BootyBoots Bike Check

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2009 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:48 PM

Hey guys, thought I would do a bike check before I go out for the evening. I got this bike for a great deal earlier this year, and then just started putting a little cash into it, but not too much with a house payment and car payment and everything. Here is what I got so far:

Specs
Frame - Fit TRL 2, 20.5" w/Integrated Headtube
Fork - Stock 14mm
Bars - S&M RV 8”
Barends - Animal Plastic
Stem - Shadow Attack
Grips - Fit Original (Cut Flanges) (Have Edwins, but I'm going to wait to put them on.)
Headset - FSA Impact
Seatpost Clamp - Odyssey Mr. Clampy
Seatpost - Stock 25.4x125mm (Uncut)
Seat - SNAFU Bandanna w/8mm Rails & Clamp
Rear Wheel -Alienation PBR, 36H Single-Walled
Front Wheel -Alienation PBR, 36H Single-Walled
Cranks -Stock 3-pc, 175mm
Pedals - Odyssey Twisted PC
Sprocket - Stock 25T Steel
Chain - KMC
Brakes -None
Cables -None
Gyro -None
Pegs - Shadow Little Ones
Tires - Shadow Undertaker , 2.25" (Front), Odyssey Elm Street, 2.10" (Rear)
Mods - LOTEK stickers, Nothing is cut (Except Flanges). All I wanted to do was change the ugly stock stance and make it a more aggressive street/trail bike.

Future Mods, after Christmas I will post another check: Fit Flow Series Wheels (Gold), New fork (Don't know which one yet (Black) ), New cranks (Don't know which one yet (Black, Gold) ), and I'm going to get another Shadow Undertaker 2.25" for the back. I am also thinking about switching to a pivotal seat, and if I do that I'm jumping on the bandwagon and getting a Rouge Status seat and a stump post so I can slam it. [LINK TO IMAGE] [LINK TO IMAGE] [LINK TO IMAGE] [LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 4:19 PM

Nice!

|

BMX is the life and blood in my soul.

11/7/2009 4:22 PM

thats so sick get fit shivs and profiles ghd

|

funtington wrote :Have a really fat friend who rides them and they are totally solid.
Then again he sucks at riding, then again he is fat as fuck.
refs: backagianthe4time, FTBZ,ScramHype(x2),,fitrider123,iridefly

11/7/2009 4:24 PM

ride a fit wrote:

Yeah, I was looking at the shivs actually, thats one of my top 3 choices. I am looking at the Shivs, the Dirt Classics, and the Primo Kamakazi.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 4:39 PM

fuckin sick and if i were u id wait 4 the new wtp hollow helium forks

|

RIDE SOME TRAILS

11/7/2009 5:02 PM

mlr2121 wrote:

Thats true, that might be another good fork, that's why I have had such a hard time picking a fork because there are so many to choose from that are badass. The wheel set I wanted to go with the Flow Series because it's a good price for two complete wheels and I like Fit. The cranks too, thats another decision I have not made. But for sure by January I will have replaced the wheels, fork, cranks, and gotten another tire to run a big combo front and back.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 5:05 PM

mlr2121 wrote:

BootyBoots wrote:

Thats true, that might be another good fork, that's why I have had such a hard time picking a fork because there are so many ...more

yea but i think wethepeople and eclat are the way 2 go plus theyre stuff is light but built 2 last

|

RIDE SOME TRAILS

11/7/2009 5:06 PM

mlr2121 wrote:

BootyBoots wrote:

Thats true, that might be another good fork, that's why I have had such a hard time picking a fork because there are so many ...more

I would just up grade the fork and wheel set.
other then that, shits dialed...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/7/2009 5:07 PM

Sick Bike :D

|

11/7/2009 5:08 PM

looks good, ive seen this bike before... maybe another forum??

|

''if i was a whore i would sell my body parts just like i do on my bikes''
REFs: jrage, sweetdreams3 8x, iRideBikes07 2x, Gussy, Vam999, ridehard93 , gstring02,ridehard93... many more

11/7/2009 5:09 PM

ride a fit wrote:

It's GDH, I swear this happens all the time. Profile GHD doesn't exist.

Bike looks cleeeaaaaaan. I feel ya on the forks, I need new ones soon. This fourteen mil bullshit is clunky. And I'm grinding down the bottom of my pegside leg. My pegleg hahahaha

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

11/7/2009 5:27 PM

Very nice....

