Bomb Drops????

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2013 6:03 PM

Literally every time i try one i snap my chain. I land both feet on the pedals and as soon as i hit the ground my chain snaps?

|

Startin a new team of BMX lesbians called Bikes N Dykes

7/2/2013 6:08 PM

do a caveman and see what happens

|

7/2/2013 6:12 PM

greenbastard wrote:

do a caveman and see what happens

Basically what im doing. And this is the ledge,

Photo

|

7/2/2013 6:16 PM

I think they might be called ninja drops if you do it from seat grabs.........but ive done a few onto sketchy slides at playgrounds pretty fun

|

7/2/2013 6:23 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I think they might be called ninja drops if you do it from seat grabs.........but ive done a few onto sketchy slides at playgrounds pretty fun

I've heard of people calling them acid drops too. They're pretty fun to go up a steepish bank and kinda 90 bunnyhop into the form, then drop back into the bank.. if that makes sense.

And OP, is your chain shit, old, or keep breaking at the same place or what? If not that, then it might be cause you're not catching pedals before you land. Like, your back tire touches a split second before you land on your pedals, and all that force causes you chain to snap

|

7/2/2013 6:23 PM

i was just being a smartass... anyways thats odd that your chain snaps. put some slack in your chain and see what happens. ive ran my chain zingin tight and it was more prone to snap off hard hard landings.

|

7/2/2013 6:25 PM

ive heard the acid drop thing to that comes from skateboarding........everytime ive seen drew bezanson do one the announcer calls it a ninja drop........im sure its the same thing as calling a 50 50 grind a double peg......I go by double peg and all my friends call it 50 50 grind

|

7/2/2013 6:27 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I've heard of people calling them acid drops too. They're pretty fun to go up a steepish bank and kinda 90 bunnyhop into the form, then drop back into the bank.. if that makes sense.

And OP, is your chain shit, old, or keep breaking at the same place or what? If not that, then it might be cause you're not catching pedals before you land. Like, your back tire touches a split second before you land on your pedals, and all that force causes you chain to snap

This is the 5th time iv snapped my odyssey bluebird chain. So im not sure, i also feel like it has something to do with me landing them to flat instead of into a bank.

|

7/2/2013 6:29 PM

Mr.Buck Nasty wrote:

This is the 5th time iv snapped my odyssey bluebird chain. So im not sure, i also feel like it has something to do with me landing them to flat instead of into a bank.

Maybe.. I never have any trouble with my Bluebird chain, only time I did was when I rode the half link and snapped it doing a whip, do you use the half link/keep replacing the half link with another half link? that could be your issue too

|

7/2/2013 6:38 PM

i rode the cult 510 with no problems and i had 2 friends with bluebirds that kept snapping them. but theyre the same chain. maybe your chain is stretched which would require a new chain if its bad enough or maybe its dry and a tad rusty on the inside of plates/bushing/pin interface. try soaking it in wd40 overnight and see if that helps.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!