Bolt wont budge

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2013 5:40 PM

I'm trying to take my sprocket side spindle bolt out, but it just wont budge... no matter how much i try.... probably because them stupid guys that put it on used locktight.... any idea on how to get it out.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 6:02 PM

anyone?

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 6:06 PM

Well that is a real bitch right there. I hate when that happens and i am encountering a similar difficulty. Spray WD 40 around it, see if that helps, otherwise take your crank off like a 2piece.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/15/2013 6:09 PM

let it soak in WD40

|

6/15/2013 6:11 PM

I'll buy some tomorrow and see if that works... i was thinking off popping it out like a 2 piece and see how that works I'll see what i can do.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 6:12 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

I'll buy some tomorrow and see if that works... i was thinking off popping it out like a 2 piece and see how that works I'll see what i can do.

Yeah just do that, I did that with my profiles for a long time lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/15/2013 6:12 PM

Sometimes your crank will be reverse threaded where the sprocket bolt threads in thats why they add Loctite. soak it in WD-40 and try turning it the opposite way youre trying to loosen it and if that doesnt work just muscle it and hope you dont strip it haha

|

Golf Wang

The Montaña Bike Check

Cult Sticker Hatred

Benny Fucking L

Refs: Showtime402, Mybike1986

6/15/2013 6:15 PM

you could try taking it off like a 2 piece crank, and lightly tapping the end of the spindle without an arm. That will push the spindle out a little bit and might help crack the bolt loose too since it's not jammed up against anything

|

6/15/2013 6:17 PM

Well i bought new bolts for the spindle so im putting the new bolt on there. thats why im taking the old bolts out.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 6:29 PM

Allen bolt?

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

6/15/2013 6:53 PM

This happened with my stem on the bottom bolt attached to the forks sad I stripped the allen key and had to end up cutting the bolt with a hack saw.

|

6/15/2013 8:02 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Allen bolt?

yeah the hex bolt

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2013 8:04 PM

sk8termatt wrote:

This happened with my stem on the bottom bolt attached to the forks sad I stripped the allen key and had to end up cutting the bolt with a hack saw.

I bought a badass hex key ratchet set on amazon.. Havent stripped any keys since

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 8:24 PM

Put a cresent wrench on the end of the allen key .Be carefull,it will want to slip.Grab end of cresent wrench.Watch bolt move........

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

6/15/2013 8:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2013 8:28 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Put a cresent wrench on the end of the allen key .Be carefull,it will want to slip.Grab end of cresent wrench.Watch bolt move........

I have this Ratchet set So a crescent wrench isnt an option really... i even tried... but the fact that the ratchet isnt working worrys me about this bolt... like they superglued this shit in or something.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 8:44 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Chrisaustin wrote:

I have this Ratchet set So a crescent wrench isnt an option really... i even tried... but the fact that the ratchet isnt working worrys me about this bolt... like they superglued this shit in or something.

Breaker bar time! 20 in. minimum.
Or a pipe on the end of a ratchet.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

6/15/2013 8:59 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Breaker bar time! 20 in. minimum.
Or a pipe on the end of a ratchet.

But im so scared i might snap my hex key bit.... That shit cost me some money.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 9:02 PM

Lift weights and man up about it.......typing on a keyboard isnt getting that bolt off........scared of breaking a tool really?

|

6/15/2013 9:03 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Lift weights and man up about it.......typing on a keyboard isnt getting that bolt off........scared of breaking a tool really?

Well when you dont have extra money laying around. It's not like i can afford to buy any more tools.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 9:05 PM

What are you unemployed?

|

6/15/2013 9:06 PM

eskimojay wrote:

What are you unemployed?

No. Im fucking 16 and aint no damn jobs in a small town.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 9:10 PM

I live in a small town and i started working at 13........quit screwing around with a bolt and get out there and get a damn job

|

6/15/2013 9:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I live in a small town and i started working at 13........quit screwing around with a bolt and get out there and get a damn job

Yessa masta... right away masta.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

6/15/2013 11:46 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

No. Im fucking 16 and aint no damn jobs in a small town.

Nope, i live in THE small town. There is like no one, and i still mow 7 lawns! haha you can find a few for sure!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/16/2013 12:56 AM

Heat it up with a lighter or blow torch. if you have an oxygen torch that would be even better. if it is locktited it will undo with ease

|

Latest edit (Check it out) | Anything With Two Wheels Goes!!
"Fuck it and Huck it" -Tomdon

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/17/2013 1:51 AM

Try shocking it by giving it a hard bang direct on to the bolt, it quite often works. Hopefully it should do it

|