Bmx inventions

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2013 11:10 PM

I had an idea, a piv seat that has a keyhole in it that can open up for storage! Like blunts and money and shit. Or medal pedals with foam pin tips on non grind side. Or just foam tipped jcpc tips

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/26/2013 11:14 PM

foam would rip off... and the seat would be weak or really heavy or not comfy at all

|

6/26/2013 11:20 PM

Alright one, foam tips would be gone from the pedals in minutes of riding, no matter what type. Maybe rubber, like a little condom on it kinda. but thicker. still a silly idea, JCPCs are gonna kill your shins one way or another. And idk about you, but i dont want things jingling around inside my seat. and this seat would probably have to be huge to fit anything, but im sure it can be done. Not actually that bad an idea if there were a bit more to it. I myself would have a seat with a few tools kinda built into it under a cover of foam. like the base would be made up of tools so you could fix stuff (spokes, chain tension, stem slipping, etc.) little stuff that can go wrong when you ride. Like itd have an extendable adjustable wrench, a 6 and 8 mmm allen key, a small spoke wrench. That i could see actually being done. And Banned makes a place for you to keep your blunts... lol its a stash cap. I think its silly, but tools in my seat i may buy. The seat could be normal sized and the base could have like a few places for each tool to be hooked into. idk just an idea.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/26/2013 11:32 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Alright one, foam tips would be gone from the pedals in minutes of riding, no matter what type. Maybe rubber, like a little condom on it kinda. but thicker. still a silly idea, JCPCs are gonna kill your shins one way or another. And idk about you, but i dont want things jingling around inside my seat. and this seat would probably have to be huge to fit anything, but im sure it can be done. Not actually that bad an idea if there were a bit more to it. I myself would have a seat with a few tools kinda built into it under a cover of foam. like the base would be made up of tools so you could fix stuff (spokes, chain tension, stem slipping, etc.) little stuff that can go wrong when you ride. Like itd have an extendable adjustable wrench, a 6 and 8 mmm allen key, a small spoke wrench. That i could see actually being done. And Banned makes a place for you to keep your blunts... lol its a stash cap. I think its silly, but tools in my seat i may buy. The seat could be normal sized and the base could have like a few places for each tool to be hooked into. idk just an idea.

Imagine a lockbox, in the shape of a fat seat, with foam at the top. And it'll be rad. And idgaf if shit jiggles in the seat.

|

I ride for my papou.

6/26/2013 11:33 PM

Instead of foam tips, why not plastic coated pins? Kinda like the eclat pegs. Would be expensive as fuck though.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/26/2013 11:35 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Instead of foam tips, why not plastic coated pins? Kinda like the eclat pegs. Would be expensive as fuck though.

Thats an amazing idea!!!!

|

I ride for my papou.

6/26/2013 11:36 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

SickDude wrote:

Why not just buy some shinguards?

|

6/26/2013 11:37 PM

SickDude wrote:

Haha, thanks. Just make them round tipped and they should be good. smile

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

6/26/2013 11:42 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Haha, thanks. Just make them round tipped and they should be good. smile

What about the seat idea... Do you like it? Anything wron with it?

|

I ride for my papou.

6/26/2013 11:45 PM

SickDude wrote:

What about the seat idea... Do you like it? Anything wron with it?

I'm more of a fan of simple yet effective things, but I don't see why I wouldn't work. But it would be difficult to make it comfortable and strong and such.

I'm actually thinking about going and getting some clay or something and modelling a seat I've been thinking of for awhile. :p

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

6/26/2013 11:51 PM

SickDude wrote:

Imagine a lockbox, in the shape of a fat seat, with foam at the top. And it'll be rad. And idgaf if shit jiggles in the seat.

Idk dude, maybe if the inside of the seat was like coated in foam too. But i doubt a lockbox is necessary for everytime you ride at all. I think tools would be more important. if the underside of my seat could hold 2 allen keys, an adjustable wrench, and a spoke wrench, id be happy. Anything else really isnt necessary. And what on earth else do you need when you ride really? idk, but if you wanna keep your blunts somewhere, get the banned stash cap. Thats kinda silly to start haha, but whatever. I feel like this is one of those things that wouldnt catch on because one, it wouldnt keep stuff well, and 2 the seat would be crap really. itd either be bulky and retarded, or normal size, just hard as shit. If you can maybe draw it or something, maybe i could get what you mean.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/26/2013 11:52 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm more of a fan of simple yet effective things, but I don't see why I wouldn't work. But it would be difficult to make it comfortable and strong and such.

