doesn't have springs and pawls

|