Bottom Brackets.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2011 10:28 AM

Im getting a new frame very soon and i know how to assemble everything BUT the bottom bracket. Its like a bitch for me. I need to know how to take it out, and put it back without any harm to it. That way i dont have to wait a week for my local bikeshop to assemble it cuz the owner is a dick.

|

1/29/2011 10:39 AM

take a chisel and a mallet and just hit it out. thats what the owner of my bike chop did to get mine ou, then search on google how to make a bb press, i think all you need to do is take an axle and 2 washers than tighten the bollts on the exle until the bearings are in.

|

KingsRideShop FTW
cupovjoe wrote: I WAS TALKING ABOUT TACOS YOU SICK FUCK

1/29/2011 10:41 AM

sometimes the bearingsgo in easy. i just put mine in yesterday. i hit them in them in with my hand and then lighlty tapped them with a small hammer. and they went in fine

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

1/29/2011 10:42 AM

Could i tap the chisel with a hammer? I dont have a mallet.

|

1/29/2011 10:43 AM

Bryanridesbikes123 wrote:

Could i tap the chisel with a hammer? I dont have a mallet.

sure

|

KingsRideShop FTW

1/29/2011 10:44 AM

take the extention from a ratchet, and put it through to the bottom bearing when the bottom bracket is facing down. get a rubber mallet, and tap around it, dont hit too hard, but youll need a good amount of force to get it out. just go around in a circle, and itll pop out.

then to get it back in, i put the bottom bracket on a piece of wood, so it wont get damaged from hitting the other side. make sure the bb shell is clean, and then add a decent amount of grease. put some on the outside of the bearing too. then tap it in gently, making sure it goes in evenly. keep going until its flush. which is when it should stop moving anyway cause itll hit the lip on the inside.
now a lot of people have issues getting the bearings and spacer tube aligned, but i found a way to get around that. put your spindle from the cranks through the first bearing, and through the spacer tube. then put the second bearing on it, and tap that bearing in, just leave the spindle like halfway down the bearing, so ur not beating on your spindle. it sounds complicated, but when you actually do it, it should work out. good luck

|

1/29/2011 10:50 AM

i just used loads of grease and hammerd my bb in.

|

Refs:
wade, ~stolen boy~, mattjmuldoon(x2), droogskul(x2), element4all, ron44ald, iridefly(x2), empath_, ajp62696, areanfsl, dontdeletemepleaseandthankyou, JakeSalbert, asilva23, bmx4life121303, TCbmx.

1/29/2011 10:51 AM

JKbmx09 wrote:

take the extention from a ratchet, and put it through to the bottom bearing when the bottom bracket is facing down. get a rubber mallet, and tap around it, dont hit too hard, but youll need a good amount of force to get it out. just go around in a circle, and itll pop out.

then to get it back in, i put the bottom bracket on a piece of wood, so it wont get damaged from hitting the other side. make sure the bb shell is clean, and then add a decent amount of grease. put some on the outside of the bearing too. then tap it in gently, making sure it goes in evenly. keep going until its flush. which is when it should stop moving anyway cause itll hit the lip on the inside.
now a lot of people have issues getting the bearings and spacer tube aligned, but i found a way to get around that. put your spindle from the cranks through the first bearing, and through the spacer tube. then put the second bearing on it, and tap that bearing in, just leave the spindle like halfway down the bearing, so ur not beating on your spindle. it sounds complicated, but when you actually do it, it should work out. good luck

you said it way better. Do this exactly.

|

KingsRideShop FTW

1/29/2011 11:00 AM

Yeah that helped alot. Im pretty sure i can do it. ill give it a shot soon.

|

1/29/2011 11:00 AM

uhhh all i do is beat it with a mallet until gets in completely, when i didnt have a mallet i putted a flip flop on the bearing and hammer it in

|

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker