Bottom bracket height

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2016 1:20 PM

Which bb height is best for what type of riding? Im in the process of a new build and i would like to start doing a lot more tricks. I prefer street riding over anything. What height should i put my bb?

|

1/25/2016 1:25 PM

You should go for around 11.8 for street, higher bb is easier for spinny tricks, but not as stable. You'll only really notice a difference if it's drastically different to your current frame though

|

1/25/2016 1:33 PM

Also keep in mind pedal thickness can come into play, as can tire size and front end height and angles for how a frame feels.

George French Article-READ THIS

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/25/2016 1:33 PM

11.8 is exactly what i was thinking. The bb on my current bike is 11.75 so i figured it wouldnt feel too weird

|

1/25/2016 1:34 PM

Ill be running odyssey grandstand pedals and 2.3" tires

|

1/25/2016 11:26 PM

It'll feel basically the same. I went from 11.8 to 11.65 or something and it didn't really make any difference. However, I would like to go back to 11.8. Maybe I was just better on the old frame, but some things felt a little less effort. And I doubt I'll get the chance to ride how I want anyway (no trails or bowls near me sad and I'm a pussy)

|