Bmx vs dj

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2015 12:04 AM

Is it harder to do tricks on a dj than on a bmx? I might get a specialized dj.

|

8/26/2015 12:07 AM

ARE WE SERIOUS??? Photo

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

8/26/2015 1:34 AM

cro tec wrote:

ARE WE SERIOUS??? Photo

Only if you insist

|

8/26/2015 3:29 AM

Depends of the size of the jumps.

If you are going to get more than 4 ft of air, get a DJ.

Less, get a BMX.

If it's high and fast, a DJ fares better as you get more stability from the 26 inch wheels and the geo.

I would prefer BMX tho because as it's smaller it's much more flickable and easier to muscle around. However, if you get a street based geo, then it's going to feel horrible in the air.

Every one has his own preferences.

As a general rule of thumb, if you want BIG BIG BIG and HIGH HIGH HIGH and FAST FAST FAST, get a DJ.

DJs are harder to learn certain tricks on too due to their sheer size and weight. Plus, for a DJ bike you can get around 2 BMXes.

Heck, even the price of a DJ frame is the same as a BMX complete...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/26/2015 8:29 AM

Skylight wrote:

Depends of the size of the jumps.

If you are going to get more than 4 ft of air, get a DJ.

Less, get a BMX.

If it's high ...more

I found some pretty nice dj bikes for $400 on Craigslist. One is with a sus fork and the other is ridgid. Idk which one would be better. Both are specialized p1 series.

|

8/26/2015 8:41 AM

P1s for 400 bucks?

Hmmmm... Not too bad.

BUT... If you HAVE to get a DJ, get the P3 or the P.Slope...

I also was on the verge of getting a DJ bike before buying a BMX... It was either a P3, a Giant (I don't remember the name), or a Dartmoor.

I chose a BMX as my jumps were not going to be too big: if I ended with small ones, I could ride them on a bmx anyhow, but not on a DJ. If I had BIG jumps, then a BMX would be OK.

A DJ has that fork that sucks up the pop (a bit) on takeoffs so BMX jumps might not be too comfortable on a DJ: they might be too close or made for rigid forks...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/26/2015 9:29 AM

Skylight wrote:

P1s for 400 bucks?

Hmmmm... Not too bad.

BUT... If you HAVE to get a DJ, get the P3 or the P.Slope...

I also was on the ...more

Here they are.Photo

Photo

|

8/26/2015 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2015 10:17 AM

*ahem*

DJ bikes can handle speed and air well, BUT don't necessarily discount the BMX when it comes to big air. Honestly you could do either. Now if we are getting more into the Slopetyle where dudes rock anything from DJ to downhill setups, a BMX might not be the best choice, but is doable.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2015 10:31 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

*ahem*

DJ bikes can handle speed and air well, BUT don't necessarily discount the BMX when it comes to big air. ...more

I don't think a bmx could handle a slope style course like redbull joyride, or other big courses like that. Those are like 2-3x as big as the video you showed! I don't really want a bmx bike anyways.

|

8/26/2015 10:35 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

*ahem*

DJ bikes can handle speed and air well, BUT don't necessarily discount the BMX when it comes to big air. ...more

I mean look at this! A bmx would shatter to pieces I would think. Photo

Photo

|

8/26/2015 10:58 AM

No it actually wouldn't shatter the bike. It would be a lot more harsh to the rider. But for the record, if you are entry level (and considering a Specialized P1 I imagine you are), probably going to be a while (few years minimum) before you are doing that stuff you posted.

Do you have a local spot to ride jumps etc? Or is your area nothing but street?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/26/2015 12:18 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

No it actually wouldn't shatter the bike. It would be a lot more harsh to the rider. But for the record, if you are entry ...more

Yea I was kidding. And I won't be doing ANYTHING that big anytime soon! There are a few jumps in my area. Maybe I'll actually go with a bmx bike. Idk, hard to choose. There's way more street than dirt

|