Bmx with 22”?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2019 7:06 AM

Hey all. I’ve got a question... just got my daughter her first BMX bike and I’m jealous. I’ve got a mountain bike but I hate them. Just don’t come close to the comfort and fun of the old days. I want to get a new BMX bike but it just doesn’t feel comfortable on bikes with 20” wheels. That and I’m sure there will be some “bike ride” action most of the time as she’s still young. I was wondering if anyone knows of any bikes with 22” wheels in the $400 range? And wether or not I can still mess around on a bike that size? Nothing crazy. I’m not gonna be the hell out of it. I’m too old with a messed up back. Thanks

|

5/17/2019 7:30 AM

I've seen people shred on 26" bikes. You got this.

|

fack off

5/17/2019 6:07 PM

You can get a Stolen Spade for about $500 brand new but check around for used completes.

Fit makes a great 22. Check Craigslist and Ebay. Saw this on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-Custom-Bmx-22-Fit-Fbm-22-Sunday-S-M-Bike/333149284514?hash=item4d913ea8a2:g:53EAAOSwI7Jcq4Sh

Also Facebook has a 22-Inch BMX Group and you may find some for sale there as well.

Framed makes a 22 for super cheap but you get what you pay for.

https://www.framedbikes.com/products/defendant-pro-bmx-bike-matte-black

|

5/17/2019 7:07 PM

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

5/17/2019 8:56 PM

Yeah, I’ve been looking around. There isn’t too much info out there. From what I’ve seen only like 5 companies or so even make them. I’ll check out that Facebook group, thanks. I can’t even find any shops anywhere near me that sell them. I’d really like to try a few first but not a big deal. I’m pretty confident that with how my back is at times, and the fact I’m 15+ years older I won’t be needing anything crazy. I’ve been looking at the Framed Pro a little. Honestly I’m not sure I need anything more than that but of course my eyes are lighting up like I’m 15 again at some of the others out there.

|

5/17/2019 9:41 PM

I know what you mean. I'm 43 and got back into riding last year since the high school days and it's been great. My back doesn't bother me and it feels like a 20" but more stable. I don't do anything crazy but have been able to get decent air at the trails and land some basic tricks. I tried different bikes and found the 22" to be just right. Hopefully you'll get a chance to test one out.

|

5/18/2019 3:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2019 3:07 AM

Cheapgoodsbmx.com sells the Fit TwentyTwo for 10% off anytime and free shipping - $522. Only major difference between a 20 and a 22 is tire and wheel size; everything else is interchangeable. Plenty of options available with the web.

For myself, I’ve found the 22” to be a comfortable, well-handling alternative without having to be on something big and clunky.

|

5/18/2019 6:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2019 6:24 AM

Furyus George wrote:

Cheapgoodsbmx.com sells the Fit TwentyTwo for 10% off anytime and free shipping - $522. Only major difference between a 20 and a 22 is tire and wheel size; everything else is interchangeable. Plenty of options available with the web.

For myself, I’ve found the 22” to be a comfortable, well-handling alternative without having to be on something big and clunky.

Good call! I should have mentioned cheap goods bmx. That's where I bought both of my bikes. Gabe Weed is a great guy and also gives the best deals from my experience. He can get any bike brand and part. I'm actually going to his shop later today!

|

5/18/2019 8:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2019 8:14 AM

snippersnapperz wrote:

Good call! I should have mentioned cheap goods bmx. That's where I bought both of my bikes. Gabe Weed is a great guy and also gives the best deals from my experience. He can get any bike brand and part. I'm actually going to his shop later today!

Nothing but great prices and great service from Gabe. Fast shipping California to Virginia. Answers the phone, responds to email, all of it. Highly recommended regardless of what bike you’re after. Would love it if CheapGoods was my lbs, and in a 21st century kinda way, it is.

|

5/18/2019 10:38 AM

Check my videos on the 22" framed defendant pro. Look up douglas Thompson on youtube and I should be the first result. I have a whole playlist about the 22" pros and cons.

|

5/18/2019 10:48 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Check my videos on the 22" framed defendant pro. Look up douglas Thompson on youtube and I should be the first result. I have a whole playlist about the 22" pros and cons.

ive opened up the video like 4 times in a tab meaning to watch it and i always forget

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

5/18/2019 11:20 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

ive opened up the video like 4 times in a tab meaning to watch it and i always forget

Lol no problem, just glad to know im in your thoughts.

|

5/18/2019 11:23 AM

I appreciate all the responses and info. I think I was expecting more people telling me not to get one. Based on the fact I probably won’t be too hard on the bike is another $200 really worth spending on a fit or something over the Framed Pro?

|

5/18/2019 11:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/18/2019 11:27 AM

OldManWhip wrote:

I appreciate all the responses and info. I think I was expecting more people telling me not to get one. Based on the fact I probably won’t be too hard on the bike is another $200 really worth spending on a fit or something over the Framed Pro?

Id say a framed defendant (non pro) would last most people a long time if you are just planning to actually ride and not do tricks.

Still make sure to adjust the spoke tension and keep the metal to metal contact areas lubricated, of course.

|

5/18/2019 12:06 PM

Well, I do plan on doing tricks. Just not anything too crazy but who knows what I’ll attempt when I actually get back on it. Definitely nothing too high though. I like being able to walk. Thanks.

|

5/21/2019 7:11 PM

|

Make BMX Metal Again!

Pedal Driven Cycles www.pedaldrivencycles.com

Mainline Outdoors www.mainlineoutdoors.bigcartel.com

6/8/2019 12:10 PM

OldManWhip wrote:

Hey all. I’ve got a question... just got my daughter her first BMX bike and I’m jealous. I’ve got a mountain bike but I hate them. Just don’t come close to the comfort and fun of the old days. I want to get a new BMX bike but it just doesn’t feel comfortable on bikes with 20” wheels. That and I’m sure there will be some “bike ride” action most of the time as she’s still young. I was wondering if anyone knows of any bikes with 22” wheels in the $400 range? And wether or not I can still mess around on a bike that size? Nothing crazy. I’m not gonna be the hell out of it. I’m too old with a messed up back. Thanks

Not sure if you bought a bike yet but someone is selling a WTP audio 2018 with S&M pitchfork and Madera stem on the FB 22-inch BMX Group for $450. Looks pretty clean.

|

6/8/2019 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2019 12:12 PM

In St Louis area.

|

6/8/2019 5:30 PM

I did. Thanks though. I actually went with a 24” Sunday. Glad I finally found a couple 24s to try out around me before I bought one. The 24” for me, feels just like my 20” did when I was 15. Now I love going for rides and what not with the kid.

|

6/9/2019 11:19 AM

OldManWhip wrote:

I did. Thanks though. I actually went with a 24” Sunday. Glad I finally found a couple 24s to try out around me before I bought one. The 24” for me, feels just like my 20” did when I was 15. Now I love going for rides and what not with the kid.

Congrats and enjoy!

|

6/12/2019 10:08 AM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

That bank to rail hop 🙌🤘🙌🤘

|

6/12/2019 12:35 PM

Someone posted that video earlier in the thread, Sean.

|