I'm actually thinking about going and getting some clay or something and modelling a seat I've been thinking of for awhile. :p

Dude.... Radical! Is it pivital?

|

I ride for my papou.

6/27/2013 12:00 AM

Take a fat seat, insert a tube through the nose and into the pivotal chamber.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/27/2013 12:03 AM

SickDude wrote:

Yep... This might be a long post lol.

I'm basing my ideas off my Tree Slim seat I have so it might be hard to explain. First off, the pivotal base is moved up on the seat, which shortens the nose and makes it stronger and stiffer. It also sets the seat back a bit which I think is a bit more comfortable, but doesn't look as ugly as an offset post. Then, the nose of the base is dropped down, which I think will allow me to create a stronger nose. Whether I'm just tired or whether that's actually true, well, we'll find out soon haha. Then more foam is added on the nose to keep the top looking regular, and also making landing on your nose not suck as bad. The middle section is the thinnest, a bit thicker than my Tree Slim seat. The back part is real thick, like Tree Fat thick. Obviously for comfort. The rear is ergonomically shaped like the Tree Fat, too. Then the whole seat is widened up by at least 1 cm on each side so there's more to sit on. And I just got another idea. Have two layers of foam, one more dense at the bottom, and one really soft on the top, separated by a thin layer of fabric or something. The soft foam will increase comfort just sitting, and the denser foam will prevent hitting the base when you sit or land on your seat. And then the entire seat is sent to Native, and it will be covered in black deer hide with only a slit for the bolt.

It all adds up to the most expensive pivotal seat of all time. smile

Probably forgot some details and got stuff wrong but I'm really tired haha.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

6/27/2013 9:12 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

SickDude wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Yep... This might be a long post lol.

I'm basing my ideas off my Tree Slim seat I have so it might be hard to explain. First off, the pivotal base is moved up on the seat, which shortens the nose and makes it stronger and stiffer. It also sets the seat back a bit which I think is a bit more comfortable, but doesn't look as ugly as an offset post. Then, the nose of the base is dropped down, which I think will allow me to create a stronger nose. Whether I'm just tired or whether that's actually true, well, we'll find out soon haha. Then more foam is added on the nose to keep the top looking regular, and also making landing on your nose not suck as bad. The middle section is the thinnest, a bit thicker than my Tree Slim seat. The back part is real thick, like Tree Fat thick. Obviously for comfort. The rear is ergonomically shaped like the Tree Fat, too. Then the whole seat is widened up by at least 1 cm on each side so there's more to sit on. And I just got another idea. Have two layers of foam, one more dense at the bottom, and one really soft on the top, separated by a thin layer of fabric or something. The soft foam will increase comfort just sitting, and the denser foam will prevent hitting the base when you sit or land on your seat. And then the entire seat is sent to Native, and it will be covered in black deer hide with only a slit for the bolt.

It all adds up to the most expensive pivotal seat of all time. smile

Probably forgot some details and got stuff wrong but I'm really tired haha.

If you're planning on putting it in to production it will have to have the little Plastic bit with the Pivotal logo over the Bolt, for copyright reasons.

And have a good Stem idea. It will have a hinge like the Odyssey Lincoln, but it will replace the front two bolts. the back bolts on the faceplate will go in to the Stem at an angle, so they press against a wedge, which presses against the Steerer Tube, thus eliminating the need for the Steerer Tube bolts. This means it will only need two bolts. I know the Odyssey Elementary only needs one, but I think my idea is less complicated, although admittedly it is still fairly complicated.

I also think 48H Wheels with Double Butted Spokes would be a good idea, as it will be around the same strength as a normal 36h Wheel, and around the same weight, but the strength will be more evenly distributed. Probably wouldn't make a notable difference and it means it will cost more overall for Spokes but still.

I also have an idea for a set of Bars. They will be like normal Bars, but instead of an ordinary crossbar, a Bar will come from one side of where the crossbar normally is, and will go down to by the bottom bend on the other side of the Bar. There will then be a Bar from the other side of where the crossbar would be to the middle of this bar, and then a bar form the middle to the other bottom bend, creating a cross shape. The purpose of this is for Flatland, as it means there will be more room for foot over the bar tricks, and it wouldn't weaken the Bars as far as I can see (But it won't be any stronger).

