Bmx bike for the skatepark and vert?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2017 2:06 PM

Was wondering if certain completes are more for park use then street? Since I'm going to use my bike more for the vert, what brand tailors more towards that? Would a eastern shovelhead or KINK whip do fine for both vert and street?

|

10/19/2017 2:38 PM

Yeach those bikes would be fine the 2018 Fit Dugan Complete would be good becasue that's what Dugan rides street and bowls...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/19/2017 2:48 PM

Yeah what turned me off about the Dugan was the single wall wheels :/

|

10/19/2017 2:49 PM

So the bike I'm leaning towards at the moment and about to pull the trigger on is the KINK Whip

|

10/19/2017 3:01 PM

Yeah the Kink Whip wold be an awesome bike.. thats what I also didn't like very much about the Fit was it having single walls but for your riding you'll be best off with the Kink Whip I think becasue the Eastern Shovelhead is more tword just street I believe and the Whip seems to have a very good all around geometry... So yeah I'd go with the he Kink Whip...

|

10/19/2017 4:10 PM

The Dugan sig should not have single walls. Fit usually has 4 levels for thier pro signature completes, dugan1, Dugan 2, dugan3, Dugan sig. That's how they used to do it anyway. Look into it. Dugan is the man. That geo is perfect for your riding style.

|

10/19/2017 4:43 PM

Yeah the Fit Augie is the one that comes with double wall, there's only one Dugan that I see atleast and they both have revenge single, but the augie sig is 480 where the KINK whip is 410, I love the look of the fits but the KINK is the smarter choice I think, thanks guys for your input, I know I've been annoying last few days but atleast I narrowed it down to what I want now! This forum is great if I have any more questions I'll be back to ask for sure!

|

10/19/2017 6:28 PM

Mishinn! Where are you! This is your time to shine!

|

10/19/2017 6:45 PM

if you're riding vert you gotta get a condor frame lol

any bike will honestly work for anything now (minus flatland and race bikes) get the one you like and shred!!!!

|

It’s all bmx

10/19/2017 7:14 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

The Dugan sig should not have single walls. Fit usually has 4 levels for thier pro signature completes, dugan1, Dugan 2, ...more

No they did the level 1, 2, 3 and signature models last year... this year they don't but the 2018 Dugan Complete has single walls... the 2017 Fit Dugan Sig had double walls front and rear...

|

10/19/2017 7:42 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn! Where are you! This is your time to shine!

I'm here. Lol. The shovel has it all. Double wall rims, sealed hubs/bb, full chromo frame/fork/bars/cranks, etc... With great geometry. Just a great all around deal. & if you listen to bullet, the trans folks is spectacular!

|

10/19/2017 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 7:49 PM

26 minutes & . This could be yours for under 400. Lots of great parts & a great frame/fork. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Eastern-Grim-Reaper-BMX/222619534934

|

10/19/2017 7:57 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

26 minutes & . This could be yours for under 400. Lots of great parts & a great frame/fork. ...more

Why are you pimping for this bike so hard?

Here - I'll sell you my mothra for $250

Photo

|

10/19/2017 8:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2017 8:00 PM

I'm not... It's in his budget, has freecoaster wheelset great frame & parts, why not?

|

10/19/2017 8:03 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

26 minutes & . This could be yours for under 400. Lots of great parts & a great frame/fork. ...more

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Photo

How much for that kickstand?

|

10/19/2017 8:10 PM

Because it's a 2007 with an unreinforced seattube cutout . aka 90% of them will have cracked frames right at the bottom of the cutout.

Sorry - I know you're being helpful. I didn't mean to sound like an ass. I'll shut up now.

|

10/19/2017 8:12 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Hawaiian kids cup at no charge. lol

|

10/19/2017 8:16 PM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Photo

Bulletpup wrote:

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Hawaiian kids cup at no charge. lol

KOOL thanks for hooking it up!

Would it be out of place to say O YA.

Can you drink koolaid out of a hawaiian punch cup?

|

10/19/2017 9:44 PM

I can back the KINK Whip. Been running that frame for three years now. They've only gone up in quality, so my biased answer is go for it, haha.

