PC Peg Shootout Video Part 2 COMPLETE!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2018 9:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2018 8:38 PM

Part 1:

Part 2:

Just trying to gauge interest for a possible future video. I get most of my youtube views with my videos based on Firearms and Airsoft but would like to grow my bmx viewership. People typically like my product reviews and I am trying to think of the best possible way to gain some traction but not have to spend a ton of money.

Pegs are relatively cheap for a part and something that is pretty consumable since its a purely sacrificial peice but at the same time it can be expensive to find the perfect peg that you are willing to buy 2-4 of when there are so many choices.

It is a dead simple part but factors such as weight, length, diameter, core materials, core butting, sleeve thickness, sleeve material, ease of rotating, durablity, slide-ablity, cost of replacement sleeves, ease of sourcing replacement sleeves, etc. Make a simple part more complicated when comes time to choosing.

I would most likely start off with steel core pc pegs since they would be something I would use outside of the video comparison. If the video did well, I would perhaps make an aluminum core version later on.

I mean, I could do a shootout with something like grips, bar ends or plastic pedals for cheaper possibly but the idea of pegs excites me more. Grips would be a pain to get on and off. Pedals would be easy but less fun to test and I'm not the best at pedal grinds. Bar ends testing would just be me slamming my bike to the ground repeatedly...lol

The peg video would most likely be me doing a bunch of feebles/double pegs/smiths on:

-Unwaxed rough concrete
-Waxed concrete
-Angle ironed concrete
-Angle ironed grind box
-rails?

Then I would list the likes and dislikes of each peg system.

Would you watch a peg shootout?

View Results

|

8/29/2018 12:30 AM

Yes please. Plastic pegs are an interesting topic and I'd really like to see something like that. Not saying barends don't make me hard tho

|

8/29/2018 12:47 AM

I'm still looking to purchase some plastics, so this would be interesting.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

8/29/2018 1:04 AM

I think you could get away with one peg and just do feebles because they are pretty harsh on a peg especially on rough concrete.

|

Hmmm

8/29/2018 4:05 AM

Pegs and Pedals are something that will gain some views.

|

8/29/2018 6:37 AM

Thats a good first impression. I think Ill start looking at the options. Anyone have a particular peg theyd like in the video? No guarantees lol but If I fo this Id like to test all the big ones on the market.

|

8/29/2018 9:00 AM

Merritt GFE would be cool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/29/2018 10:00 AM

Eclat venom

|

Hmmm

8/29/2018 10:37 AM

we should discuss gats sometime Photo

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

8/29/2018 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 10:42 AM

Lol hi point with a grenade launcher and red dot!

|

8/29/2018 11:00 AM

I might do one for pedals XD see which ones I can get down to the bearing the quickest. So far in my experience odyssey twisted pc are the worst. Duo thermalite cracked on the first ride but I didn't grind them much. Animal Hamilton pc were pretty garbage too. Tippity top so far is fbm nice, but they're not the most comfortable. Bsd safari were good, as were demolition trooper. And I've got some s&m g&s on their way. I put some fresh fbm nice pedals on a couple of weeks ago and stupidly accidentally ground the wrong side on a ledge with no wax sad

|

8/29/2018 10:17 PM

I have decided on 4 pegs for this video.

Odyssey graduate 4.75"
Eclat Venom 4.8"
Merrit GFE 4.75"
Daily Grind Slider 4.6"

The reasons I chose these 4 are they are all chromoly cored, longer than 4.5" and plastic sleeved. Aluminum core pegs are not something I am interested in personally since I typically ride street and ride many surfaces.

I had every single different plastic sleeved peg in my ebay cart at one point and it was over $300.00...so I had to filter some of the options. There dont seem to be many larger than 4.5 pegs on the market right now so thats what I went with.

I have run 4" pegs in the past (mpegs) and really appreciated the extra .5 from my graduate pegs originally. I figured 4.75 would be the next logical step since it makes grinds even more stable.

They should be here in a week or less.

I plan on doing an initial impression/explanation of features and options video and a second testing video with the results.

I might do a points based "best overall" peg with:
-Features
-initial cost
-replacement sleeve cost
-durability
-weight
-slide-ability
-size options
-color options
As the test categories.

Let me know your thoughts!

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/30/2018 3:35 AM

Wow dude! You're a badass! Cant wait to see the video even though I'm pegless lol

|

8/30/2018 5:12 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Wow dude! You're a badass! Cant wait to see the video even though I'm pegless lol

Not for long when you see the reviews

|

8/30/2018 5:18 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

Not for long when you see the reviews

Lol

|

8/30/2018 5:59 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Odyssey graduate 4.75"
Eclat Venom 4.8"
Merrit GFE 4.75"
Daily Grind Slider 4.6"

...more

I would do some budget ones also

|

9/1/2018 11:10 AM

Well, i recieved 3 of the 4 pegs I bought. Just missing the 4.75 odyssey graduate peg. Should be here by early next week. Some might ask "dont you have 4 Odyssey graduate pegs?" Yes. I do but They are used and 4.5 cores with 4.75 sleeves. I want to do the video legit and give them all a fair comparison.

I will say there is 1 peg I am really digging, design-wise! Makes a lot of sense. wink

|

9/1/2018 11:11 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Odyssey graduate 4.75"
Eclat Venom 4.8"
Merrit GFE 4.75"
Daily Grind Slider 4.6"

...more

NateBrown62 wrote:

I would do some budget ones also

That will be one of the next videos if this 1st one is successful. smile

|

9/1/2018 11:20 AM

Yes, can't wait for this. I'm too late to suggest Shadow SOD's though.

|

9/1/2018 11:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 11:52 AM

jbales wrote:

Yes, can't wait for this. I'm too late to suggest Shadow SOD's though.

I was really interested in them but they dont offer them in longer lengths so they wont fit in this particular longer than 4.5" peg themed video. Perhaps the future!

|

9/10/2018 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2018 11:12 AM

Finally got the last peg in this morning. The seller printed up the label like the day after I ordered it. Those of you familiar with ebay know the item is marked as "shipped" after the seller prints the label. I know it doesnt take like 2 weeks to get from Pennsylvania to colorado. I work at the damn place they shipped it through! Lol

Anyway, I will begin filming the first portion of the review today after work for you all that are interested. I will post the link here after the editing is finished.

|

9/10/2018 11:27 AM

I don't need the link. I have the bell on. cool

|

9/10/2018 11:29 AM

jbales wrote:

I don't need the link. I have the bell on. cool

Lmaooooo samecool

|

9/10/2018 11:51 AM

Plz link so I can get to the bell and put it ontongue

|

9/10/2018 12:40 PM

Rabbe wrote:

Plz link so I can get to the bell and put it ontongue

Bulletpup's channel

And while you're at it,

My channel
|

9/11/2018 1:32 PM

Here is the link to the video!
Sorry for the low light and grainy video quality. I dont have time during the days to film usually.

|

9/11/2018 1:34 PM

Been there, done that.

|

9/11/2018 1:40 PM

jbales wrote:

Been there, done that.

Lmao same

|

9/12/2018 2:47 AM

I enjoyed the video Bullet, it was nice to see the products in more detail than just pictures on websites, especially when I'm looking at plastics and longer pegs. It was interesting seeing just how different the thickness of each was, those Daily Grind ones were mahoooosive!

Would definitely be interested in the budget one, as I really can't see how a cheaper peg can be any worse, it's a bloody piece of plastic that grinds on things.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

9/12/2018 5:15 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I enjoyed the video Bullet, it was nice to see the products in more detail than just pictures on websites, especially when I'm ...more

Much appreciated! Im going to try to get the testing done this sunday. Going to need a new tripod though. My other one broke a couple months ago while I was filming. Ill try to do a budget on if one of these videos do well.

|