Born and raised jam questions..

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2018 7:06 PM

Hey, so a many of you might know Empire BMX is holding their born and raised jam here in San Diego. I wan to compete, and there are three brackets: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. I would not consider myself intermediate and definitely not advanced. I want to compete in the beginner bracket, but can't find an age requirement or group that would prohibit me from joining that bracket. Of course they wouldn't let me go up against some 9 year old kid as I am 15. If anyone can do some looking around for me and figure this out I will GREATLY appreciate it. Here's a link to the website: https://theboardr.com/events/3387

|

5/11/2018 7:50 PM

+15124744269

BOOM! There's Empire's phone number man, just ask them directly so you know you're getting correct information...

I really wish I could compete too! Seems to be alot of fun!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/11/2018 7:56 PM

Thanks man! Their closed right now but I’ll try and call later to see if they vocab answer my questions

|

5/11/2018 8:00 PM

Ya man give em a call tomorrow, they're open 9am-5pm your time (they're open 11am-7pm Texas) so y'all are 2 hours behind us, so 9am-5pm your time...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/12/2018 8:27 AM

Havent rode in it, but typically contests are ran one of 2 ways.

1. By age. Brackets would be like 16-, 17-29, 30+, etc.

2. By skill level. This gets a little tricky since the only thing that classifies you for a class is your riding ability, which they won't see until it's time to show.

So typically, in a contest split up by skill level, they will dock you points for "sandbagging", AKA doing tricks / riding in a fashion that is above the skill level you entered in. If you sandbag really hard, they may even call you out over the mic/megaphone and make you look like an ass lol.

Just remember, it's all about having fun & getting out there, not about winning. Ive only entered as Pro or Experienced and accepted my second-to-last or last place haha.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx