Bmx Street Skills

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2016 3:21 AM

Hello vitalbmx I have a question,
The last time when i ride a bmx was about 8 years ago, few days ago i use again a bmx from a friend and i still have all basics, i'm 26 now and i love events, contest etc. where I live, there are 365 days a year sun, i can ride my bmx 12h a day in what can I specialize to make fast progress to go against others on a contest. I want to make no exaggerated stuff like heavy gaps, I want to do something with style. anyone can help me with tips ?

sorry about my english

|

6/23/2016 7:50 PM

I'd say if you're only riding so you can enter competition's, you're doing it for the wrong reason.
But if you can ride that often, progression should be quick. All you have to do is ride and you'll get better

|

6/23/2016 8:03 PM

it's all about repetition for muscle memory; getting strong to manipulate the bike and land; and guts to force you to the next level with a trick

I spent more than 2 hours tonight at the park just working on initiating fakies, getting height on my bunny hops, and starting to do 180's out of a bunny hop....it was a freakin blast! Probably not exciting for other s to watch, but I didn't care. (The park was empty cause it was threatening to rain...I LOVE an empty park)

with 12 hours a day to ride, you will move very quickly. I am jealous!!

As grumpySteve said, you gotta ride for fun first...if that gets you into competitions, and you like the competitive stuff, then great. Don't ride to impress other people, ride to impress yourself first!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/23/2016 9:38 PM

Thank you guys it was helpfull!

Well the last question, i know nothing about BMX hahaha, i was 12 years Skateboarder and had specialized on flat rails, ledges, handrails and vert ramps i know i only need few tricks and then comination. What can i do with the BMX ? I like to do with the bmx nose manuals (manuals) can i make a combination with flat rails, curbs, ledges ? where i live now there are no skateparks, just street street street and the next skatepark is 200km away! x)

Do you know a Professional Bmxer who made combination of manuals and rails ?

|

6/24/2016 3:36 AM

FelgeKaputt777 wrote:

Well the last question, i know nothing about BMX hahaha, i was 12 years Skateboarder and had ...more

Yup. Pretty much 60% of the BMX population do this, maybe even more. I'd say head to YouTube and search "X Games BMX Street" for a good overview of what it's like, I think this is exactly what you mean.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/24/2016 7:22 AM

For me, BMX compared to skateboarding is a sport based primarily on momentum. Use that momentum created by those wheels-they will ride what you think Zeus can ride on a skateboard. Its why I'm more into smooth, energy-transfer tricks.

However, that style is a bit out of style (excuse the pun) and now it is rather knurly ledges and hard cement stuff to grind on.

Coming from a skateboarding side, I would consider riding it really "streety". I would definitely recommend plastic pegs for some better slidin'. BMX needs a bit more upper-torso control than feet control as you would expect on skateboards. It's rather towards the upper body and the legs, but feet... NOt much...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

6/24/2016 9:13 PM

FelgeKaputt777 wrote:

Well the last question, i know nothing about BMX hahaha, i was 12 years Skateboarder and had ...more

I am the opposite. I have only been on a skateboard for like 3 seconds. It is weird to me that people think of BMX tricks as based in Skateboarding since I started with BMX, and thought that Skateboarders (back in the early 80's) were copying BMX tricks. Or more accurately, both activities were completely different.

I see it all now though having gotten back into it...and especially seeing the evolution through the 90's with the X games...where everything seems to have been influenced by skateboarding

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence