Bmx Workout?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/5/2019 10:17 PM

Never worked out a day in my life. My active lifestyle always kept me fit, so I never felt the need. Well I feel it now Mr. Krabs! I lost a good deal of muscle/strength after my accident. Need to rebuild myself.

So! Anyone have a solid workout routine I can follow Ideally something more tuned towards what we do on bikes. Stretches would be cool too because ya boi healed stiff ?

|

3/6/2019 2:08 AM

The best workout for BMX is to actually ride

|

3/6/2019 5:20 AM

Legs and back mainly

Stuff like box jumps, squat jumps, Romanian deadlifts, barbell and cable rows.

|

Hmmm

3/6/2019 6:10 AM

Ride more.

|

3/6/2019 6:21 AM

push ups

|

fack off

3/6/2019 7:07 AM

Lol! I get the riding more thing, duhhh, riding errday! To rebuild is a lil more complex than just riding bike though, therefore the gym. Also, why wouldnt I wana build that up faster n get even more fit than I was in the process?

|

3/6/2019 8:34 AM

I go swimming 3 nights a week at the local pool , it’s got a 1 meter springboard diving board I hit hard heavy to keep my muscles working through the long Canadian winter , lots of spinning flips and double flip rotations really gets the body working

|

3/6/2019 8:45 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I go swimming 3 nights a week at the local pool , it’s got a 1 meter springboard diving board I hit hard heavy to keep my muscles working through the long Canadian winter , lots of spinning flips and double flip rotations really gets the body working

^That.

Swimming is one of the best exercises you can do after an injury as it'll loosen the injury up and improve the strength without any major strain or impact(as you'd get with weightlifting or running).

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/6/2019 8:55 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I go swimming 3 nights a week at the local pool , it’s got a 1 meter springboard diving board I hit hard heavy to keep my muscles working through the long Canadian winter , lots of spinning flips and double flip rotations really gets the body working

Word! No board, but I do have a pool ?

|

3/6/2019 10:09 AM

Swimming, as mentioned.

Full body exercise. I've used fitnessblender.com to lose weight and keep in shape. There's everything from 5 minute warm ups to 90 minute HIIT exercises. There's one balance/bodyweight routine I do that makes me feel SO solid on the bike.

Check them out.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/6/2019 10:40 AM

I'm on board with the swimming.

|

3/6/2019 11:23 AM

Download the 5x5 StrongLifts app, it’s a great beginner workout routine that focuses on strength. Everything is all worked out for you in the app, so you don’t have to worry about anything, just follow the program and it tracks all your workouts for you.

|

Ride everything

3/6/2019 4:00 PM

Build your own trails would be my advice.

|

3/7/2019 4:49 AM

Did you end up going to physical therapy? If you did, keep doing those stretches and exercises. If you didn't, and you're feeling like you need further recovery from your accident, I strongly suggest PT.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

3/7/2019 6:44 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Build your own trails would be my advice.

This isn't terrible advice, but...building trails is pretty fuckin hard work. Any time I've done some real digging, by the time I'm done I can't ride laughing

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/7/2019 6:49 AM

Riding is the best suggestion so far. I know it's obvious, but you use your body completely differently while riding than you will anything else. Lifting weights isn't the same as hopping etc

|

3/7/2019 7:08 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Riding is the best suggestion so far. I know it's obvious, but you use your body completely differently while riding than you will anything else. Lifting weights isn't the same as hopping etc

While this is valid, I would suggest stretches and some other light cardio and even some weights etc if anything to help with loosening up/not hurting yourself.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/7/2019 9:55 AM

i was a semifinalist state waterpolo goalie and was in the best shape of my life. didnt make me ride any better. stop blaming the fact that you are bad at bikes on anything but the fact that you need to ride more and try harder when you ride /thread

|

13 years old

3/7/2019 11:28 AM

Krooked wrote:

i was a semifinalist state waterpolo goalie and was in the best shape of my life. didnt make me ride any better. stop blaming the fact that you are bad at bikes on anything but the fact that you need to ride more and try harder when you ride /thread


Jesus dude. Who poured coke in your headset?

Lol I’m not blaming anything. I can still do everything I did before, just not for as long and requires more effort. Its def a conditioning issue. Definitely a believer in technique>strength, but in a sport where were tossing around 27lbs of steel, it definitely wouldnt hurt to be stronger. I saw my post-accident fitness level as an opportunity to finally hit the gym. I ride bmx, so why not gear my workout (that id be doing regardless) towards my main active hobby? And what better place to ask than a bmx forum?
|

3/7/2019 12:11 PM

Krooked wrote:

i was a semifinalist state waterpolo goalie and was in the best shape of my life. didnt make me ride any better. stop blaming the fact that you are bad at bikes on anything but the fact that you need to ride more and try harder when you ride /thread

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:
Jesus dude. Who poured coke in your headset?

