Bottom Bracket

Related:
Create New Tag

4/17/2016 5:54 AM

FFS i have been reading fourms all over the web maybe in just stupid but what is the difference in bottom bracket standards need to buy a new one but i dont know what standard to buy size is fine but is there any difference between spanish mud and us?!?!?!? Please help anything appreciated smile.

|

4/17/2016 5:59 AM

Yes there is a difference. Mid has a 41mm OD, Spanish has a 37mm OD, I can't remember US off the top of my head, but it's bigger than both. You also need to take your axle diameter into consideration. They're typically 19mm, 22mm or 24mm.
Any half decent bmx frame from the past few years will be mid. If the frame's from a cheap bike it could be mid or US. If it's around 10 years old it could be any of those or euro. If it's older than that it's probably US.

|

4/17/2016 6:04 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yes there is a difference. Mid has a 41mm OD, Spanish has a 37mm OD, I can't remember US off the top of my head, but it's ...more

Its a 2010 colony premise with a 19mm axle so all i need to know is the shell width?

|

4/17/2016 7:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 7:27 AM

I can't find anything about that bike, that year. The 2013 was a good bike with mid bb, so I'd assume it's a mid. Just measure the internal diameter of the bb shell. The new bb will come with various spacers to space it out so the width isn't important

|

4/17/2016 2:27 PM

Thanks heaps

|