Bmx bars

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2018 4:36 PM

So I’m going to buy new bars, but I’m debating between the fitbike hoodbird bars with a 9.5 inch rise, or the fitbike begin bars with a 9.42 rise. The hoodbird bars are 2 piece and the begin bars are 4 piece. I’m around 5’4 so what size do you think I should get, and 4 pc or 2 pc

|

8/10/2018 4:42 PM

This Question makes my Knee Injury Ache

BMX HANDLEBAR BUYING GUIDE

|

8/10/2018 5:03 PM

What size frame do you have that you need bars that big?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/10/2018 5:28 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

This Question makes my Knee Injury Ache

BMX HANDLEBAR BUYING GUIDE

This makes my wrist hurtsad

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/10/2018 5:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2018 5:31 PM

Dude. You're 5' 4"...

What rise do you run now?

|

8/10/2018 5:41 PM

Get Hoffman low drag or haro nyquist bars !

|

8/10/2018 6:01 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dude. You're 5' 4"...

|

8/10/2018 6:05 PM

Why do you need such big bars?

Also, one of your previous threads is asking for tips to bunnyhop higher so, here's one: taller bars make it harder to hop high!

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/10/2018 6:43 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dude. You're 5' 4"...

devlonmiles wrote:

How about this, ive got some Shadow Vultus 8.5" bars... $45 almost brand new. Get those, and if you have a topload stem, definitely get them...

|

8/10/2018 7:54 PM

Wait... Begin made his bars 9.420?

Photo

|

8/10/2018 8:32 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Also, one of your previous threads is asking for tips to bunnyhop higher so, here's one: ...more

I’ve heard some people say it is easier to pull up for bunny hops and manuals, but idk

|

8/10/2018 8:36 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Also, one of your previous threads is asking for tips to bunnyhop higher so, here's one: ...more

devlonmiles wrote:

I’ve heard some people say it is easier to pull up for bunny hops and manuals, but idk

Easier to pull up but you can't pull up as much because the bars get in your way which makes it a lot harder to get a high hop.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

8/11/2018 12:19 AM

I've been saying it for years and people are finally starting to agree with me! XD

Get some 8.5" bars and learn to pull up properly. Getting bars .25" higher won't make you automatically better at riding

|

8/11/2018 3:16 AM

All this stuff about buying new parts with different geometry to make it easier to do certain tricks is pretty much nonsense. You’ll get used to prettt much what ever you’re riding and half an inch more or less on the bars won’t have a very big impact on how high you can jump.

How ever, if you’re having problems with your back or wrists it’s another thing.
I have problems with both and went from 9” to 10” with a top load stem and it changed everything, no I can ride for hours without feeling any pain.
But it didn’t make me jump higher or lower or suck less at manuals!

|

8/11/2018 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2018 9:12 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I've been saying it for years and people are finally starting to agree with me! XD

Get some 8.5" bars and learn to pull up ...more

Definitely. I’m 5’8 with a front load stem and run 8.5 inch bars.

10 inch bars that are 30 inches wide are just silly. Doubly so if you’re not an enormous guy.

|

8/11/2018 9:21 AM

Just get a scooter.

|

8/11/2018 12:52 PM

I knew a kid was supposed to be riding an 18" for his height and he could 540 out of banks on a 20" . Fuck everyone saying parts are too big make you ride worse . I was doing better lines with 10" bars then people who rant about bar size

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/12/2018 6:56 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Get some 8.5" bars and learn to pull up ...more

Only reason I ride 9” is because I’m tall as hell and I’m already almost at the limit that my stem will go on my forks, honestly though anything above that is retarded for any discipline of bmx.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican