Bob Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2017 6:59 PM

Aight. Been wanting to get a 4 piece bar. Only 4 piece bars I've ever owned were the Bobs aka the best bars are. Besides The GT OG 17 bars (that are sold out everywhere) and the Skapegoat Bars (that you can't even find anymore), whats the closest thing to them?

I was thinking the Fit Benny L's or the 90East H.N.I.C bars.

|

10/14/2017 9:09 PM

I believe Harvester Bikes here in Canada has the GT 4 piece bars you mentioned

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/14/2017 9:32 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I believe Harvester Bikes here in Canada has the GT 4 piece bars you mentioned

Not for no $100. LOL. Plus way too big for me.
I know Albes SAYS they have them but I've ordered a couple times from there and they didn't have what I ordered abd I had to pick something else. Photo

.

|

10/14/2017 9:54 PM

I know a pair of bars that are nearly the exact same as the bob bars. They’re The Make Crew Bars, I’ll grab a link

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/14/2017 9:56 PM

The Make Crew Bars

Nearly the exact same, just has much more back sweep.
|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

10/14/2017 10:23 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote: The Make Crew Bars

Nearly the exact same, just has much more back sweep.

Thats actually insane. I think I know my next purchase.

|

10/16/2017 12:04 PM

Isn't Animal's Big 4 Bars just Bob Bars without his name on it?

|

10/16/2017 12:06 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

Isn't Animal's Big 4 Bars just Bob Bars without his name on it?

Nope.. Far from them. The specs are completely different. They're much bigger.

|

10/16/2017 12:10 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

Isn't Animal's Big 4 Bars just Bob Bars without his name on it?

WiteMic wrote:

Nope.. Far from them. The specs are completely different. They're much bigger.

Oh, so they aren't just wider? I was thinking of buying them and cutting them down to 25". Are those Crew bars posted earlier closer to actual Bob bars?

|

10/16/2017 12:15 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

Isn't Animal's Big 4 Bars just Bob Bars without his name on it?

WiteMic wrote:

Nope.. Far from them. The specs are completely different. They're much bigger.

Sheldon. wrote:

Oh, so they aren't just wider? I was thinking of buying them and cutting them down to 25". Are those Crew bars posted earlier closer to actual Bob bars?

The Make Crew ones are exactly Bob Bars. BUT they the old school ones that are 7.75 so if you're shorter than 5'9, they're perfect. You can still use them if you're taller but it might be a little uncomfy

|

10/16/2017 2:42 PM

The make bars or big fours are your best bet until bob makes another batch of skapegoat bars and who knows when that will be. Or you could buy some used bob bars. I got mine for $20 off a guy on vital.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/17/2017 2:01 PM

Here's a dumb question: How do you tell? I have 4 piece bars on my Grim Reaper and honestly don't remember what they are.

|

10/17/2017 2:03 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The make bars or big fours are your best bet until bob makes another batch of skapegoat bars and who knows when that will be. Or you could buy some used bob bars. I got mine for $20 off a guy on vital.

The GT OG17s are close and they come in a 8.65 which is perfect for my old back.

|

10/17/2017 2:04 PM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Here's a dumb question: How do you tell? I have 4 piece bars on my Grim Reaper and honestly don't remember what they are.

How do you tell if they're Bob bars? I mean the measurements say it all.

|

10/17/2017 3:53 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote: The Make Crew Bars

Nearly the exact same, just has much more back sweep.

WiteMic wrote:

Thats actually insane. I think I know my next purchase.

My cousin rides for the make, I use there death hand stem and grips. They make solid stuff, Atlantis in Vancouver has em. I believe he owns them iirc.

|

10/17/2017 9:09 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The make bars or big fours are your best bet until bob makes another batch of skapegoat bars and who knows when that will be. Or you could buy some used bob bars. I got mine for $20 off a guy on vital.

WiteMic wrote:

The GT OG17s are close and they come in a 8.65 which is perfect for my old back.

So 8.65" is perfect but 8.25" is too big? Doesn't make much sense to me...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/17/2017 9:14 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The make bars or big fours are your best bet until bob makes another batch of skapegoat bars and who knows when that will be. Or you could buy some used bob bars. I got mine for $20 off a guy on vital.

WiteMic wrote:

The GT OG17s are close and they come in a 8.65 which is perfect for my old back.

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

So 8.65" is perfect but 8.25" is too big? Doesn't make much sense to me...

Rider preference sir. You also have to pay attention to the specs. Rise, upsweep, and backsweep matter.

|