Really, though, it's more about getting a good feel for riding. Many, many bikes out there that aren't 100% geared towards vert/steep transition will do just fine. It's more about the rider than the bike.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/20/2017 4:59 AM

readybmxer wrote:

I can back the KINK Whip. Been running that frame for three years now. They've only gone up in quality, so my biased answer is ...more

"Really, though, it's more about getting a good feel for riding. Many, many bikes out there that aren't 100% geared towards vert/steep transition will do just fine. It's more about the rider than the bike."

^^^ THIS ^^^

It really is more about the rider. There's no magic bike that will make you better. There may be a bike or bike setup that feels better for you (more roomy, less roomy, longer stays, shorter stays, Taller bars, shorter bars, etc...) but, in the end, the rider rides. Back in the early days, you rode whatever bike you raced on the weekends in the parks, on the trails, flatland, etc..;
|

10/20/2017 5:09 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote: "Really, though, it's more about getting a good feel for riding. Many, many bikes out there that aren't 100% geared towards ...more

definitely rode what you had for sure...no specializing! You rode what would take the beating the best. I rode my Supergoose on trails, at the races and in the culverts, as well as to school, on the street. There was really just one geometry...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/20/2017 5:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2017 5:18 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

definitely rode what you had for sure...no specializing! You rode what would take the beating the best. I rode my Supergoose ...more

Exactly. I started out on a Schwinn Scrambler. Moved up to a Mongoose Team Goose, then on to a Torker Maxflyte before falling in love with the PK Ripper. I ditched the Torker for the PK, then cracked the PK. & while they would have warrantied the Ripper, I traded frames with a guy for a Quadangle. Then moved up to a JMC 24. Then "Freestyle" was starting to become a specialty & I grabbed a Hutch Trickstar & later started owning several bikes at one time.... the Trickstar, the Decade Pro, an original introduction year Haro Master.... Shit, I can name all the bikes I ever owned! LOL.

P.S. Yeah, "one geometry"... whatever the bike you bought had.

|

10/20/2017 6:11 AM

|

It’s all bmx

10/20/2017 6:16 AM

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

10/20/2017 6:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2017 6:23 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Exactly. I started out on a Schwinn Scrambler. Moved up to a Mongoose Team Goose, then on to a Torker Maxflyte before falling ...more

man, you had a lot of bikes. I started on a Huffy Thunder Road. Got the Mongoose Supergoose in 81. It got stolen 6 months later. I rode friends bikes after that till I got a used Motomag in 82. Rode that through high school, and it finally broke: i bent the head tube via the steering tube breaking and coming through the headtube after a misplaced landing, and unintentional "nose manual" off of a 12 foot dirt jump. I don't know how I survived it, but I came out literally unscathed. By the damage of the bike, you would have thought I was in the hospital.

Replaced it with an '88 Californian Pro, that I still have and use today. All of my friends had Redlines or Hutch. Very few Haro's, DK's etc. I was the only one with a Mongoose.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

10/20/2017 7:48 AM

Trying to pick the right bike is more of a durability kinda thing, you can have fun and ride anything, but not anything will take beating

|

10/20/2017 8:11 AM

Manny Perez wrote:

Trying to pick the right bike is more of a durability kinda thing, you can have fun and ride anything, but not anything will ...more

Honestly, there are a lot of great bikes out there. The facts are as follows:

1.) Full Chromoly frame, fork, bars, cranks & sealed bearings will be your best bet & most durable.
2.) The above is all available for around $400 new.
3.) You can also get the above much cheaper used (& probably should).

My suggestion would be to get a used Chromoly bike with as many of the above listed things as you can (initially) within your price range. As you progress (or break things) upgrade. I honestly think you can get an outstanding, long-term, reliable bike used.

If, however, you really want to buy new (for whatever your reason) the bikes everyone mentioned will serve you well.

Bama
Shovelhead
Fit VHS
Mongoose

They'll all do well by you & you can do the "upgrade as you go" thing there too (which you'll find is the norm/addiction).

Whatever you choose, be sure to post it in the Bike Check area!

|

10/20/2017 11:09 AM

Thanks!

|