Boner kill

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2014 5:50 PM

Was having a nice time riding earlier, 360ed a 4 stair & upon landing I heard a loud ass TINK, thought it was a spoke.. Wasn't, inspected my welds, nothing, looked under my stem, and see this Photo

Hoping Primo will warranty it, now I need to find a new stem though sad

Sucks cause I really liked this one too haha

|

4/9/2014 5:51 PM

Redneck

|

"Of course theyre compatible theyre cranks"

4/9/2014 6:06 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Redneck

I second.

|

4/9/2014 6:33 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Redneck

biggybuggy wrote:

I second.

"Nay"

I understand S&M makes nice parts, I just don't personally like them that much. That's my personal preference for anyone about to give me a speech haha.

I'm gonna look at some stems, try to find one close enough to what mine is without getting the same one. I really liked the feel of mine so yeah.

|

4/9/2014 6:34 PM

mitchovich wrote:

Redneck

biggybuggy wrote:

I second.

sundaybmxRR wrote:

"Nay"

I understand S&M makes nice parts, I just don't personally like them that much. That's my personal preference for ...more

Front or top load?

|

4/9/2014 6:46 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Front or top load?

Front, tried a top load before, didn't like it

I've narrowed my decisions to either the Odyssey TDFL stem

Reach: 53mm
Stack Height: 31.5mm
Rise: 7.5mm
Clamp Bolts: 8x1.25mm (x4)
Pinch Bolts: 8x1.25mm (x2)
Weight: 11 oz

or the Cult Mind Control

Reach: 52mm
Stack Height: 29.2mm
Rise: 7mm
Weight: 9 oz

Both are companies I like, and pretty similar to what I have, give or take a mm. I'm real anal about my bike & notice the smallest increments.. So I mind end up going with the Cult unless they have a huge flaw in them & break all the dumb, which I doubt.

Here's what my specs are now

Reach: 51mm
Stack Height: 30mm
Rise: 5.7mm
Weight: 8.9 oz

So anyone with experience with either stem, let me know. But I'm kind of leaning towards the Cult since it's only 1mm different in reach. It doesn't seem like much, but I went from a 50mm reach stem to a 48mm reach stem a few years ago & it threw me off pretty bad for awhile

|

4/9/2014 6:54 PM

Scaring me because i have the same stem on my Dirt Jumper.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/9/2014 6:56 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Scaring me because i have the same stem on my Dirt Jumper.

Haha I bet! Never a good feeling seeing people break the same parts you have.

|

4/9/2014 7:41 PM

Tree

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

4/9/2014 7:44 PM

I think I'm going to go with the Cult Mind Control stem.

|

4/9/2014 7:45 PM

I've run a mind control, nice stem. I'd still ride the odsy any day.

|

4/9/2014 7:50 PM

Hey is that the annerlator V2 stem in front load.
The same thing happened to me last year and I even made a thread about how only the bolts held it together.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

4/9/2014 7:56 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

Hey is that the annerlator V2 stem in front load.
The same thing happened to me last year and I even made a thread about how ...more

Yep, it stayed tight though. I was able to ride on it lightly & just hit some manual pads.. Although I forgot about about it & 360ed off a curb and could feel flex haha. It might have been your thread I saw that scared me about riding this stem.

|

4/9/2014 7:59 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Any particular reason why? Or because "It's Cult"

Because spec-wise they're about the same. Both CNC machined from 6061 aluminum, & both look to be hollowed out about the same, just the Cult has a vertical bridge in the center right behind the bars.

|

4/9/2014 8:05 PM

ThePhoto

res the old photo of mine from the thread. and yeah i think it was yours.

|

4/9/2014 8:06 PM

Shit mine wasn't that bad, mine's on the bottom at the part right in front of the steerer tube

|

4/9/2014 8:08 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Shit mine wasn't that bad, mine's on the bottom at the part right in front of the steerer tube

yeah mine was there too. hahaha mine went straight through

|

4/9/2014 8:14 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

yeah mine was there too. hahaha mine went straight through

Shittt, I bet if I would have done something bigger than 360ing a 4 stair it would have split. Kinda glad I didn't try nose bonking down this wall earlier cause that probably would've done it haha.

|

4/9/2014 8:30 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Because spec-wise they're about the same. Both CNC machined from 6061 ...more

Because I think the odyssey looks better aesthetically. The cult was too generic for me. I love cult. Their parts are solid and they don't bullshit with quality (forget halflink they own).

|

4/9/2014 8:37 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Because I think the odyssey looks better aesthetically. The cult was too generic for me. I love cult. Their parts are solid ...more

Idk why but I like the simple design of the Cult, I don't really like when stems look too overdone. If it looked much bulkier though that would annoy me haha.

|

4/9/2014 8:40 PM

I'll have a fbm rise above polished for sale tomorrow. Literally ride it 5 times. Pics in my last bike check. $35 shipped.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

4/9/2014 8:42 PM

Ricked_Em wrote:

I'll have a fbm rise above polished for sale tomorrow. Literally ride it 5 times. Pics in my last bike check. $35 shipped.

Don't want a top load, sorry.

|

4/9/2014 8:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Because spec-wise they're about the same. Both CNC machined from 6061 ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

Because I think the odyssey looks better aesthetically. The cult was too generic for me. I love cult. Their parts are solid ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Idk why but I like the simple design of the Cult, I don't really like when stems look too overdone. If it looked much bulkier ...more

Seems legit. Get cult, good stem.

|

4/9/2014 8:46 PM

you too good fer stem.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/10/2014 7:58 AM

I have a mind control for sale if you want. 30 bucks shipped, used for 5-6 months

|

4/10/2014 9:03 AM

The cult seems like a good stem. I have th salvation v1 and work prefectly for me.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/10/2014 5:12 PM

get a redline proline xl
longest lasting fl period

|

4/10/2014 5:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/10/2014 5:18 PM

Colony Official, going 5 years strong fucking beast. 7075 stronker then 6061 just remember.

|

4/10/2014 6:39 PM

^ Don't like Colony, already ordered the Cult stem. Hopefully it'll get here quick cause I'm riding a stock Mission stem currently haha

|

4/10/2014 7:33 PM

fbm

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me