On the fork part i reccomend Odyssey Dirt's

Ive been running them for a year just riding street and no problems at all

|

11/7/2009 5:33 PM

dacumup213 wrote:

Yeah, I am also a member of BMX-Forum.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 5:36 PM

dacumup213 wrote:

BootyBoots wrote:

bbbbwwwhahahahaha!!

sorry.. but I'm glad your on here. Really the only other sight worth being a member on is thecomeupbmx "dot" net you know bout that one right?? Careful though, lots and lots of shit talkers there...

When I move to the city, I'm chillin with Adam. A lot...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/7/2009 6:07 PM

dacumup213 wrote:

BootyBoots wrote:

i knew it!

|

''if i was a whore i would sell my body parts just like i do on my bikes''
REFs: jrage, sweetdreams3 8x, iRideBikes07 2x, Gussy, Vam999, ridehard93 , gstring02,ridehard93... many more

11/7/2009 6:21 PM

that bike is sexy

|

Boxman for President

11/7/2009 6:23 PM

S.E.X.Y

|

"go high, touch the sky"

11/7/2009 7:19 PM

Deff fit shivs.
Stolen team cranks
profile wheels, the flows are alright but the rims arent the greatest. Get odyssey, primo or profile hubs to odyssey hazard lites. Wheels are the biggest part of the bike and not something you want to slack on at all. I wouldn't do gold, black wheels would be soooo sick, but to each his own. Nice bike though man, looks really nice!

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

11/7/2009 7:20 PM

for your new cranks you want them to be gold or black right? you can buy profiles that are black but have a gold sparkle in them smile i think their good for the colour you want them to be, but anyway bike looks SICK!

|

11/7/2009 7:35 PM

your bike is sooooo hot

|

REFS- purplerain814, robamullen, TommyBoy, letsride123

11/7/2009 8:58 PM

sickest bike ive seen that still has stock parts on it.
the seats hella dope too.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
REFs: Vanny, brenden1207, Spikez5

11/7/2009 9:04 PM

FUCKIN GNARRRRR

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

11/7/2009 10:58 PM

Thank you for all the compliments guys. Yeah, I had to take it apart today though, I was painting my wheels white and some shit kept getting fucked up. They looked perfect then fell off the holder, dropped, bent, paint all fucked up. So new wheels is for certain.

I would love to get more expensive wheels Ressler711, but I got so much other shit to pay for (house payments and truck payments), that $200.00 is about all I am going to be able to swing on those, and being that they are complete and for $189.00, it's a good deal. If I see something in the Danscomp scratch and dent store or find a good deal through someone then maybe I will get something else.

Thank you for the tip Whytyrules, I will have to look into those cranks.

As far as the color, I don't know, I might end up sticking with the black, white, and flat grey coloring, but I think if I added in one more color it would have to be gold. I don't know what other color would look good with the setup I got now.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 11:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2009 11:00 PM

What do you think guys? I think gold or possibly red for one more color in the bike. But white, black, and flat grey are all so neutral, so I think gold would flow the best, being a more solid color that goes with the others.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 11:05 PM

BootyBoots wrote:

What do you think guys? I think gold or possibly red for one more color in the bike. But white, black, and flat grey are all ...more

You needn't look any further than my profile's bike pics for my feelings on grey, black, white and gold. But if you don't feel like lookin'... go for the gold!

|

11/7/2009 11:06 PM

sexy bike dude

|

11/7/2009 11:10 PM

GMGuinn wrote:

You needn't look any further than my profile's bike pics for my feelings on grey, black, white and gold. But if you don't feel ...more

Yeah, I just looked, it does look nice, and I think it will look good on mine being a little darker grey. How do you like those NItrous wheels?

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 11:23 PM

BootyBoots wrote:

Yeah, I just looked, it does look nice, and I think it will look good on mine being a little darker grey. How do you like ...more

I loves 'em! It's nice havin' wheels that actually roll. But my frame of reference is kinda askew. My last wheels had unsealed hubs and got to the point where they had to be rebuilt pretty much every week. To Hell with unsealed hubs! To Hell with cones!

|

11/7/2009 11:34 PM

Yeah, I like those Flow series because they are sealed.

|

Atlanta Made, ATL Paid
[LINK TO IMAGE]

11/7/2009 11:40 PM

what exact color is your frame

|