Boredom

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2016 4:00 AM

So, I've got a day off work, meeting my mum for lunch so won't have time to ride until later. I got bored this morning and remembered I've got some paint stripper and black spray paint...... Not sure if that's a good thing but it's too late to change my mind now hahaha

|

6/11/2016 7:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

So, I've got a day off work, meeting my mum for lunch so won't have time to ride until later. I got bored this morning and ...more

oh boy..... haha

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/11/2016 10:26 AM

Photo

I don't really like it but yolo. I might have to get some more trans black and some more paint stripper....
|

6/11/2016 12:30 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

So, I've got a day off work, meeting my mum for lunch so won't have time to ride until later. I got bored this morning and ...more

I think it looks real nice in the picture, but it's YOUR bike at the end of the day. One may find someone's setup the best thing in the world, but the owner may be totally burnt out of it, haha. I guess that's just the way things are.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/11/2016 12:36 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Cool man. I personally have rode a black bike so long that I'm way bored of it. I'll be stripping and painting mine soon even though i just got the frame haha.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/11/2016 12:49 PM

It might grow on me, it all looks too new and nice now. I like the look of bikes that have been ridden. I'm thinking of spraying the frame trans black. Or better yet, spray everything quite a dark trans black, with a slightly lighter trans black on the frame.
Or I just throw it around and drag it through bushes until it looks more ridden....

|

6/11/2016 5:04 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

grimey, I like it keep it like that man

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/13/2016 5:45 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I love the look of a fresh and clean setup, having a chrome frame/fork etc and not grinding a lot kept that setup looking MINT for a few YEARS. Now I am on a rattlecanned frame and fork, and it looks like crap haha.

Also my rear rim is MANGLED on the left side because of my rail.

I should make an edit of my rail clips.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/13/2016 7:09 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I think it looks sweet...sort of old school military...I think I would play that up some how

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/14/2016 3:14 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

I think it looks sweet...sort of old school military...I think I would play that up some how

Get some flat army green and black parts.

That would look slick.

Then maybe a flat white star on the HT.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/14/2016 3:24 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Eventually I want a bike of every color.

|

6/14/2016 4:21 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Get some flat army green and black parts.

That would look slick.

Then maybe a flat white star on the HT.

do the flat white star or the old school air force star on the DT or TT

for your team:

Photo

or ours...

Photo

either would be cool!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

6/15/2016 10:06 AM

Photo

Nothing will ever be replacing this headtube badge!
I was thinking maybe dark grey on the frame, then a darker grey on the bars and forks. Or I stop worrying about it and just ride it. I wouldn't mind the headtube badge standing out a bit more though.
|

6/15/2016 1:19 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You could do a flat finish on everything and polish the headbadge

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/15/2016 9:46 PM

If you like the "ridden bike" look, i have a scratched up skavenger sticker to sell you.

On a serious note... spray the headtube badge black and just before it dries, wipe the paint off, but not very hard.

It will give it that vintage look.

Or you can have the headbadge electro gold plated for extra bling.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

6/16/2016 8:40 AM

The raw frame looks actually sick on your setup...

I would definitely consider keeping it raw, letting it rust just a bit and putting on a top coat to seal the thing...

That pain idea on the head tube badge is a great idea.

I would suggest prickling the lettering surface with a stiff brush tho for yet another look.

Or you could polish it, then paint the lettering black then get a stiff brush...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

6/16/2016 10:48 AM

one try kid wrote:

If you like the "ridden bike" look, i have a scratched up skavenger sticker to sell you.

On a serious note... spray the ...more

I was thinking the same thing about "antiqueing" the head tube badge...but couldn't remember the way to do it

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus