Bmx with 5/8” pedals

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2019 9:50 PM

Hey guys just picked up a free bmx , and I’m fixing it up for my son . I went to take the pedals off and noticed that it requires a 5/8” wrench . My pedal wrench is 9/16” and I can’t find a 5/8” one . I called the local bike shop and they didn’t know , nor do they sell a 5/8” wrench . Has anyone encountered this before ? I’ve never seen it on all the bmx bikes I had as a kid etc . I know I can just use a regular 5/8 “wrench but was interested . Googled it and can’t even find a 5/8 pedal wrench or any info on it . I see a 1/2” and 9/16” ... that’s it . Thanks

|

8/17/2019 11:12 PM

Get a 15mm pedal wrench should work out

|

8/17/2019 11:22 PM

Hey I have a pedal wrench , one end is 9/16” and the other end is metric 15mm . It don’t fit . I used a 5/8” normal wrench and it fits . I have never seen a bmx with a 5/8” pedal 🤷‍♂️ . it’s not a big deal , it’s just that I’ve bever seen that before , nor has the local bike shop . I guess the better question is how do I order pedals when they all

|

8/17/2019 11:33 PM

Sorry got cut off there , I meant to say how do I order pedals when I’ve never seen a 5/8 one ? I would use these but there cracked . And yes I know my wrench sizes as I’m a mechanic . I don’t know much about bmx bikes as it’s been years since I owned one . Very puzzling

|

8/18/2019 9:55 AM

landon wrote:

Sorry got cut off there , I meant to say how do I order pedals when I’ve never seen a 5/8 one ? I would use these but there cracked . And yes I know my wrench sizes as I’m a mechanic . I don’t know much about bmx bikes as it’s been years since I owned one . Very puzzling

Even if the wrench size is different, the thread size should be standard.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/19/2019 5:21 AM

landon wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Even if the wrench size is different, the thread size should be standard.

Correct.

They will either be 1/2 inch (if the bike has one piece cranks:

OR 9/16ths if 3 piece cranks:

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/19/2019 9:29 PM

Thanks makes sense now , once I took them off it turns out it’s 9/16 . Thanks once again guys

|