Lol I’m not blaming anything. I can still do everything I did before, just not for as long and requires more effort. Its def a conditioning issue. Definitely a believer in technique>strength, but in a sport where were tossing around 27lbs of steel, it definitely wouldnt hurt to be stronger. I saw my post-accident fitness level as an opportunity to finally hit the gym. I ride bmx, so why not gear my workout (that id be doing regardless) towards my main active hobby? And what better place to ask than a bmx forum?

welp mr know it all if you really wanted to work out you would do that instead of asking questions on here all day...

|

13 years old

3/7/2019 12:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2019 12:31 PM

Oh, also, if you feel any leg or back pain after riding, do yourself a favor and buy a Pso-Rite. I've been dealing with 3 slipped/bulging discs and one that is completely undetectable on MRI's and X-Rays for 9 years. Landed myself in the ER twice and was sent home with a bottle of free heroin and little more than a kick in the ass.

This thing has helped me get back to strength training, and is replacing my chiropractor slowly. (saving me HUNDREDS of dollars). I have people giving me all kinds of weird ass looks at the skatepark too, because after an hour or riding in freezing weather, my body just tends to seize up.

Pso-Rite


|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/8/2019 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2019 11:21 AM

Krooked wrote:

welp mr know it all if you really wanted to work out you would do that instead of asking questions on here all day...

you say you like freecoasters but youre really good at talking shit then backpedaling on it. sounds to me like youre an old and stupid cassette rider. i love seeing what you post. im def subbed to your profile and report everything. this is a troll free zone

edit:im totally a fuck up sorry sickdude keep trolling (thought you were some slime)

|

Bunny hop and take your thumbs off
Tuck no footer
Tuck no fingers
Fakie switch bunny hop
Nose manual 1 ruler - krookedude

3/8/2019 9:17 AM

shef wrote:

you say you like freecoasters but youre really good at talking shit then backpedaling on it. sounds to me like youre an old and stupid cassette rider. i love seeing what you post. im def subbed to your profile and report everything. this is a troll free zone

edit:im totally a fuck up sorry sickdude keep trolling (thought you were some slime)

Wrong thread laughing

Krooked/sickdude is probably best known for his trolling and I find it quite amusing.

Reporting everything he does is more likely to get you temp-banned for annoying the admins/mods.

If it's a "troll free zone", I guess that means about half of the people here should just up and leave laughing

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/8/2019 11:22 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Wrong thread laughing

Krooked/sickdude is probably best known for his trolling and I find it quite amusing.

Reporting everything he does is more likely to get you temp-banned for annoying the admins/mods.

If it's a "troll free zone", I guess that means about half of the people here should just up and leave laughing

yeah i like sickdudes work

|

Bunny hop and take your thumbs off
Tuck no footer
Tuck no fingers
Fakie switch bunny hop
Nose manual 1 ruler - krookedude

3/8/2019 12:20 PM

"troll free zone"

The lol's

|

3/8/2019 12:50 PM

Lifting a medicine ball up on a counter repeatedly is good. Also try squats or deadlifts to engage most of your muscles.

|

3/9/2019 7:30 PM

okay whatever this isn’t for OP because he is a fucking idiot but for ANYONE else who wants advice on “non-bmx” activities that get you “fit for bmx activities” i’d suggest buying a rockclimbing hangboard and spending 30 minutes a day playing around on it. who knows you might even hit a climbing gym too once or twice a month and find something to do when the weather is shit

|

13 years old

3/9/2019 7:30 PM

shef wrote:

you say you like freecoasters but youre really good at talking shit then backpedaling on it. sounds to me like youre an old and stupid cassette rider. i love seeing what you post. im def subbed to your profile and report everything. this is a troll free zone

edit:im totally a fuck up sorry sickdude keep trolling (thought you were some slime)

you don’t backpedal on a freecoaster dumbass

|

13 years old

3/9/2019 7:51 PM

Krooked wrote:

you don’t backpedal on a freecoaster dumbass

Photo .
|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/9/2019 9:31 PM

Nothing in the gym is really going to correlate directly to riding BMX. Just do a basic full body strength routine 2-3x a week. Aim to get stronger over time. There's a dozen message boards that give you more information on that, happy reading smile

|