Bmx problem Stuck cranks/ chain

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2016 11:34 AM

Hello im new in the world of bmx, today I was practicing bmx, and was doing a manuever stretched my legs and the cranks get stuck and i falls, and now when I'm trying to do some maneuver is the same happens, but only sometimes.
Need help plz

|

9/23/2016 12:44 PM

Is your chain tight? Are your cranks loose? If you can, post a picture.

|

9/23/2016 12:48 PM

Could be a few things. Is there excessive play in your rear wheel? Could your rim be touching your brake or frame? Are the wheel nuts tight?

|

9/23/2016 12:50 PM

are you trying to fakie?

|

9/23/2016 2:01 PM

Rust, yes i sart to fakie today and this happen to me! But i can seend some pictures tomorrow

|

9/23/2016 3:33 PM

Does it only happen when you try to fakie? Sounds like you just need to back pedal more. Or is that too obvious?

|

9/23/2016 3:58 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Does it only happen when you try to fakie? Sounds like you just need to back pedal more. Or is that too obvious?

Haha that is pretty obvious. If his riding/knowledge of bikes is as bad as his spelling that might be the case.

|

9/23/2016 3:58 PM

Sorry, was that a little harsh?

|

9/23/2016 4:31 PM

Senakl wrote:

Rust, yes i sart to fakie today and this happen to me! But i can seend some pictures tomorrow

do you pedal backwards when you fakie?

|

9/23/2016 5:44 PM

Senakl wrote:

Rust wrote:

do you pedal backwards when you fakie?

yes i pedal backwards but i was lerning sad can i do something to not happening again ?

|

9/23/2016 6:15 PM

I did fakie correctly, but next i was doing banny hop, but when i went with speed was something that was holding the cranks, which forced me to pedal forward, and now when i try to not pedal sometimes the cranks force me to pedal forward, and i need to kick the cranks back to unlock the cranks

|

9/23/2016 7:14 PM

English little ? Pictures needed

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/23/2016 10:52 PM

It's potentially a problem with your driver. What wheel do you have? Does it sound horrible and make a popping sound if you spin your cranks backwards?

|

9/24/2016 6:41 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It's potentially a problem with your driver. What wheel do you have? Does it sound horrible and make a popping sound if you ...more

yes, when i spin the cranks backwards a popping sound occurs, and unlock the cranks and i can spin the cranks backwards normally, the problem is that the cranks block forward very often.
i will send some pictures.
Thank you for your help

|

9/24/2016 8:33 AM

Either bottom bracket bearings or driver/wheel bearings. If it's anything to do with the wheel I'd recomment replacing the whole wheel as the inside of the hub and cones are probably all worn. If it's the bb, I'd recommend upgrading to sealed bearings (I'm assuming their unsealed, as this is a common problem with unsealed bearings).

Check for side to side play in your cranks and rear wheel

|

9/24/2016 10:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2016 10:07 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Either bottom bracket bearings or driver/wheel bearings. If it's anything to do with the wheel I'd recomment replacing the ...more

Photo

Photo

|

9/24/2016 10:09 AM

Photo

|