Boredom makes you do crazy things...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2010 10:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 5:02 AM

So here is a bike check for shits 'n' giggles.

Frame: Eastern Journey 21"

Fork: Odyssey Flatland Minimal Offset 3/8

Bars: Animal Sways

Stem: Shadow Top Load (5 + years old)

Headset: Half Eastern Half Fly

Grips: Odi Longneck

Bar Ends: Shadow Aluminum

Front Brake Lever: Stock from Eastern Boss-2010

Front Brake Cable: Jagwire housing, Bulk shop cable (jagwire)

Front Brake: Diatech 990 with Fiesta Upgrade Kit

Front Rim: Primo Hula Hoop (5 Plus years old) 36h

Front Spokes: Various

Front Hub: GSport Monkey, 3/8ths, 48h

Front Tire: Odyssey Dirt Path, 20X2.2

Cranks: Eastern Nomad, 175MM I think

Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC

Sprocket: Mosh with Bash Guard, 25t

Chain: KMC Kool WITH master link

Rear Brake Lever: Odyssey M2 With Dual upper cable

Gyro: Odyssey GTX-R From when it first came out (like 8 years ago)

Lower Cable: SST Oryg Dual cable Kit with Odyssey London Mod

Rear Brake: Fly Chainstay

Rear Hub: Eastern Birectional, 36h, 9t

Rear Spokes: Stock from Prebuilt wheel

Rear Rim: Alex Supra J Triple Wall, 36h

Rear Tire: Odyssey Dirt Path 20X2.2

Seat: Macniel Fat Capital

Seat Post: Primo 300-something MM

Seat Clamp: Integrated

Pegs: Terrible One Aluminum core chromoly sleeve.

Hub Guard: Sometimes I run one, FBM

Custom Mods: Dual lower cable cross junction-made out of spare housing and zip ties to get better pull on the brakes and eliminate flex of the cables when I pull them (No more spongy feel). Also protects the frame from scratching from cable rub. Use Wet Chain Lube for my driver, made a special barrel adjuster setup for my front brake (brake arms are supposed to be rear only), uncut bars, trimmed the seat post down some, custom lacing pattern for front wheel (48h hub to 36h rim).

Pretty sure that is all for special mods and stuff. Alrighty. Killed like 15 minutes with this one.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/30/2010 11:40 AM

dam dave ur shits oldschool!

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

11/30/2010 11:42 AM

nice man

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

11/30/2010 11:46 AM

LOVE IT!

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

11/30/2010 4:24 PM

gstring02 wrote:

dam dave ur shits oldschool!

Bahaha how so? Cause my seat isn't slammed and I have brakes?

You kids make me laugh bahahahaha

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/30/2010 4:25 PM

Seat up, brakes, and parts that have actually been used...

spot on.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

11/30/2010 4:29 PM

This is amazing.

I laugh at kids like Gstring.

I want front brakes alot.

|

My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

11/30/2010 4:31 PM

kill more time, make an edit!

|

flowin' like a period.

11/30/2010 4:32 PM

And also can you explain what you did with the lower cables.

Would be much appreciated.

|

My bicycle.

11/30/2010 4:34 PM

stayfitlife wrote:

Agreed that looks ingenious. I've tried for about 3 hours before to get dual cables run so they didn't carve up the seattube but never figured a solid way out.

|

11/30/2010 4:39 PM

stayfitlife wrote:

tibug wrote:

Agreed that looks ingenious. I've tried for about 3 hours before to get dual cables run so they didn't carve up the seattube but never figured a solid way out.

Mine don't hit my seat tube.

There is a good amount of space actually.

Yours do?

|

My bicycle.

11/30/2010 4:43 PM

stayfitlife wrote:

Yours do?

Actually this was a bike at the shop where I work. We don't do many bmx bikes, so we didn't have any seattube mount cable guides in stock...and due to the way the cable sat in the brake, it HAD to cross behind the seattube. That made it contact the seattube, yes. I don't remember the exact situation, but I know we ended up ordering a seattube mount cable guide.

|

11/30/2010 4:47 PM

tibug wrote:

stayfitlife wrote:

Yours do?

tibug wrote:

Actually this was a bike at the shop where I work. We don't do many bmx bikes, so we didn't have any seattube mount cable guides in stock...and due to the way the cable sat in the brake, it HAD to cross behind the seattube. That made it contact the seattube, yes. I don't remember the exact situation, but I know we ended up ordering a seattube mount cable guide.

I cross mine behind the seat post to get a better pull on the brakes, and what I do is cut two pieces of cable housing, one for each cable, and just ziptie them together in front of and behind the seat tube so they don't slide around. It works really well, and if you put a little grease or teflon lube in the housing, they pull amazingly. My rear brake with 4 cables pulls like my old straight cable.

There would be a lot of space if I didn't cross them.

As to the edit, we got some snow today, and under it is icy, and on top of that I messed my neck up the other day. Won't be a decent edit from me for a while unfortunately. But I will try to get one going when I ride next (bout two weeks is my next park run-I will get some footage).

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/30/2010 4:55 PM

Love it! But you should update your setup and setup picture on your profile. smile

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/30/2010 5:03 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I cross mine behind the seat post to get a better pull on the brakes, and what I do is cut two pieces of cable housing, one for each cable, and just ziptie them together in front of and behind the seat tube so they don't slide around. It works really well, and if you put a little grease or teflon lube in the housing, they pull amazingly. My rear brake with 4 cables pulls like my old straight cable.

There would be a lot of space if I didn't cross them.

As to the edit, we got some snow today, and under it is icy, and on top of that I messed my neck up the other day. Won't be a decent edit from me for a while unfortunately. But I will try to get one going when I ride next (bout two weeks is my next park run-I will get some footage).

My problem was getting something that would be reliable. That's awesome that you figured that out. It's so simple and effective. The zipties all stay where they're supposed to? And the ferrules aren't forced off the housing by the zipties?

|

11/30/2010 5:47 PM

tibug wrote:

My problem was getting something that would be reliable. That's awesome that you figured that out. It's so simple and effective. The zipties all stay where they're supposed to? And the ferrules aren't forced off the housing by the zipties?

Nope, I lightly pinch the ferrules on so they can't come off, and put a ziptie around each housing, and then one between the two so I could custom set up the angle etc. The way it is set up, the housing barely tries to move (I used to have nothing holding them in place, they occasionally moved), so the zipties just keep the tiny bit of movement in check.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/30/2010 5:52 PM

i didnt mean it in a bad way, i meant u keep it real and still ride supras and hoops

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

11/30/2010 5:54 PM

gstring02 wrote:

i didnt mean it in a bad way, i meant u keep it real and still ride supras and hoops

Haha I figured, i was just giving ya shit

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/30/2010 6:01 PM

gstring02 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Haha I figured, i was just giving ya shit

ya its koo, nice job with the 36/48h front rim

|