Bmx trails in Pittsburgh

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2015 8:53 PM

Does anyone know of any BMX trails in the pittsburgh area? I only know of 2 spots that are rideable as of now and want to check out some other places, I just can't seem to find any

|

5/6/2015 8:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2015 9:00 PM

Monroeville, gotta get invited though. Just ride the park at night and you WILL find people who have hook ups at trails.

I'm real close to you dude actually, I ride the Pittsburgh area real often. The Wheelmill, Imperial Skatepark, Pitcher Memorial Skatepark, South Park Skatepark and race track, etc.

The north hills public bmx trails are decent I believe too, never been there though. There are tons of dudes that kill trails out there, so just try to talk to them and make sure they know you won't fuck the trails and you'll help out and they'll like you, I'm sure. Just be cool lol

Hopefully we can meet up sometime around there.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/7/2015 6:30 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Monroeville, gotta get invited though. Just ride the park at night and you WILL find people who have hook ups at trails.

I'm ...more

I go to all of those skateparks too so I've probably seen you before. I mostly skate at parks though I like riding dirt a lot more than parks for bmx. I heard of Monroeville trails but like you said you gotta be invited. If you find any trails nearby let me know and we can ride on day!

|

5/7/2015 6:58 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I'm ...more

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

I go to all of those skateparks too so I've probably seen you before. I mostly skate at parks though I like riding dirt a lot ...more

Totally dude. I'm actually gonna be starting some out in Bethany in the woods somewhere, It's gonna be rad. I got a few places I wanna make em. So hopefully by mid summer I will have a lot of new stuff to ride and have plenty of people out.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/7/2015 8:17 AM

I ALWAYS suggest digging for a FULL DAY to help out, THEN riding when you are new to trails. It's a terrible experience for the trail builders to let someone come out and that someone trashes the place.

DIG BEFORE YOU RIDE.

PICK UP ALL YOUR TRASH.

FIX DAMAGE YOU CREATED.

HELP OUT.

DON'T BRING PEOPLE THERE WITHOUT THE OKAY OF THE MAIN BUILDERS.

Obviously these are for more private or hidden trails, but the rules work all around.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/7/2015 9:03 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Totally dude. I'm actually gonna be starting some out in Bethany in the woods somewhere, It's gonna be rad. I got a few places ...more

Where's Bethany at? I'm down to help if its not that far from me. And maybe on day you would wanna check out these trails I usually ride. There's like 4 different lines but only 2 are currently running. It's a pain in the ass working by yourself sometimes so I always need help

|

5/8/2015 5:45 AM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

I go to all of those skateparks too so I've probably seen you before. I mostly skate at parks though I like riding dirt a lot ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Totally dude. I'm actually gonna be starting some out in Bethany in the woods somewhere, It's gonna be rad. I got a few places ...more

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Where's Bethany at? I'm down to help if its not that far from me. And maybe on day you would wanna check out these trails I ...more

Totally, I'll be making a trip up there once I'm done with all the work I have.

It's like an hour away from Pittsburgh (if you don't take toll roads, from the center of the city). But Really it's not that far.

What are the trails like? I'm definitely down to help, I love trails and always wanna ride em.

My jumps were torn down that I had so I'm starting bigger and better in the woods now.

|

5/8/2015 7:39 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

It's like an hour away from Pittsburgh (if ...more

Sweet. And they're not to bad. there's 4 different lines but they need some work. ive been the only one riding them the past year since I found them. There's like 4-6 jumps in each line but they flow really well. There's a few berms that need built back up. When I go up today ill take some pictures

|

5/8/2015 7:44 AM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Where's Bethany at? I'm down to help if its not that far from me. And maybe on day you would wanna check out these trails I ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Sweet. And they're not to bad. there's 4 different lines but they need some work. ive been the only one riding them the past ...more

Definitely dude, If you can get me some decent directions i'm down to bring some shovels and maybe a few dudes to help and ride.

I just gotta get my license next week, I have been putting it off because school is ending and I wanted to focus on exams and stuff.

|

5/8/2015 11:51 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Sweet. And they're not to bad. there's 4 different lines but they need some work. ive been the only one riding them the past ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Definitely dude, If you can get me some decent directions i'm down to bring some shovels and maybe a few dudes to help and ...more

Sick dude. If you could bring some people that would be perfect! And do you mind me asking how old are you haha

|

5/8/2015 12:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2015 12:03 PM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Definitely dude, If you can get me some decent directions i'm down to bring some shovels and maybe a few dudes to help and ...more

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Sick dude. If you could bring some people that would be perfect! And do you mind me asking how old are you haha

18, Almost 19. Like a month til I'm 19. How about you? A few dudes i ride with are in their 20s though haha

|

5/8/2015 12:05 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

18, Almost 19. Like a month til I'm 19. How about you? A few dudes i ride with are in their 20s though haha

I'm 17 and there was a few dudes in their 20s helping us out for a little but they all joined the marines so I'm kinda on my own now

|

5/8/2015 12:08 PM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

I'm 17 and there was a few dudes in their 20s helping us out for a little but they all joined the marines so I'm kinda on my ...more

Dang, well we aren't far off in age then. haha Sick. FInally meeting people on here that are close and ready to ride. haha

Maybe we can meet at a skatepark too one of these days.

What sort of bike do you have?

|

5/8/2015 2:28 PM

I built a custom Photo

|

5/8/2015 2:35 PM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

I built a custom Photo

How long does it take you to get to South Park skatepark?

|

5/8/2015 2:58 PM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

I built a custom Photo

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Heck yeah dude, I love that. It's probably light as it gets too. Always fun.

I have a custom Funday with mostly Odyssey, Tree, and Gsport parts.

Southpark's the hardest to get to just because of the way to get in.

Roughly an hour and 15 minutes depending on traffic. If traffic isn't bad its like just an hour.

So not bad really. Closest to me is either Imperial or Pitcher. Just because i don't go through the actual city to get there and its real quick.

|

5/9/2015 10:16 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I have a custom Funday with mostly Odyssey, ...more

Yeah definitely the lightest bike I've ever ridden under 15lbs.

It takes me like 5 minutes to get to South Park and about like 20 to pitcher park

|

5/9/2015 10:26 PM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

I have a custom Funday with mostly Odyssey, ...more

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Yeah definitely the lightest bike I've ever ridden under 15lbs.

It takes me like 5 minutes to get to South Park and about ...more

SIck!! How about Imperial?

And here is my phone # so we can work stuff out, i finally got my replacement one from warranty.

304-5five9-five8one0

|

6/23/2019 8:21 PM

Zachary_Vinas wrote:

Does anyone know of any BMX trails in the pittsburgh area? I only know of 2 spots that are rideable as of now and want to ...more

creek side trails ( old Flush trails ). been there since 87' the guys are building new shit daily. big and small we got it all.
need guys who want to ride,dig and progress. There is a guy named Brian who is literally paying locals cash and bike parts for guys to come dig. check his website out..www.ridegreene.com

Trails are located in Waynesburg Pa.

|

6/26/2019 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2019 1:20 PM

Well sorry for the thread hijack, but any of you Pittsburgh guys ride street? Any good parking locations or tips on street riding Pittsburgh for the first time? It’s a few hours from me and I’m wanting to mix things up and start riding some new bigger cities/campus’s.

WELL SHIT. JUST SAW JAX BUMPED A 5 year old thread.

|