My final idea is a Frame with two sets of Removable Cable Guides, one on each side of the toptube, like older Gyro specific Frames. This means that you can use both sides for optimum Gyro performance (The cables don't have to join), or with a Straight Cable, the Cable can go into the Guides on the opposite side that it went round the Bars with/ the side the lever is (if that makes sense. This will make for slightly better Brake peformance.

|

6/27/2013 10:12 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

SickDude wrote:

like i said on ps3. what its like putting a pillow on someones face and then punching them.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/27/2013 11:25 AM

pegs with screw on spiked tips so when a group of people try to steel your bike you can kill the shit out of them with it

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/27/2013 11:26 AM

Nope, I like my shit simple.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/27/2013 11:52 AM

Y'all dont think it is simple? Lol its pretty much a hollow seat. With a hinge on thw back that makes it fold up and a lock on the nose so your shit doesnt go flying everywhere.

|

I ride for my papou.

6/27/2013 12:13 PM

also with such pegs you could ice pick things by stabbing into it pretty rad

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/27/2013 12:35 PM

SickDude wrote:

Y'all dont think it is simple? Lol its pretty much a hollow seat. With a hinge on thw back that makes it fold up and a lock on the nose so your shit doesnt go flying everywhere.

i don't really think that idea of the seat is necessary they already have the stash cap so why make a seat?

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/27/2013 12:39 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

i don't really think that idea of the seat is necessary they already have the stash cap so why make a seat?

A lotta people son't have the right kinda fork for that shit. And also that shit is expensive

|

I ride for my papou.

6/27/2013 12:44 PM

SickDude wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

SickDude wrote:

A lotta people son't have the right kinda fork for that shit. And also that shit is expensive

im sure the seat would be a lot more expensive...

and really uncomfortable especially if like you said it would be like a lock box with foam on it, that would hurt if you landed hard on it and you would have to add a shit ton of foam to make it soft

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

6/27/2013 1:18 PM

SickDude wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

those stash caps are junk can't stash shit in there plus dans and almost every other maill order listed the wrong thread size when it first droped only reason i bought that thing, sent that shit back asap

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/27/2013 1:55 PM

Pedal Idea is fucking dumb. Be a pussy and run plastics with shin guards instead.

The seat idea is also pretty bad. It just would t work well it will rattle around, extra weight, if you slam the thing will blow open and leave you with extra things to pick up or pick out of yourself.

48's with double butted spokes are well stronger than the best set up 36 spoke wheels so that's not an invention

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/27/2013 2:07 PM

Gump wrote:

Pedal Idea is fucking dumb. Be a pussy and run plastics with shin guards instead.

The seat idea is also pretty bad. It just would t work well it will rattle around, extra weight, if you slam the thing will blow open and leave you with extra things to pick up or pick out of yourself.

48's with double butted spokes are well stronger than the best set up 36 spoke wheels so that's not an invention

Lol. All grumpy its a rad idea and tou are just mad that i came up with those ideas first. I will bet you guys 30$ that cult will steal my idea lol

|

I ride for my papou.

6/27/2013 5:48 PM

Why not just modify the back end underneath most seats that are available already? Just enclose the whole back half with a plastic box and put some sort of locking mechanism that won't pop open while landing tricks. I can already see how it would be possible looking at my Odyssey Senior 2 seat right now, and it looks like it'd be able to hold at least an 8th of bud, couple house/lock keys, and/or possibly a short arm allen wrench for cranks, stem, etc, or whatever else you may not want to lose. Bigger seats would obviously yield more space, but either way this would have to be done like Ohioan said by strengthening the nose half and all the way down to the box itself. Only problem would be that the box may or may not hang below the seat where it was visible based on how much space you really wanted. Guess it wouldn't exactly work for anyone that's a vagina about 8oz of added weight, but it definitely looks possible and would be a good idea! Lol

And once again the shit that one kid posted is retarded, so I'll take the high road and not offer my 2 cents.

|

6/27/2013 7:03 PM

Or you can use the pockets in your jeans or carry a backpack.

|

6/27/2013 7:34 PM

brianoob wrote:

Or you can use the pockets in your jeans or carry a backpack.

This i think pockets are doing there job just fine

|

Murica bike check

6/27/2013 8:33 PM

Gump wrote:

SickDude wrote:

Lol. All grumpy its a rad idea and tou are just mad that i came up with those ideas first. I will bet you guys 30$ that cult will steal my idea lol

Your mum should have swallowed you

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.