Box Concentric Linear Race Brake Cable for Street?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2018 11:35 AM

I’m looking to run 2 lower cables with the Odyssey London mod thingy and been looking for interesting colour cables when I came across the Box Components cables which come in some nice colours and finishes.

My question is, would this stand up to park/street use as its labelled as ‘race’. I can’t see it being a problem but thought id ask if anyone has any experience with theses?Photo

|

If you build it, they will come

2/12/2018 11:50 AM

I'm not sure what you think the cable will be going thru that it wouldn't otherwise. It's brake cable... it basically sits there. Now, if you were thinking of using it a a straight cable & planning on doing bar spins & whips, then there might be an issue. But if it's just sitting in its location, there's no reason it should be any different than any other cable from a use standpoint.

|

2/12/2018 12:07 PM

I just spent 100 on a box genius lever , I’m stoked for spring to see how it does , it’s light as hell and has a tension spring in it should be interesting , box looks like they make some nice stuff

|

2/12/2018 12:08 PM

Should be fine. It's linear so it should be good for barspins as a straight cable too. I've never once heard of a race specific cable

|

2/12/2018 12:32 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Should be fine. It's linear so it should be good for barspins as a straight cable too. I've never once heard of a race ...more

Me either...but I’m new to BMX and have seen Race specific Forks, cranks etc. Thought I’d check. Before I went and bought one to find it’s not intended for what I want. Thanks peeps!

|

If you build it, they will come