Bmx freestyle size for 9 yearsold

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2020 6:27 AM

Hi all!
I'm a mom of 8,5-year-old boy Noah who is passionate about BMX. He is doing Bmx race on tracks but wants to start with freestyle Bmx as well to do tricks at skateparks as a beginner level and I need to buy him a bike soon.

I'm confused about the size tough as different shops suggested different sizes for him from 16'' to 20'' ( United Jr 18,5 tube size for his size) so wanted to check here, if there is an expert who can suggest the best size for him to start and maybe the best brand to start with as well.

He is 1m36cm tall and his inner leg is 63 cm.

Thank you.
Sinem

|

8/27/2020 9:44 AM

Sinem wrote:

Hi all!
I'm a mom of 8,5-year-old boy Noah who is passionate about BMX. He is doing Bmx race on tracks but wants to start with freestyle Bmx as well to do tricks at skateparks as a beginner level and I need to buy him a bike soon.

I'm confused about the size tough as different shops suggested different sizes for him from 16'' to 20'' ( United Jr 18,5 tube size for his size) so wanted to check here, if there is an expert who can suggest the best size for him to start and maybe the best brand to start with as well.

He is 1m36cm tall and his inner leg is 63 cm.

Thank you.
Sinem

18 inch should work. My 7 year old is on 18 but it's big for her even with seat all the way down.

|

8/27/2020 9:51 AM

Hi Sinem.
For his age and size a 20" may be on the heavy side for attempting tricks. My 7 year old (120cm) rides a 16" and has progressed very well with it because it's light and he can manoeuvre it easily. I'd say either a 16" or 18" could be good to start off with.

|

8/27/2020 6:13 PM

geezabmx wrote:

Hi Sinem.
For his age and size a 20" may be on the heavy side for attempting tricks. My 7 year old (120cm) rides a 16" and has progressed very well with it because it's light and he can manoeuvre it easily. I'd say either a 16" or 18" could be good to start off with.

very helpful thank you.

|