Bmx brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2017 9:56 AM

I'm fairly new to bmx and I like to run brakes because I ride dirt jumps, but my brakes keep slipping. The piece. In this image, even when tightened fully still slips. Any help would be appreciated.Photo

|

8/28/2017 10:01 AM

It's definitely not fully tightened if it's slipping. Are you using 2 wrenches? If you are, I guess you need someone stronger to tighten it. Not trying to be a dick, but that's the only way that could slip. It's not tight enough.

|

8/28/2017 10:21 AM

Yeah, doesn't really seem fully tightened

This is how fully tightened looks, but don't do it like this, mine will break soon
Photo

You can get one of these KHE triangles

|

8/28/2017 10:41 AM

yea you need to tighten those bolts until your cable squishes down to almost flat , its still round from what i can see...

|

8/28/2017 12:34 PM

Maybe try adding a washer in over the top of the cable. The bolt/nut could be bottoming out and not holding well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/28/2017 1:11 PM

Just tighten it more but not an excessive amount or youll strip it. You may need to get a new one, or find a well worn one off another bike

|