Bottom bracket

Related:
Create New Tag

4/28/2013 7:29 PM

So my bottom bracket makes noises when ever I jump on my cranks and im like 100 pounds and when I start to ride it'll make a sharp cracking noise, and it also makes noises as I ride but I greased it and it still does the same stuf. Could I keep riding this or should I replace it and if I can ride it how long do you think it'll take for it to blow or shits out on me. I ask this because I wanna get new bars but if my bb's ganna shit out on me I should get that first.

|

4/28/2013 7:34 PM

did you press it, or a shop, also it might be the cranks not tight enough, mine did that awhile ago when i forgot to tighten my cranks all the way

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

4/28/2013 7:40 PM

Not your BB, $20 and a handshake (a firm one) says it's your cranks, what spline are they?

|

4/28/2013 7:41 PM

Purple bike wrote:

did you press it, or a shop, also it might be the cranks not tight enough, mine did that awhile ago when i forgot to tighten my cranks all the way

Shop and I tightened them right after I checked em out to see if like anything was in their that could cause this

|

4/28/2013 8:03 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Not your BB, $20 and a handshake (a firm one) says it's your cranks, what spline are they?

8 spline

|

4/28/2013 8:19 PM

Brownboys wrote:

8 spline

I can almost be certain that's what it is. the sound you hear is from the splines, over time they wear out and the pinch bolt doesn't keep them as tight as they used to. Greasing it can help I think, but my old 48 spline cranks used to do it all the time as well and I fixed it by taping the splines with plumber's tape to make a snugger fit. That could also work for you but idk how well

|

4/29/2013 9:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

8 spline

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I can almost be certain that's what it is. the sound you hear is from the splines, over time they wear out and the pinch bolt doesn't keep them as tight as they used to. Greasing it can help I think, but my old 48 spline cranks used to do it all the time as well and I fixed it by taping the splines with plumber's tape to make a snugger fit. That could also work for you but idk how well

oh so new cranks ill get em

|

4/29/2013 10:06 PM

Brownboys wrote:

better cranks would stop it for sure, but the cheaper route would be what I said about greasing it or using plumber's tape

|

4/29/2013 10:21 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

better cranks would stop it for sure, but the cheaper route would be what I said about greasing it or using plumber's tape

ill try it

|

4/29/2013 11:11 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

good ole plumbers tape, i used a few layers of it to bodge a bar end the other week, gotta love that white stuff

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)