Bmx brand stereotypes?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2017 8:24 AM

I've been wondering about this, what are some stereotypes(true or untrue) and brand mentalities that you've heard of.
For example people who are die hard Cult are just trying to be trendy or Stranger was core (before LZ) etc.

|

9/16/2017 9:38 AM

Like whatever brand you want and ride whatever you want! I myself would never discriminate against anyone riding a particular brand. Just ride

|

9/16/2017 9:51 AM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Like whatever brand you want and ride whatever you want! I myself would never discriminate against anyone riding a particular brand. Just ride

Reposting for emphasis. Stereotypes are fucking stupid.

|

9/16/2017 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2017 9:56 AM

Unless its mafia bikes... Never ride mafia bikes... (Sorry it was too easy and I had too)

|

9/16/2017 10:00 AM

Since were talking stereotypes, I bet everyone here rememers the old "EASTERN SUCKS, EVERYTHING EASTERN WILL BREAK 100% OF THE TIME" nonsense back in like 2010-2014

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

9/16/2017 10:10 AM

seanthemechanic wrote:

No, I have a custom complete already and I don't care about stereotypes, this question is for entertainment.

|

9/16/2017 10:10 AM

seanthemechanic wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Reposting for emphasis. Stereotypes are fucking stupid.

Like i said, I ride what I want this is just for fun.

|

9/16/2017 10:46 AM

I'm picking up what OP is putting down, so fuck it I'll have some fun with this.

BOB bars pretty much guarantee a good or at least interesting rider.

People who ride Sundays are either really good at tech or blow in general.

Sub-13" CS, 9"+ bars, 4 pegs and a freecoaster tell me pretty much exactly how someone rides, without too much variation.

People whom'st've buy Fit stock bikes quit after about a year of riding. Dont ask me why but I've seen it multiple times.

|

9/16/2017 11:03 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I'm picking up what OP is putting down, so fuck it I'll have some fun with this.

BOB bars pretty much guarantee a good or at least interesting rider.

People who ride Sundays are either really good at tech or blow in general.

Sub-13" CS, 9"+ bars, 4 pegs and a freecoaster tell me pretty much exactly how someone rides, without too much variation.

People whom'st've buy Fit stock bikes quit after about a year of riding. Dont ask me why but I've seen it multiple times.

The bike set up one. They all do half a crank at most at anything and do a pull up bar after landing a grind on a foot tall ledge. And sometimes look at the camera during the pull up bar.

I believe in supporting the brands that have been around a while and put back into the scene. Fbm hecking rules!

|

9/16/2017 11:53 AM

Photo

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

9/16/2017 12:48 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Photo

also accurate

|

9/17/2017 7:56 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Photo

Super-Pawl wrote:

also accurate

I'd ride the fuck outta some bob bars if I could get my hands on a pair.

Also @ Paul, I started riding nearly 3 years ago on a fit complete. No thoughts of quitting anytime soon

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

9/17/2017 6:22 PM

Tennis ball.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/18/2017 3:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2017 3:51 AM

heck yeah, i love stereotypes

the “sporty”/sensible/boring guys
(similar to "the mountainbike guys" but in bmx)

- ODI Barends
- Maxxis Tires with the yellow logo not blacked
(KHE Mac or Tiago tires work as well)
- FOX Clothing shirts in size M
- wearing gloves
- beeing not averse drinking monster/rockstar/…
- getting uncomfortable when people next to them smoke some

they’re mostly quiet good when it comes to trick ability,
but huge lack of creativity and style/flow

|

IG: @_almost_crook

9/18/2017 6:02 PM

I hear khe still owes Daniel dhers money

I also hear stranger doesn't pay their riders

|

9/18/2017 10:55 PM

booze wrote:

heck yeah, i love stereotypes

the “sporty”/sensible/boring guys
(similar to "the mountainbike guys" but in bmx)

- ODI Barends
- Maxxis Tires with the yellow logo not blacked
(KHE Mac or Tiago tires work as well)
- FOX Clothing shirts in size M
- wearing gloves
- beeing not averse drinking monster/rockstar/…
- getting uncomfortable when people next to them smoke some

they’re mostly quiet good when it comes to trick ability,
but huge lack of creativity and style/flow

These guys, they have an "athlete" instagram account and follow you, like a few of your pics without even looking at them in the hope you'll follow them back, then unfollow you, so they've always got more followers. A lot of them really like oil slick parts. And they all look/ride the same.
They sometimes wear a baggy raglan.

They can all do multiple tailwhip tricks, but non of them can make a hop look nice.

|

9/19/2017 12:35 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

These guys, they have an "athlete" instagram account and follow you, like a few of your pics without even looking at them in the hope you'll follow them back, then unfollow you, so they've always got more followers. A lot of them really like oil slick parts. And they all look/ride the same.
They sometimes wear a baggy raglan.

They can all do multiple tailwhip tricks, but non of them can make a hop look nice.

Yeah I dont waste my time on following these guys back, fuck em

|