Bolt replacement

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2013 8:08 PM

When you guys need to replace bolts for your bike do you order them from a bike specific store or can you purchase them from a hardware store?

The reason I ask is I stripped the bolt on my seat post clamp and when I finally do figure out how to get it out i'm looking for the easiest way to replace it.

|

8/10/2013 8:10 PM

I order bolts if it's for my wheels. I go to the hardware store for everything else

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/10/2013 8:18 PM

Same thing happened to my seat clamp I just went to the bike shop and they got the closest bolt they had to it and it works but next time i order from danscomp I'm probably gonna order a replacement in case it ever breaks again.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/10/2013 8:23 PM

I got bolts for my old profiles from a hardware store but now I just order them, a lot easier haha.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/10/2013 8:37 PM

Okay thanks guys. Anyone know how to get the damn bolt out after it's already stripped?

|

8/10/2013 9:00 PM

grab it with pliers and twist... or use a grabit tool kit thing...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/11/2013 7:14 AM

Futon wrote:

Okay thanks guys. Anyone know how to get the damn bolt out after it's already stripped?

I sawed mine out. Just get a thin saw that will cut through metal and cut in between the clamp.

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |

8/11/2013 12:54 PM

Depends. I check hardware stores first, cause they are like 40 cents each, or 3 bucks each through mailorder.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura