Bmx model help

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2020 12:09 AM

Hi, can anyone tell me more about my brothers old BMX? I've tried searching BMX 10 and can't find this model anywhere! Is it worth restoring or beyond help now? Would really be nice to know what it is and if i can get parts? Photo

|

8/9/2020 12:10 AM

|

8/9/2020 7:05 AM

try searching whatever it written on the top tube pad...?

|

8/9/2020 7:29 AM

|

8/9/2020 7:51 AM

It actually says BMX 16

|

8/9/2020 8:52 AM

84 raleigh mini burner.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

8/9/2020 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/9/2020 10:45 AM

It certainly looks like a Mini Burner though this is the first time I've seen one without the Burner/Mini Burner specific decal designs. There appear to be others out there with the 'bmx 16' decals but I can't work out what separates this model from the more easily identifiable example in the link above.
I loved my Mini Burner. Happy days. šŸ˜Š

|

8/9/2020 11:14 AM

OK,I just triple checked....

The bike from the museum is miss dated. (notice the head tube gusset.)

This is the bike I matched to the OP's bike.

Photo

So it is a 84 burner mini. tongue

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

8/9/2020 2:27 PM

The seat is almost as long as the top tube lol

|

8/9/2020 3:16 PM

Bloghogs thank you so much for taking the time to find out for me. Probably not worth all the effort to restore but good to know. Thank you, your help is appreciated!

|

8/10/2020 5:25 AM

sarahb wrote:

Bloghogs thank you so much for taking the time to find out for me. Probably not worth all the effort to restore but good to know. Thank you, your help is appreciated!

All depends on the end goal.

I am restoring a 72 Schwinn that my wife's grampa was planning to restore years ago. He passed away and it was given to me.

It's not really worth a lot, but it is a labor of love. Plus, most of what it needed was a good cleaning. Looks like your bike could use a good cleaning and fresh grease and it would make a huge difference and be cheap if you can do it yourself or know someone who can.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/10/2020 4:36 PM

Three piece cranks, and a bash guard on the sprocket..

That lil guy was ahead of it's time..

Tires/tubes and chain lube/wire brush and it's good to go probably...

|

8/10/2020 5:33 PM

Iā€™d be over it like a rash for my little guy. Hard to get decent kids bikes.

|

8/10/2020 6:14 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Raleighs/British bikes had 3 piece cranks.I have an old Raleigh banana bike frame and an Oxford ā€œMxā€ style frame (20ā€ w/ dual rear shocks) and both of them have 3 piece cranks Pretty cool

|

8/11/2020 4:28 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Just make sure the brush is a SOFT bristle setup otherwise it'll mangle the paint.

If anything, cleaner, rags, your hands and an old toothbrush would do the trick.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/11/2020 4:31 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Just make sure the brush is a SOFT bristle setup otherwise it'll mangle the paint.

If anything, cleaner, rags, your hands and an old toothbrush would do the trick.

Certainly... I was just saying a wire brush for the chain.. In my head picturing a little brass one similar to a tooth brush..

|

8/11/2020 11:37 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Certainly... I was just saying a wire brush for the chain.. In my head picturing a little brass one similar to a tooth brush..

For sure, just wanted to clarify for someone who might not understand.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura